It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ATS Members Playing World of Warcraft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was wondering if any ATS members are into WoW (World of Warcraft). I've been playing it since the first day it came out and Im loving every minute of it. I have a couple of characters at the moment.

For those of you who have no idea what WoW is take a look at the official website:
World of Warcraft Official Website

My main characters are:

Ocelot - LV 34 Undead Warrior (Mannoroth server)
Corvus - LV 14 Night Elf Rogue (Lightning's Blade server)
Athan - LV 10 Night Elf Hunter (Lightning's Blade server)

So any other WoW players on ATS?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I've yet to buy it. mainly caused I was burned out on mmorpgs, but it's been awhile...

I played the beta of wow it was fun, but it looks a lil cartoony for me

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
my friend plays it...says its really good...just too lazy to download anything or play something right now (too busy with things) so I decided to just wait and see how many people I know will play it

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have it. Great Graphics, interface, sound, music... Great Game. The only thing I hate is the Monthly fee

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That montly fee is why my "friends" play it so much. The game is good, I can admit that. But becasue they pay they play it so much. They talk about it nonstop 24/7. They have huge fights over the game that in some cases got violent. It's like that game acts like there parallel life. They are on it of 8 HOURS A DAY MINIMUM! They hardly go to sleep anymore!

Im not getting it because it you have it here your automaticaly "one of them". It has many names here, like World of Nerdcraft, and Geek World.

I hope you people aren't like them, you ppl on ATS seem intellegent and mature enough not to be like them. You guys can play the game without stooping to their level.

[edit on 6/20/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yes, people do get addicted. I used to be addicted to FFXI. I started getting bad grades, I didn't do my homework, I was totally tuned out. I treated it as a parralel life. That's why I quit and got Warcraft. Warcraft is designed especially to apeal to those who do not have all day to play, making it easy to log in and out and ading a rest system, which gives you special rewards if you log off for a while. I am sad to hear that your friends have fallen into that, maybe you should consider talking to their parents or talking directly to them. Apart from that WoW is a great game (In moderation!) and I hope lot's of people enjoy it. And yes, we ATS people are smart and wise (for the most part...) so don't you worry .

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i had it for a while i just dont have the pc to run it.... i haev to delete all my other games tro run it ok. i was doing ok. a lvl 16 orc warrior. 12 troll mage. 7 night elf hunter all on dalaran server. i haev one of those friends... sad to say but he has a total of about 77 hours a week. isnt alot compared to others but half the time he tells me he isnt logged in to xfire so its more. he has a 54 rouge. he wants to sell it. i quit for now but i might go back. i play maybe 10 hours a week when i have it. somtimes a little more. nothing like my friend

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The game to me sounds like a computerized version of dugeons and dragons + Lord of the Rings. Two things Im not really a fan of. I know people that play it and they are obsessed to the max. The game looks good, but nah.

I am sad to hear that your friends have fallen into that, maybe you should consider talking to their parents or talking directly to them.

Bout that, they seem to be, alot older than you think they are. It's pretty pathetic if you think about it.

[edit on 6/24/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Bout that, they seem to be, alot older than you think they are. It's pretty pathetic if you think about it.

That's cuz they are Blizzard fans, they all fell into the trap with Starcraft or Diablow and they just migrated when they released a new game once every decade
(Rib on the slow pace of Blizzard dev cycle)

I play WoW allthough not that often, I share an account with my buddy so it's a good way for me to not get addicted. It's a great game IMHO, but there are just too many other games out right now that deserve my attention.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I used to play that before the Hunters and Pallys got Offensively nerfed. Currently looking forward to a game called spore.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You know, I had EQII and WoW in my hands at the same time, the week EQII came out, I think. I went with EQII. Now that is an awesome game that'll be around for years, but I may have made a bad decsion. WoW seems to have incredible staying power and user base. 2 million plus users probably aren't wrong.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just started playing 3 weeks ago.

"EasyCheese" LVL 26 Undead warrior - Aggramar.
"BizarroHesh" LVL 17 Tauren Hunter - Aggramar.
Guild - Syn

I hate serious Tolken esque names so EasyCheese it is. Also got a gnome named ShrinkyDink but I just can't bring myself to play Alliance scum.

Awesome game, addictive as hell. I have BF2 as well but I hardly play it. IT's nice being able to move at your own pace. Fight when you want, mess around when you want.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I play WoW, on Hyjal server

you can tell who I am because all my characters are named "Catfish" in some way or another...

sadly plain old "Catfish" was taken by some fiend.. no worries ill hunt him down and gut him soon.

SO my list is..

Catfizh- Level 36 elf hunter

Evilcatfish-level 20 human warlock

Khatfizh-I think its a level 10 human mage...

Katfish-level human pally

and on Doomhammer I have

Katfish.. level 18 undead warrior.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Here are the characters I have now:

Karsten - Lv.60 HUMAN Mage (Earthen Ring RP Server)
Catherina - Lv. 20 HUMAN Warlock (Earthen Ring RP Server)
Balin - Lv. 24 HUMAN Paladin (Earthen Ring RP Server)
Payton - Lv. 13 NIGHT ELF Hunter (Earthen Ring RP Server)
Ocelot - Lv. 41 UNDEAD Warrior (Mannoroth PVP Server)

If anyone from ATS wishes to join up and play you can send me an email in game.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Bloodscalp
deadkenedy-55 tauren warrior
koragala-25 orc shaman

wow is awsome one of the best games of alltime most probly 4 million users and counting and expasion comeing out sometime mid 2006 should be interesting

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Bleeding Hollow PvP Server
Helig (lvl 22 Human Pally) of Redemption

My only gripes with WoW are some of the BS tactics used by the other faction such as roof top camping (gets me every damn time in Lakeshire) or camping my corpse but thankfully the blizzard devs have fixed that with the honorless target bit that makes me worth nothing in honor when I come back to my body. It seems to me the human element is what give me negative experiences such as being ganked, lame people in groups/parties/guilds, or too many freaking people sitting on their butts in front of the Auction House and making it lag like a beast.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Bleeding Hollow PvP Server
Helig (lvl 22 Human Pally) of Redemption

My only gripes with WoW are some of the BS tactics used by the other faction such as roof top camping (gets me every damn time in Lakeshire) or camping my corpse but thankfully the blizzard devs have fixed that with the honorless target bit that makes me worth nothing in honor when I come back to my body. It seems to me the human element is what give me negative experiences such as being ganked, lame people in groups/parties/guilds, or too many freaking people sitting on their butts in front of the Auction House and making it lag like a beast.

I know what you mean about some players using dirty tactics against other players. It seems that some people take the game too seriously. Like everywhere in life you will find nice people and jackasses. That's life.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I play WoW...

Washburne- 28 Warrior (Argent Dawn RP server)
AMFMRadios- 27 Paladin (Boulderfist PVP)
WillGrimm- 17 Rouge (Thunderlord PVP)

All humans, btw.
Alliance FTW!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veltro
Just started playing 3 weeks ago.

"EasyCheese" LVL 26 Undead warrior - Aggramar.
"BizarroHesh" LVL 17 Tauren Hunter - Aggramar.
Guild - Syn

I hate serious Tolken esque names so EasyCheese it is. Also got a gnome named ShrinkyDink but I just can't bring myself to play Alliance scum.

Awesome game, addictive as hell. I have BF2 as well but I hardly play it. IT's nice being able to move at your own pace. Fight when you want, mess around when you want.

No way man. I played on Aggramar too. I had a level 60 gnome warlock and then a level 60 Orc Warlock. I quit playing though because at level 60 the game degenerates into massive unpersonal raiding. I liked to do the PvP stuff for a while too... But after a while those doing the raiding (which I found to boring to pay $15 a month for) started getting all the good gear and whooping me in battlegrounds.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i played it on my own haked lan server with friends, the game is really good, ill give them that much, but i aint paying a monthly fee for NO stinkin' game.

Besides, its a life sucker of a game, and i aint 14 no more :bash:

new topics

top topics

join