It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurdling Into Heaven

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
At the end of this life your spirit lives on.

And where it transmigrates depends upon the quality of its development.

There are many, many, many afterlives. But one remains sought after above all others.

Assume there is a heaven. Assume there exists a perfect paradise filled with endless pleasures.

Now realize that ultimate reward, by its very nature, must be designed for only perfected and near-perfected souls.

Other realms in the afterlife are beautiful, other celestial spheres are filled with games and fun, but only heaven contains everything you'd ever desire. And it provides those rewards unto you for all of time.

This is the celestial equivalent of discovering there's a French Rivera or Swiss Alps--a realm of such breathtaking beauty and entertainment that once you know it exists you won't be entirely satisfied while anywhere else.

So of course you want a ticket there. But there's a couple of problems:

First, you need earn a ticket to heaven.

Finally, the prerequisites are unknown.

Think through those issues and you'll immediately realize where I'm going. Ponder it close and you'll see where we'll progress.

If life was a pole vaulting competition, the height you need surmount to reach that ultimate paradise remains unknown. But because it's the final hurdle, the ultimate accomplishment, you can safely guess that the heights you'll need clear to reach heaven are correspondingly high.

Only the most perfected souls reach that ultimate summit. Only the most sparkly spirits win a pass into that kingdom of the divine.

And while you're on earth, never will you get a scorecard or progress report letting you know whether you're on track to reach that summit.

Are you with me still? Then you know where this is headed.

Reaching heaven is the ultimate accomplishment and the noblest goal you can attain. But you need strive towards it blind.

So because you have zero idea what might ruin your chances of reaching that vaunted realm, never can you afford any lapses in judgement or character that might spoil your chances are entering those golden gates.

This isn't a scare tactic. This isn't an exercise in arm twisting and coercion.

This is a logical analysis predicated on irrefutable reality.

While incarnate on earth you're playing this game of life blind without any access to the moral rulebook. So that means there's zero way of knowing if you're on track to reach that final reward--unless you remain impeccably ethical in all things.

Only by holding yourself to the highest standards each and every day can you possibly guarantee yourself in that divine realm. Only by remaining perfectly moral in all things can you know for certain you'll have a fluffy cloud with your name written on it when you depart this life.

Because you don't know the standards it requires to reach heaven--but you do know this: they can't be impossible. They remain potentially achievable by every human being, because every spirit incarnate now will eventually evolve themselves until they reach those heights.

And that means something incredibly simple it should fill you with pure joy. You can reach heaven guaranteed in this lifetime if you simply follow one rule:

For every single thing you do, do that thing right.

That means no cheating, it means no slacking, it means no shirking of responsibilities or sliding into unethical behavior. It means holding yourself to the highest possible standard of conduct in everything you undertake.

That means being nice, being kind, being loving, being compassionate. It means developing yourself in novel ways and not wasting this opportunity to be alive.

Only by managing that--only by holding yourself to the highest standard--can you guarantee you'll surmount that blind hurdle and reach those purportedly pearly gates.

Hurdling into heaven is possible. People accomplish it every single day.

And so can you.

Just make every day perfect.

Just demand from yourself everything you can possibly give.

And if you accomplish that, there's no way the angels above would possibly keep you out.

Because if you're that determined to reach that world divine--if you're that willing to suffer the price it takes to perfect yourself in an imperfect realm--they won't just hold open the gates and grudgingly invite you inside.

They'll applaud en masse as they welcome you to your new eternal home.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
How do you know all this?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Do you have a name for this religion?

Scripture, or any documentation?

Was this all revealed only to you recently?

I've already messed up in huge ways, guess I can't go.

Or do I at least get to go to ghetto Heaven?

edit on Rpm90315v25201500000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Jesus told the murderer who was being crucified next to him that he would see him later that day in paradise heaven. Perhaps every human on Earth has already made the cut, and is entitled to enter the realm of heaven.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Jesus told the murderer who was being crucified next to him that he would see him later that day in paradise heaven. Perhaps every human on Earth has already made the cut, and is entitled to enter the realm of heaven.

But we don't know that for certain, so the safest bet is perfecting yourself in every way possible.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The spirit or soul always return to the source of everything, is not going around, for the soul that is and always be the true home, once it sheds its human perishable body, it will remember its true form and will go back to its home.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think the moral of the story (in my humble opinion) is mankind spends too much energy on the reward instead of the risk (if that makes sense).

Some will see things like this as an "oh crap, I haven't done enough". Others, like me, will call em out. Be good, be true, and if you are fortunate enough someday to meet a god face to face, tell him to piss off. Just like Adam. 😈

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
How do you know all this?

Fun answer: I'm super psychic!

Real answer: These are just fun metaphysical puzzles I think through when I'm bored. For serious, how would you arrange afterlives for spirits at varying stages of development?

I mean, I don't wanna live in a crackden next to thieves and murderers in real life, so I sure wouldn't want to wind up in the same afterlife as the spirits that did those things. So there essentially have to be tiers and levels where spirits of varying degrees of development can wait between lives.

Also, I did say in the beginning we'd be making some assumptions. So going forward with willing suspension of disbelief, play it super safe and assume there's a heaven you can reach--and assume you'll need be pretty perfect to reach it.

That way you'll never end up disappointed.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I don't comment much on your posts, I usually don't have anything to add.

I do star and flag most of your philosophical post though. Just wanted you to hear from a silent reader.

SnF

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I think you can still get to the real heaven if you resolve to do it right from this point forward and do your best to keep your pledge. People (myself included... often) mess up, and as long as you pick yourself back up and learn from your mistakes, I think you've still got a chance at getting the big prize.

As for where I get all this stuff, I'm Taoist/Buddhist and these are the things I think about instead of watching television.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I don't comment much on your posts, I usually don't have anything to add.

I do star and flag most of your philosophical post though. Just wanted you to hear from a silent reader.

SnF

Thanks as always, ISurrender.

And I think you've got a ton of worthwhile thoughts to add. Chime in, chime in!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have to say I wouldn't want to be 'perfect'

I feel like it's just synonymous with predictable. Boring and typecast.

I'll continue to make mistakes and cross the line. Sometimes you have to cross the line to remember where it is.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

As for where I get all this stuff, I'm Taoist/Buddhist and these are the things I think about instead of watching television.

SnF

However,
I think you've set your sites a bit to low if your goal is Heaven.
The goal as I see it should be God.
edit on Rpm90315v43201500000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

That is the beauty of been human we make mistakes, is in our human nature within the boundaries of the human brain to learn from mistakes to better ourselves as humans.

But when we shed that human body the soul is perfect, that is our true nature.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

SnF

Thank you, kind sir!

Hopefully be seeing you in heaven!

I've got a feeling you'll get there... only question is will I?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
seems theres been a significant group effort to get something out in the open about our reality or lack of it soon

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: corvuscorrax

That is the beauty of been human we make mistakes, is in our human nature within the boundaries of the human brain to learn from mistakes to better ourselves as humans.

But when we shed that human body the soul is perfect, that is our true nature.

Agree 100% with the first part--that's why we're here: to learn and grow from our mistakes.

I strongly question the second part--I don't believe all souls are of equal development (although they certainly have the potential to eventually reach equal states of perfection).

By that I mean, consider the life of someone determined and heroic in extraordinary ways like Michael Jordan was on the basketball court. Do you think you could put any spirit/soul in his body and life and achieve that amazing result?

I think if you went back in time and put a garden-variety couch potato slacker-soul into Michael Jordan's body from infancy and let that spirit live out his exact life with his exact opportunities, we'd never know who Michael Jordan was. He'd probably squander that vast potential and end up working a relatively mundane office job.

So yeah--I think the essential nature of our soul/spirits vary wildly. But I also believe we can all train ourselves and hone ourselves and perfect ourselves until we reach legendary status and attain a point where you could plug your spirit into any body and life situation and make it a success story of epic magnitudes.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

But we don't know that for certain, so the safest bet is perfecting yourself in every way possible.

Actually, until someone who is physically dead communicates what he/she is experiencing, none of us know for certain what lies ahead. All we can cite is our gut feeling, belief, or something we've read, or been told.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
seems theres been a significant group effort to get something out in the open about our reality or lack of it soon

There's a massive group effort within celestial spheres to upgrade earth to the next level of cosmic development.

I wrote about it in two threads called Earth--A World Going Dark and Celestial Avengers.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

Actually, until someone who is physically dead communicates what he/she is experiencing, none of us know for certain what lies ahead. All we can cite is our gut feeling, belief, or something we've read, or been told.

Agree, so like I said, the safest bet is perfecting yourself in every way possible--being as good as you can and keeping your fingers crossed that you clear the hurdle and earn the big reward.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join