It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What hasn't been done and are there any visionaries left?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have been sitting here wondering about tech and what is to come. I can't think of any true visionaries left in the world of tech. Some would say Steve Jobs was, but all he did was take an existing tech and make it mainstream and add more features to a pre-existing model.

Is there anything left to invent? Is there anything left to figure out?

I am sure there are numerous people around the world that try as hard as they can to come up with the next big thing, but what is the next big thing? How can it be harnessed and used to advance our lives? Will tech continue to dominate our lives to the point that there is no longer face to face, actual human interaction? Is that the road we are headed down?

Tech has gotten smaller and smaller, as far as the internal parts, but the reach has gotten larger. What is the next step in this evolution of tech? Is it bio-tech, actually connected and a part of our biological selves? Is it AI, surrounding us in our environment? Is it something we can see or feel or hear, or is it something like a new sense? Is the next step to make tech our 6th-10th senses? Is there even a way to do that?

I wrack my brain every day trying to think of what the future looks like and it seems to me that all we have left are advances of existing tech....does that mean we are on a downward spiral? Are we doomed to essentially wipe our own existence out?

How can we advance tech to enhance out senses and continue our existence in a manner that may seem unattainable to us right now?

Anywho...just some thoughts I have been having lately. Think Tank brain is in full force....

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The true visionaries of the future will be exclusively in the medical field.

And it will be AI.

Steve Jobs was no visionary, thats for sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

virtual reality and A.I they are the next big steps in human technological evolution
as for visionaries, well there is 7 billion people in the world.
edit on 3 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Of course there is. But the way it works is a new main stream technology comes out, like say the Google car gets to that point and robotics are emerging, and then someone will come along and invent something seen as a need because of these and so on. If the Google car comes out and you no longer need to drive, how long before someone invents a strip or something that attaches to the side of the windshield and turns it into a full length tv screen, or even imax type screen and it becomes something we can't live without? Robotics offers numerous possibilities even if only the types of robots.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
are you asking if there are any Edisons, Marconi's, or tesla types around?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Augmented reality will be the wave of the future, we'll be working inside augmented reality due to the ability to combine work and information in one place and couple all that with the remote mobility of a mech suit, then maybe those coral reef starfish killing robots can be manned by a augmented reality pilot.

Only big issue is power, amazingly enough, we could use kinetic power strips in the streets and sidewalks, not to mention even harness power from most electronics with motors in them via vibrational / magnetics resonating.

As for Visionaries, that's a money issue, and a fickle on at that. Many visionaries visualize their ideas due to the inability to use what's already available due to money or the concept not being reality yet. Many times once they make any kind of money the idea motivation is somewhat decreased and things tend to slow down or get more complicated than they need too and take up far too much time.

Make man want and man dreams, give man what they want and watch man get lazy.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think quantum computing is the next thing on the horizon. It needs to be perfected before an efficient Artificial intelligence can be modeled.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

kinetic energy in not a bad idea, possibly combining gyms with power generation could work i mean people could work out, stay fit and generate energy. good for the environment too

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What's left to do??? Save and restore the forests, seas, and prairies, and all the life therein. That, and the total immersion reality surface suit, with accessories!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ozsheeple

I didn't come up with the idea, but have loved it ever since I learned about it and even adapted a conceptual model for robots to use ( bi-petal robots maybe 4 legged friends too ).

Here is a site about some of the tech I learned about, they used them in marathons and I'll have to do some digging but thought there were in a city's sidewalks somewhere.

Kinetic Energy Panels

City Sidewalk kinetic energy titles
edit on 3-9-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: Explosions! BOOM!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

New materials for building. And a new type of propulsion would be some fields to keep your eyes on as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I think quantum computing is the next thing on the horizon. It needs to be perfected before an efficient Artificial intelligence can be modeled.

I agree....

not only AI but mind to mind communication and things not even dreamed up yet. It will look paranormal....

edit on 3-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

cheers mate

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Lots of stuff going on. Some will get somewhere and other's won't.

Elon Musk is the visionary of our life time. He's already got Hyperloop funding. Tesla cars keep getting better and now others are copying. He's got electric charging stations popping up everywhere. The Mega/Giga factory making batteries. Solar City, Pay Pal. SpaceX....All of those companies keep inovating and trying new things. The Tesla power wall....He's only getting started.

It's all going to be connected...AI research into apple, google Tesla cars and other makers that we haven't heard of yet. Robots are going to be using the Tesla Charging stations or a copy of them. We'll be sending robots up to the moon and mars with SpaceX.

It's all connected. I use Tesla in that last paragraph as an example. Innovation in one area leads to inovation in another area. The only thing keeping us back are those that are anti science. Lot's of those people these days.
edit on 3-9-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Smart drugs will be developed but only the elite will have access to them. They will view the rest of humanity as mere animals. Kinda like they do now but much worse.

They will think of themselves as GODS.

edit on 3-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I want the O.A.S.I.S from Ready Player One....

It's 2015 and the best we have is strapping smart phones to our faces. Occulus has been in "development" forever, and it keeps getting delayed. It's like they don't WANT to produce it. VR headsets are seeming more and more like vaporware.

I want headsets that beam the images directly onto my retinas. None of this augmented crap, I want full virtual reality.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
1. Build a giant global circulatory system for water and natural gas. Take advantage of the climate shift to collect some of the glacial meltwater in Greenland and Antarctica. Use solar and/or geothermal energy to keep the water sterile and pure. Irrigate the deserts without draining the natural water table (as in Southwestern US.) As for natural gas, energy companies could be collecting some of those Arctic Fart Bubbles® the earth is giving away for free (and in lethal amounts) instead of fracking for it. Just Sayin'.

2. ???

3. Prosper

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Is there anything left to invent? Is there anything left to figure out?

Innovation in America is dying.
Not because people don't have 10 great ideas a day.
But because people don't trust the system not to steal it from them if they try.

For example: the guy who invented sliced bread died broke.
Otto Rohwedder.

He did everything right.
    He developed the technology himself.
    He got patents for his new machine.
    He invested.

But no one bought it.

"For fifteen years, no one bought it, no one knew about it, it was a complete and total failure." -Seth Godin [ timestop 0:50 - 1:23 ]

Only after a large corporation could 'own' his patents
was a major marketing campaign started up that made
the saying "As easy as sliced bread" a household phrase.

Innovation in America is dying.
Not because people don't have 10 great ideas a day.
But because people don't trust the system not to steal it from them if they try.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Room temperature superconductors would completely change the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Of course there is. But the way it works is a new main stream technology comes out, like say the Google car gets to that point and robotics are emerging, and then someone will come along and invent something seen as a need because of these and so on. If the Google car comes out and you no longer need to drive, how long before someone invents a strip or something that attaches to the side of the windshield and turns it into a full length tv screen, or even imax type screen and it becomes something we can't live without? Robotics offers numerous possibilities even if only the types of robots.

Ok...so I am going through this post linearly. This is a great resonate and I am killing the imagery in my head right now.

One of my biggest Customers was a company that rhymes with frugal...and it was specifically two of the robotics companies they acquired.

The names were Bot n Dolly and Autofuss....

Look them up...they were one(2) of the 8 robotics companies "frugal" purchased in the last couple years.

My point is that "frugal" is going to own the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join