It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's kill this turgid, mind-numbing forum. It's just a distraction from real life.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oooh, looks like you struck a few nerves Andy.

I blame game of thrones myself, it turns even the staunchest truthseeker weak at the knees from what I understand.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree. There hasn't been anything good on since Dabney Coleman retired.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I once went weak at the knees, then I realised that my socks were too tight.

On topic.

I like tv. It's a welcome distraction, a great medium for movies and sci-fi shows, and it amuses me.

So if we're going to vote, put me in the "yes" catagory for tv.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Here's the thing - I enjoy a little judicious mindrot every now and then just like I enjoy a little alcohol now and then. Or that occasional trip to the local grease pit down the street. Sometimes, you need to have a bit of vice in your life to know you really lived.

edit on 4-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I have to agree with the sci fi.

Theres nothing better on a day off than locking the doors shutting the cutrains unplugging all the phones and rewatching stargate/trek for 18+ hours straight with only a break to answer the door to the takeaway delivery guy.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I would argue with you over it. But I have Netflix running on my computer. The game on the TV. A music video on my phone. And I am also watching some friends put on a live play. All while reading ATS on my tablet.

Next thing your going to say is that smoking is bad for you.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Turgid? 2. Swollen or distended, as from a fluid; bloated: a turgid bladder; turgid veins. Are you talking about dicks? Cause I don't thinks thats right. Oh I get it! Its some kind of metaphor. Television is for Dicks! Yeah, watch TV and your a dick! Dick! Dick Nixon! Don't you think Hillary is the Dick Nixon of the 21st Century?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: and14263

So if you watch TV on your laptop/tablet, it's okay?

That's a good point, I don't even bother connecting my television to actual TV.

I just have my laptop connected to the television. Then just put the VLC player on random to play all my favourite drama's, sitcoms, movies and documentaries, well I just usually read though ATS (or whatever). Then occasionally I'll just watch some documentaries on youtube.

I got like at least 50 drama shows, 50 sitcoms and hundreds of movies that just randomly continually play off my hard drive.

When it comes to sitcoms, extremely stupid and totally inappropriate are my favourite, like 'always sunny in Philadelphia', 'Workaholics' or even the 'Family guy'. I know the Family guy probably lowers your IQ, but they constantly crack jokes where you think to yourself... "dude, its totally inappropriate to say some s# like that".... lol, I love it.

When it comes to drama shows, 'Breaking Bad' was obviously the best one to ever be created, but also 'Soprano's' & 'The Wire' would be the 2nd and 3rd best.

But, I consider shows like 'Eastbound and Down', 'Weeds' and 'Silicon Valley' as dramas. Since even though they're only half hour shows and have a comedy aspect, they're a continuation of each episode, rather than just a new story every week.

Anyway... when I consider whether life's even worth living, the thought of being around to check out how season 3 of silicon Valley plays out, has a huge influence on me considering life being worth hanging around for.

So screw anyone who thinks its a waste of time.

Its a true art form that gives people something to look forward to, in a truly meaningless & relentless existence.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join