It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurdling Into Heaven

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: starborn
a reply to: Trachel

Another excellent post. But I wouldn't expect less.

Thanks!!

But I think tons of people (myself included
) would disagree that they're all excellent.

It's funny, that--seeing what resonates and what flies wide the mark. Sometimes I'll be sharing something that I consider a real gem of wisdom, some revelation that took me years to reach, and it'll fall flat on its face and most people ignore/dismiss it. For instance, I personally think Create Something should've been better received, since that's a massive lesson that impacts us all.

Other times I'll share something personal that I think will touch hearts and spark conversation, then it doesn't really go anywhere at all. One Day Closer Until Christmas is probably my best example of that.

But it's always fun making threads and sharing my ideas, and I don't really care which of them stick and which of them miss. As long as someone out there benefits and gets a little entertainment value or maybe even a good idea from what I write, I consider it time well spent.

Cheers!

edit on 4-9-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: starborn
a reply to: randyvs

That's the thing, going to heaven is when your spirit is washed clean and has become an acceptable companion for the Divine. You literally merge with the source and become one again with the Creatrix, your true home!

First part, agree 100%. Going to heaven is for those with spirits clean enough that they can stand (relatively) close to divinity.

Second part, disagree 100%. In heaven I believe you'll keep your own independent spirit and receive your own perfected body, and can there enjoy yourself in the (ethical, moral, clean) manner in which you see fit. To me it wouldn't be much of a paradise if I got assimilated in full and lost my individuality.

You sir, are polarizing.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Heaven is not somewhere or some when else. That which believes that there is other than what there is will be seeking for something (heaven as a concept).
Heaven is right here and right now without the belief in 'other'.

Until 'what there actually IS' is recognized there will appear to be a person who seeks for other - it is this assumed separate person who makes life hellish.

I believe heaven is the highest most perfected dimensional sphere one can reach. It therefore is another place separate from right here right now, and while we can bring parts and pieces of heaven into this realm by manifesting selfless love and compassion and joy and empathy, while we can channel those energies through ourselves into this physical realm, it pales in comparison to the actual thing.

Kind of like the difference between seeing a painting of a mountain and standing on the actual slopes. One inundates you in the environment--the other just gives you a conception of what being there might be like.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The glory of God is ever present but there may appear to be someone seeking in time for something.
Satan is cast outside of presence/heaven.

Who is it that lives in time?

edit on 4-9-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

And if forcing the self to do this on a daily basis we go insane, then what?

Sincerely asking this.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
'Manifesting selfless love'.
What is arising as the present is selfless love - but there definitely appears to be a 'you' here seeking for heaven. So that is not selfless is it?
You have said that it is 'you that wants to be in heaven - 'you' want to achieve heaven. That 'you' makes this selfless love be full of self - which is the conflict.
What is happening is happening in heaven - all is done on earth as it is in heaven.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk

And if forcing the self to do this on a daily basis we go insane, then what?

Sincerely asking this.

For sure, you need limit your progress to the amount of change the mind can reasonably handle. Don't ever force yourself to do so much mental reprogramming you reach your stress limits and go insane.

Believe me, I know exactly what you mean. Some days when you're drained and stressed and overworked it becomes very difficult to override your mind and repress its tendencies towards expressing more negative emotions.

But with constant time and patience and persistence, working at reshaping your behaviors day by day, anyone can reshape the mind into a (near) perfect form. Think of it like the process of chipping away at a slab of marble to uncover the sculpture lurking inside.

With each strike of the chisel you knock away a little more unwanted stone, and come that much closer towards revealing the true beauty within. It's the same deal with etching away unwanted behaviors and remaking the mind.

Have a great day!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So there essentially have to be tiers and levels where spirits of varying degrees of development can wait between lives.

Exactly. I was hoping in the OP when you said "you know where this is going" that you were going to point out the obvious - we reincarnate here in different bodies and different circumstances based on our past performace and weaknesses/mistakes.

Eventually we will all achieve the end-goal. Reunion with the Divine.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Exactly. I was hoping in the OP when you said "you know where this is going" that you were going to point out the obvious - we reincarnate here in different bodies and different circumstances based on our past performace and weaknesses/mistakes.

Eventually we will all achieve the end-goal. Reunion with the Divine.

Thanks for pointing that out for me!

Karma is real and the lives we receive (and the events occurring within them) incorporate whether we've got a net positive or negative karmic balance on our celestial scorecard.

And exactly--eventually we will all reunite with divinity in heaven, but I don't think it's an assimilation that'll transpire. I believe it'll be more like a mutual recognition of awesomeness where God says "You're finally done improving... you're absolutely perfect and can't get any more awesome."

Then you said, "Thanks, God! You're pretty awesome too for giving me this amazing opportunity to learn and grow."

Then you both go your separate ways and continue enjoying that paradise realm He created for everyone that finishes the work. And you keep on enjoying all it can offer from now until eternity.

Pretty sweet ending to the story, IMO. It's far better than an ominous "to be continued...."

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

originally posted by: schuyler
How do you know all this?

Also, I did say in the beginning we'd be making some assumptions. So going forward with willing suspension of disbelief, play it super safe and assume there's a heaven you can reach--and assume you'll need be pretty perfect to reach it.

That way you'll never end up disappointed.

Sounds very much like the religion founded by Justin Case. He postulated that we don;t really know whether there is Heaven and Hell or whether there is a judgment day, and if there is not, then none of this religion is necessary nor important. But if there is the slimmest chance that it actually IS true, we should act as if we believe it, just in case.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sounds very much like the religion founded by Justin Case. He postulated that we don;t really know whether there is Heaven and Hell or whether there is a judgment day, and if there is not, then none of this religion is necessary nor important. But if there is the slimmest chance that it actually IS true, we should act as if we believe it, just in case.

Maybe, but I'm not looking to start a religion. I sold all my hemp robes and shaved off my Jesus-beard a long time ago.

Now I'm way more interested in getting people to think about these things for themselves.

And I don't charge for any of my thoughts unless they're bound in paperback or hardcover.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yes I agree that souls are not in equal development stage as the goal of the soul is to become one with the source of everything and taking into consideration the immortality of the soul it takes many, many lives to achieve the perfection needed.

But because we are part of the source of everything once we shed our human body we are as perfect as we can be in our individual development stage along with other souls of the same stage of that development.

When you talk about past lives regression we do carry memories from past lives that affect the lives we live in the present, is many stories that corroborate this phenomena and books have been written by experts in the subject of incredible personal experiences.

I love researching on this subject myself due to experiences I had and still have once in a while.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Is there a warrior's after life?
I quite often hear about pretty houses.landscapes and skies.
I want to fight evil...I think I've been at it for a while but I SURE am not psychic THEY tend to be disturbed by my nature.
Warriors aren't mentioned in ANY of the asscention ideas or only that war is an Earth only madness(I know THAT isn't true)
So what's the story there?
edit on 4-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Now I'm way more interested in getting people to think about these things for themselves.

The problem here, as I see it, is that you just have some ideas with no support to back them up. So what makes you think you are in a position to "get" other people to "think for themselves" which is a kind of generic statement not apropos to anything particular anyway. You're acting as if you are in a superior position vis-a-vis your understanding of the issues, which really seem very superficial. You've decided this is the way Reality Works, and you're pontificating about it. None of it is new and all of it has been dealt with in a much more logical, detailed, and documented way than this here.

You have a right to your opinion and all that, but no one is going to suddenly become enlightened by reading this stuff. If you actually think so, you are fooling yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

In the after life encounters that many people experience during after life death or in between lives regression, they say that once the soul leaves the body and is not longer bind by the earthy brain, is no such thing and evil or any of the things that only as humans we believe in

Is not need for evil thinking because souls are bind in harmony, that is why most people only see nothing but beauty.

Sometimes a soul that does evil in his human live may encounter the vision of the hell they believe they will be in because bad deeds, but once the human thoughts of guilt are shed these souls are helped to get whole again.

In hundreds of thousands, of in between lives regressions only a few people encounter a vision of a hell or purgatory that is only short lived, before they reunite with their guides and are made whole again.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Then you both go your separate ways and continue enjoying that paradise realm He created for everyone that finishes the work. And you keep on enjoying all it can offer from now until eternity.

Yes.

Pretty sweet ending to the story, IMO. It's far better than an ominous "to be continued...."

....."but you're going to hell" ............. Not a message that should be conveyed to people trying their best.
I believe, with all myself (whatever that is), that everyone is actually doing their best, all the time.

I see souls/people who are floundering, who are behaving in an atrocious manner, or a self-destructive manner as people who are suffering. They are STILL doing the best that they can do. And when we see that it's counter-productive, and are able to talk to that person/soul, it offers them some comfort.

To help them....help them to understand 'why' they are compelled to do whatever it is that is drowning them.

Anyway. Sorry for rambling.

I hear you. S and F.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The only thing, though - is.......
I believe in enjoying life as much as possible. I noticed you 'handed someone a beer'. That helped me relax a little. I was hesitant about whether to pay attention or not ----- because the "always do what's right and suppress stuff like dancing and music and beer and herbs" is so prevalent.

I don't think there is anything "wrong" with enjoying our bodies and our lives and the things that make Earthly existence more enjoyable and tolerable.

Like Ben Franklin said:

"Good wine (or beer) is consistent proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." (paraphrasing)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So there is NO negativity in the Atheyrs?

I know otherwise.
THERE are NO "guardian" elements our spirits can join then.
OR a place where we are sent to OUR percieved reward?
I 'm not talking debauchery and hedonism ,I 'm talking about a tasking or calling.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You have a right to your opinion and all that, but no one is going to suddenly become enlightened by reading this stuff. If you actually think so, you are fooling yourself.

I think all we can say for certain is you've decided to avoid becoming enlightened by reading this stuff.

Others I hope will take some of these ideas to heart and hopefully benefit from them.

In time you might even revisit them and decide they hold more merit than you originally thought.

Who knows? But thanks for reading and sharing your view!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

First part, agree 100%. Going to heaven is for those with spirits clean enough that they can stand (relatively) close to divinity.

Second part, disagree 100%. In heaven I believe you'll keep your own independent spirit and receive your own perfected body, and can there enjoy yourself in the (ethical, moral, clean) manner in which you see fit. To me it wouldn't be much of a paradise if I got assimilated in full and lost my individuality.

You sir, are polarizing.

That's correct, you will have the choice as to whether you will merge with the Divine source or stay as a separate individual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join