It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 California deputies arrested; inmate died of blunt trauma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
3 California deputies arrested; inmate died of blunt trauma
(apnewsarchive.com)

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Three Northern California jail guards have been arrested after an inmate under their watch was found dead of multiple blunt trauma, authorities said Thursday.

Santa Clara County sheriff's spokesman Sgt. James Jensen said the deputies — Rafael Rodriguez, 27, Jereh Lubrin, 28, and Matthew Farris, 27 — remain in custody without bail.

Medical Examiner Dr. Joseph O'Hara said that Michael James Pipkin Tyree, 31, died of multiple blunt force injuries, "visceral lacerations" and internal bleeding.

Not only do these three CO's beat the man to death inside his cell, but they leave him there covered in blood, vomit, and feces for the morning shift to find. Continuing examples that America is running Gulags not jails.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Yes sadly, inmate deaths go very under reported in the media.. They are wide spread;and just another face of abuse and tyranny, of the control system those in power have established...

We got to keep shouting, we've got to hold them accountable, it's the only way change will ever take place, but it's tiresome and we become jaded, but we must not! While innocents are murdered and crushed by the black boot of oppression, we must stick it through an continue to shine the light on this very dark practice..

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I know you don't want to take an elevator ride in high 5 in Brazoria County.
You will be lucky if you exit with less than a limp.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Not only do these three CO's beat the man to death inside his cell, but they leave him there covered in blood, vomit, and feces for the morning shift to find. Continuing examples that America is running Gulags not jails.

The mindset that allows that to happen clearly shows a disconnect of life itself....some correctional centers are nothing more torture chambers .....

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I am confused. Are these corrections officers OR deputised police officers?

Is there any circumstance where an individual can be both, and if so, could someone with firm knowledge on that point post it in detail? I had no idea such a thing was possible!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Posted yesterday:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Maybe it's the mood I'm in today, but, [ and I've asked this many time ] who is surprised at this?
Who can honestly say this is a shock/surprise/revelation? We know this goes on. We know jailers and cops will beat the crap out of you, just for a sarcastic remark or not showing enough fear/respect for their authority. And we allow it to happen. Yes, there are good cops. Yes, they go out of their way to do their jobs and respect our rights. But, why, in the name of God, do they protect the ones they KNOW are the ones doing this type of stuff? And why do WE tolerate it? Every inmate that dies under suspicious circumstances should be treated as a murder investigation. Every traffic stop that turns in to a beating because some citizen knew his rights and refused to be bullied should be treated as a felony and investigated as such. By a Citizens review board, not their buddies in the department.
These 3 should be thrown in general population and see what happens. They deserve no special consideration for their "years of service". What service? Getting their jollies by beating folks who don't bow and kiss their ass?
Any officer, jailer, judge or attorney that abuses their authority should be in prison, no parole. Why no parole? They were trusted with the welfare of We The People and they abused t it. They used it for their own purposes and that should be a life sentence.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

We've been told by our own resident LEOS that if you say anything you WILL be targeted. So basically ALL police know they work for corruption.

How anyone can work under that pressure is beyond me....

How anyone can claim "it's only a few bad apples" after hearing that is also beyond me.......
edit on 4-9-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

@ OP - I posted this yesterday. Network has already linked to it

@ TrueBrit - it's up to the locality and the kind of facility it is. Jails tend to be run by sheriff's deputies. Some agencies are fully sworn personnel. Some agencies ONLY work the jail and courthouse. Somebody, where I'm at, that is a "correctional officer" has police powers but they are limited to the facility grounds. Essentially like a private security guard.

This is California though, so I don't have any idea how they're set up. California is weird.

Prisons are a whole other setup entirely.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

i had been in this county jail before moving to mt,they are NOTORIOUS for violence. when i was in for afew days i got to meet "wrist breaker" and watch him break three drunk peoples arms not sure if hes still in santa clara county but im glad im not

edit to add most of the deputies at the jail are on a rotation ie some of them go be sherrifs and then after a set ammount of time they rotate back into jail duty for abit so i know at least in santa clara county you can be both a depty sherrif and a guard depending on how the rotation is going at the time
edit on 4-9-2015 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Death penalty.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
(nevermind)
edit on 9/9/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

top topics

join