It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child, 11, kills home invasion suspect in north St. Louis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
A bit mixed on this one. Good job on the brother, but why the heck were these children alone? 11 and 6, and home alone with a gun? Fabulous outcome, but I personally would NEVER leave children of that age home alone, let alone with a loaded gun within reach.

That's what's wrong today. People coddling their children.

There's nothing at all wrong with an 11 year old babysitting his 6 year old sibling.

I was staying home alone from the age of 8 on.

Yes there was a gun in the house, and yes I knew how to use it.

edit on 4-9-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
So should we just kill the people we have in prison?

All this cheering over a 20 year old dead.
Was he stupid for breaking in, sure. Did the 11 do what he felt he needed to sure.

Just all this "good another criminal dead" gets to me.
Not making this about the gun, just jubilee that the death of the guy breaking in.

Make a stupid choice, you pay a price. Sometimes with your life.

Am I happy he's dead?

If he DID in fact attempt a home invasion

YES! ABSOFREAKINLUTELY!!

Why? Because he's not going to be able to do that again. Rather than go to jail for a couple months, get a prison education, and come back a smarter criminal. Or, not get caught and continue on his thieving way.

This one was a gamble he didn't win.
edit on 4-9-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Well the story certainly seemed clear-cut but now it's fishy as hell.

Yeah, this story is getting weird. Do we know who called the cops initially and alerted them? Was it the 11 year old? I mean, according to the statements, you have TWO neighbors who supposedly witnessed this kid pull out a gun and shoot an innocent person on his porch, but it doesn't sound like they called the cops? And they didn't think it was a good idea to call the cops when they saw an 11 year old running around outside "waving a gun"? Especially a kid who's a known troublemaker in the neighborhood? Strange stuff.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

ok in my last post i said i would keep up with the updates.
not much new other than the police report that the second suspect was 22 yrs old, and has been arrested for suspicion of burglary,and that they have id the dead one, and that according to evidence, he was shot inside the home.

According to police, Streeter’s body was found inside the home and evidence collected at the scene indicate that he was shot while inside.
Police ID 16-year-old fatally shot by 11-year-old Thursday afternoon

so it appears that we again have witnesses that may not have seen what they claim. and it could be that as
Answer said in this post, www.abovetopsecret.com..., that the neighbors

have an agenda against this family.

will up date when more become available.

edit on 4-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

the kids 11, it will probably will mess him up

Although I get that, being dead is kind of messed up, too.

Hats off to the mother for teaching junior how to employ a firearm to defend his life, his sister and his home.

No problems with that outcome, as being reported.
edit on 4-9-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
While it may be fine that a mother leaves an 11 yo at home alone to babysit.. it's NOT fine that there were two previous break-in attempts, and she STILL left them alone. Seriously.. would you do the same? You have two choices.. let your 11 yo use a gun to try to defend his younger sister.. or not put them in that situation. You'd choose the former? I sure as hell wouldn't.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

He obviously knew where the gun was and how to use it so that leads me to believe the mom was a pretty responsible gun owner and the kid was mature beyond his years.

How is the Mom a responsible gun owner when she leaves a loaded or easily loaded gun around for an 11 year old or even 4 year old to use and find? I'm glad the kid did what he did, but he really shouldn't have EVER been able to access that weapon in the first place.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

At 11 years of age, I could safely handle every firearm that we had. I also knew where the key was to access the gun cabinet that they were locked inside of. At 11 years of age, I also knew that if I got into that gun cabinet, I better have had a damned good reason or else I was getting my butt beat. At 12 years of age, I got into that gun cabinet and shot a rabid dog that posed a threat to my younger sister, while I was babysitting her and two other sisters.

Age isn't always an indicator of maturity and responsibility. I know several people under the age of 15 that I would trust with a loaded weapon, at the same time I know several people over the age of 30 that I wouldn't trust with a water pistol.

There is a lot of people spouting off about things that they have no information on. For all we know the gun may have been locked up unloaded and the 11 year old was taught how to load and fire it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

What about the 4 year old? It wasn't a responsible gun owner thing to do. We will see the details of this. More often than not, guns and youngsters in an urban setting rarely turn out good. Not a good combo.

Would you leave your 4 year old alone with the possibility of them firing your weapon?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Who knows what really went down... with decent forensics... they'll figure it out.

Remember all the people that said Officer Wilson gunned down Michael Brown, and they WITNESSED IT?

Weeks later I fumbled across a slew of shooting scene photos... that ANYONE who wanted to, could have looked at... lo and behold... I notice a police cruiser door with an "exit wound"... pointing at a downward angle. Interior photos, you can see where the bullet entered the door near where the door handle attached, on top... and some blood spatter around the handle.

Remember Wilson's original claim? That Brown moved up to the cruiser and reached in and grabbed for his weapon?

Anyway... what was "witnessed" in this shooting will depend, again, entirely on where loyalties align.
edit on 4-9-2015 by dasman888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

hate to keep on hounding on the point but here again in a report about three hours old from the smae source you and i both used we see this.

That evidence would contradict witness accounts from some neighbors who said Streeter was standing outside the front door when the child shot him once in the head.
Police: 11-year-old boy fatally shot teen inside St. Louis County home, evidence shows

so the police, using crime scene investigative techniques say that he was in the home, and that contradicts the witness.
waiting to hear the 22 yr old statement.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A 11 year old should in no way shape form or fashion be charged with taking care of a 4 yr old. Mom should be ashamed of her damn self. Lucky the two have not burnt the house down. There's a slew of things that could have gone wrong in this scenario. It will affect the kid probally the sister as well. Mom should be slapped....no excuse.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
One less dirtbag to feed turkey bacon to in his lifetime of prison time. Justice served. Culling the heard is good.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

the kids 11, it will probably will mess him up

Not if he is treated right. If he is assured he did nothing wrong and not guilt tripped by some anti gun asshole adult and told he is not in trouble and did the right thing, I bet he will be good.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Unless the 16 year old had some mental issues or went to the wrong house by mistake.
America really has some issues if you think you don't need some form of gun control.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Here is another:

On Tuesday, at approximately 4 AM, 25-year-old Leonard Demon Henry allegedly broke into the Oklahoma City mobile home of his ex-fiance Brandy Moreno and began stabbing her. The Oklahoman is reporting that Moreno’s 11-year-old daughter obtained her mother’s pistol and opened fire on Henry, shooting him twice and causing him to flee. According to KTUL, both Moreno and Henry are expected to recover from their injuries. Police are calling the shooting justified and are not expected to file charges against the victim’s daughter.

Link

So there is at least one other (and a girl to boot) young person of this exact age who knew what to do and how to do so responsibly.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: brew8537

America really has some issues if you think you don't need some form of gun control.

We have a ton of gun control.

The problem is, it's just about as effective as drug control.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
That's just such great news. Absolutely awesome.

That loser wont be robbing anyone else in the future. He wont progress to rape, extortion, murder or any other crime.

I just wish I had of been one of the neighbours so I could have shot the other crim that was with him.

Good on ya kid.

I'm glad he's dead, real glad.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join