It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OT/NT/Quran/Hindu/Buddhist/Zoaster/Plato/Egypt & More. All Devine? Call me Crazy??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

What if it's just an Apple? Not really any farther or closer to the tree. Unless you want to perceive it that way? Far and close is only relative to far and close.

At least that is what I think you are saying?
edit on 3-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Isurrender73

You're crazy. In b4

I didn't learn virtue from any religion so that is proof that you don't need religion to have good morals. Therefor religion is not needed and can actually be a deterrent for learning how to be good to others. Religion teaches the old us and them. If you're not one of us then you're one of them. See how that works?

I agree philosophy, self reflection, whatever you want to call it that leads to Virtue is a very similar to Spiritual Enlightenment to those who are more agnostic or hold to natural causes.

I think Spiritual Enlightenment is the best, but I wouldn't be Spiritual if I didn't believe it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That depends, Trees can't really control where they drop there apples, that rot and drop their seeds, where the soils fertilized, enough space to get sunlight, and its own portion of water to become a sappling.

Or would the tree have the choice of casting it own shadow over its seeds?
edit on 3-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

You're crazy. In b4

I didn't learn virtue from any religion so that is proof that you don't need religion to have good morals. Therefor religion is not needed and can actually be a deterrent for learning how to be good to others. Religion teaches the old us and them. If you're not one of us then you're one of them. See how that works?

I agree philosophy, self reflection, whatever you want to call it that leads to Virtue is a very similar to Spiritual Enlightenment to those who are more agnostic or hold to natural causes.

I think Spiritual Enlightenment is the best, but I wouldn't be Spiritual if I didn't believe it.
You will have to define spiritual and then prove that it is real. Because there is no real life equivalent to anything like a spirit.

Why do people think they can just make # up?? All you ever talk about is # that you have never seen. You act like it's real but you never bother to prove anything you talk about. It's all bull# until you can prove it. Do you really not care about what can be empirically proven????
edit on 3-9-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

You're crazy. In b4

Maybe?

But do you have a better philosophy?
Be EXCELLENT to eachother!! Wild stallions!!

That's just less words.

Yea. And i didn't have to make up any fiction to get my point across.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

No because the philosophy of immortality makes more since than the philosophy of mortality to me.

Why does it bother you so much that I,believe in,the philosophy of Immortality? Have I told you what to believe? I just asked,questions?

No one has to agree with me. But no one has to agree with you either. My mind is my own and I will believe whatever dogma I like and accept that you have a different philosophy.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 3-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

If anyone could answer that question for another, I suppose we could all just stop asking questions.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

No because the philosophy of immortality makes more since than the philosophy of mortality to me.

Why does it bother you so much that I,believe in,the philosophy of Immortality? Have I told you what to believe? I just asked,questions?

No one has to agree with me. But no one has to agree with you either. My mind is my own and I will believe whatever dogma I like and accept that you have a different philosophy.

Yea. What good are facts? People should be able to make up any old thing. Why do we even need science? Or questions? I mean lets all just make # up. Lets all believe in # that hasn't been proven. Why not? Right?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Wtf is the philosophy of immortality? Did you just make this up too? You're on a roll.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

As long as it doesn't break the law or deny civil liberties than why not?

Coexist before we cease to exist?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Wtf is the philosophy of immortality? Did you just make this up too? You're on a roll.

Heaven, Hell, Hades. I don't believe I can take credit for making them up.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

When people stop making up BS to believe in, we will be so much better off. You really dont care about facts. That is clear. I would imagine all the people who believe in all of the dif crap they come up with, would have in some way tried to prove some of it. I mean at least tried. But that would require an actual education. Which would make you not believe in all of the BS that you are so fond of.

You think people should just leave you alone and let you believe in whatever fantasy you want? And you can't see that as a harmful thing to everybody else? You would let children in on these fantasies? Irrational fears and a disdain for good science? That is what you are spewing. That is what you are teaching people. I can't think of anything more harmful to a society than that. I will never let BS like yours slide by me without confronting it head on.

This site is about denying ignorance and digging for the facts. Not putting BS on a pedestal and worshipping it until you die of idiocracy.
edit on 4-9-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
••• UPDATE •••

The Tao Te Ching is to be changed. It is to now read: "The Tao that can be told OR Typed is NOT the Eternal Tao......"

That is all.

namaste

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

But you can't accept not asking the questions though?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

But science based spirituality where you seek the ultimate truth can be very limiting to some souls since it removes the subjective wants/faith and shows what your subjective awareness can understand objectively instead of what you crave.

It is very easy to want all text to be from the same source and have no "bull#" because then all the duality conflict is just humans not understanding the preachings.

Much harder to prove this is the experience you will have if you are a X soul at Y time doing Z action. Many souls do not want the big secrets like telepathy/synchronicity and healing explained scientifically, since it will dampen their creativity/fantasy on how it works.

Mysteries are interesting. Objective truth is boring and exact. You are a "boring hateful bigot" (this comment is meant for the author of this post/me) when everything have to be logical and all things have to be measured instead of glossing over details.

Even if I constantly show the opposite view to Isurrender73 and do not agree with his opinion. From my point of view: Isurrender73 heart is in right place and I think the motives are noble.

I think if all souls saw the religions like him then there could be harmony for all humans. Unfortunately he seem to be a minority.

Namaste
edit on 4-9-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

••• UPDATE •••

The Tao Te Ching is to be changed. It is to now read: "The Tao that can be told OR Typed is NOT the Eternal Tao......"

That is all.

namaste

A Tao joke.

If Tao equals the whole + time then:
You cannot describe everything "that is and will be" perfectly within the whole since you need more information space than there exist in the whole.

Very reasonable and true. Lol got an 11:11. In the ZONE it seems.

Namaste
edit on 4-9-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

••• UPDATE •••

That is all.

namaste

No one can teach you the Tao, but we can agree to some of it's parts.

Is the Tao Beautiful? It Must be.
Is the Tao Virtuous? It Must be.

What is Beautiful? You tell me?
What is Virtuous? You tell me?

I know what the Tao is to me, but I can't possibly tell you what the Tao is to you. But the greatest Philosophers always loved to debate it anyway.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

But you can't accept not asking the questions though?

We should always ask the questions and answer relative to our experiences.

I am one to believe the protecting shade and the power of light have a bit of their own freewill when it comes to seeds.

Some seeds fall on bad ground, but even bad ground can be terraformed. It just takes a little more work.
edit on 4-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

if you cant read it, you arent ready.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join