It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child, 11, kills home invasion suspect in north St. Louis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I read the link, and that information was not on it last I checked.

I have now read the page again, and it seems to be more detailed and offering a different version of events. If those differing views are accurate, then my position, obviously, changes commensurate with that.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You were just the last poster TB . No offence meant mate .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Vector99

Surely the important issue is that this one could?

These things should be weighed against outcome, and against the capacity of those involved to deal with the circumstances prevailing. This child headshot an intruder. THIS child WAS capable. End of issue surely?

NO, NOT AT ALL. this will only open irresponsible parents to say well I thought my kid would do the same.

Kids are kids. Most parents would never let their kids see this situation. The ones that do brag that they are good parents. How the # are you a good parent if your kid shot someone? Even in self defense, how the # are you good? You weren't there and the kid had to learn through hard knocks shooting is the safe way. How is that good? A kid killed someone! Do you think that moment will EVER leave their mind?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

that whole link is redacted to me, and only gave me ads to click on

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I just checked my link and it seems to be working .?????????????????????

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
To all those who i said did not check the links .

Updated at 9:00 p.m. with details from witnesses in the neighborhood.

I will go sit in the corner now and eat some sort of nasty tasting pie .

To those of you using this child as the poster boy for guns , its still on .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

video is there for me, but the ENTIRE text is redacted. I clicked this link this
edit on 4-9-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I must have super link powers or something as your link worked for me lol .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Link works for me as well, but the entire text is redacted. Mind posting the text of that link if you don't mind?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

No offence taken... You had information, you shared it.

This is the way of things my friend.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Sure .

Updated at 9:00 p.m. with details from witnesses in the neighborhood.

ST. LOUIS COUNTY • Police believe an 11-year-old boy fatally shot a 16-year-old boy who was trying to break into the child’s house Thursday, but some in the neighborhood question the circumstances of the shooting.

At least two witnesses say the younger boy was the aggressor.

What appears clear is that 11-year-old shot the teen about 2:25 p.m., even as the shooter’s 4-year-old sister was inside the home in the 10700 block of Hallwood Drive.

A few hours later, St. Louis County police issued a statement describing the incident as a home invasion. The statement said another person had accompanied the 16-year-old who was killed.

“It’s troubling to say the least and shows that too many young people have access to handguns and the results are usually tragic,” Sgt. Brian Schellman said.

Schellman said police believe the two suspects had tried to break into the home in the Castle Point neighborhood in north St. Louis County several times Thursday.

Police said Thursday afternoon they believe the door to the home was unlocked, as there were no signs of forced entry.

Once the suspect got inside, Schellman said, the 11-year-old fired one shot and it struck the teenager in the head, fatally wounding him. His body was found in the front foyer of the home.

Schellman said the second suspect might have not have entered because the shot scared him away.

But that narrative doesn’t square with Donna Jackson, who lives across the street.

She said she saw the 11-year-old shoot the 16-year-old point-blank in the head as the two were talking on a half brick wall near the home’s front door. “It was not a break-in,” said Jackson, 45. “He shot him in the head.”

She said it was traumatic to see something like that. “There wasn’t a reason why it happened like it happened,” she said. “It was really sad.”

Another neighbor two doors down from the shooting offers a similar account.

Jazmyne Clark, 18, said the 11-year-old was on the front porch when he called to the 16-year-old to approach him. She said the teen might have been seeking to sell the younger child a cellphone. When the 16-year-old reached the front door, Clark said, the 11-year-old shot him, with the teen falling forward into the open front door.

“He was never in the house,” Clark said. “He wasn’t breaking in at all. He was just trying to sell him his phone.”

Clark said the 11-year-old had been in front of the house earlier in the day waving a gun around. She said that the boy had caused problems in the neighborhood before and that this kind of thing was bound to happen eventually.

Another neighbor, Anna Carvin, 25, said the 11-year-old had previously broke into her own home and stole cellphones.

Sharon Taylor, who lives next door to the shooting and says she is the cousin of the 11-year-old’s father, disputes the notion that the boy is a problem child. “He’s respectful,” Taylor said, “very respectful.”

Even so, she said, she doesn’t buy the home-invasion account.

“I don’t believe someone would come through the front door at this time of day,” Taylor said.

When told of the witness accounts from the neighborhood, Schellman, of the county police, stressed that the investigation was developing.

“Obviously the investigation is extremely early,” Schellman said. “Many, many interviews have to be conducted. We would urge more strongly than anything, that anyone up there who has pertinent information about the case, we have to hear from them.”

When asked if the police still stood by the home-invasion account, Schellman said: “Until we’ve talked to everybody, I don’t know if we can contradict or back off of that right now.”

Earlier, police said the person who accompanied the 16-year-old was in custody. Police said they were trying to determine why the young children had been left home alone with access to a gun.

The children’s mother told police she had purchased the gun for protection because the family had previous incidents of break-in attempts.

Crime-scene tape surrounded the home, a modest white wood and brick ranch, on Thursday afternoon.

Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story contained an incorrect age of the deceased suspect.

There you go .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Why couldn't the boy have just tazed him or shot him in the leg? Why was the boy even in his house with his little sister, couldn't he just have gone in a different room? Just because a young man commits a burglary doesn't mean he deserves to get shot. This entire "11 year old with a gun" system is discriminatory. 11 year olds need more training to know when to shoot and when not to shoot. They need more training to defuse situations. 11 year olds are pigs.

#Home invaders lives matter.
edit on 4-9-2015 by hammanderr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Seems 11 year olds may be murderers as well .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I see some thick irony on the first page, as the story developed into something completely different.
edit on 4-9-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I see some thick irony on the first page, as the story developed in to something completely different.

Dont you just love it .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
ok yep I'm going there. It's a black community, and there is no damn conclusive story on it. Thug life starts early nowadays, but hell #blacklivesmatter

This is simple, raise your kids in the ghetto as a ghetto mom and your 11 year-old will be ghetto and shoot people.

This story actually just made me sick to my stomach, i'm out on this.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I see some thick irony on the first page, as the story developed in to something completely different.

Dont you just love it .

Actually i hate it...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

This story actually just made me sick to my stomach, i'm out on this.

Dont you want to hang around and see the gun advocates squirm , well those on the first few pages anyway . If the witnesses are correct , and i must stress if , then this is the worst possible thing that could happen for them . From what i have seen this has gone beyond national news , and it all quite possibly paints this kid as a hero . Perhaps the witness reports are wrong . But , and a big but , if true this will die a rapid death . Nothing to see , move along . The issues surrounding why an 11 year old shot a sixteen year old will be swept under the carpet . For me colour does not come into it . The 18 year old texting her boyfriend is another example . Something is broken and it needs fixing .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Actually i hate it...

Yes well you are right . Geez i am on a roll , foot in mouth , i have perfected it .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Thug justice is still justice. I like guns. Just glorifying your thug 11 year old packing is not my pièce de ré·sis·tance.

I want the mom thrown in jail and the kids given a real education.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join