It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge rules in favor of Tom Brady in Deflategate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Judge rules in favor of Tom Brady in Deflategate

Judge rules in favor of Tom Brady in Deflategate; NFL appeals decision
espn.go.com...

Some key information that came from the hearings.
1. NFL admitted there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Tom Brady, and there was no evidence he was aware of any wrongdoing.
2. NFL admitted the hearing that led to his suspension was not fair, and put forth the argument that they are not obligated to provide Tom Brady with a fair hearing.
3. NFL admitted they withheld key witnesses from Tom Brady's defense team, and says they are not obligated to notify Brady, or allow Brady access to any witnesses that benefit his side.
4. NFL says they are under no obligation to provide Tom Brady with evidence of his innocence that they uncover during their investigations.
5. The Wells report was not fair and unbiased. It was unfair and biased.

Judge Berman chided Roger Goodell for dispensing "his own brand of industrial justice."

Berman cited "several significant legal deficiencies'' in the league's handling of the controversy, including no advanced notice of potential penalties, the refusal to produce a key witness and the apparent first-ever discipline of a player based on a finding of "general awareness'' of someone else's wrongdoing.

The league spent more than $3 million for its investigation by high-powered attorney Ted Wells

The league spent $3 million on a hit piece designed from the start to hurt Brady and the Patriots. Brady was innocent and only Patriots haters did not see it. Anyone who was against Brady in this needs to take a serious look at themselves.

And just to clarify the issue of the actual footballs. EVERY football the league tested was within league parameters once the weather is accounted for. Only ONE football was outside of parameters, and that is the football the colts admit they had in their possession and admit their equipment manager "tested". If anyone thinks that is a mere coincidence I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

1. Colts emails show they were trying to get the Patriots in trouble.
2. Colts' player who intercepted the ball says the ball did not feel underinflated when he caught it and it felt fine to him.
3. Every football other than the one the Colts tampered with were roughly the same PSI as the Colts' balls (3 of which were also underinflated when tested).
edit on 3-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Why are tax payer dollars being wasted on something so stupid? He was suspended for a few games not the whole season. So he would just warm the bench and lose no pay boo hoo.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sorry, already posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Why are tax payer dollars being wasted on something so stupid? He was suspended for a few games not the whole season. So he would just warm the bench and lose no pay boo hoo.

I agree, why is the NFL pushing this so hard, wasting Tax dollars, when they are obviously in the wrong. They are going to appeal the ruling, wasting more tax dollars.

Suspended for 4 games is the difference between not making the playoffs and being superbowl champs. You are obviously clueless about football.

Let me put it this way. You go to work. They make up a false story about you stealing items from work, and suspend you without pay for 3 months. Are you going to tell me you just accept it?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Every football other than the one the Colts tampered with were roughly the same PSI as the Colts' balls

Not true and can you show the colts further tampered with it?

The balls were under inflated, Brady knew about it but no direct evidence.
But ask any QB and they will tell you those balls don't get touched after the QB ok's them.

Suspension not warranted but lets not act like brady didn't have knowledge.
www.si.com...

"Several" other balls were found to be roughly one pound under-inflated, and "several more" were either right at, or barely beneath, the correct inflation mark.

edit on rdThu, 03 Sep 2015 18:13:19 -0500America/Chicago920151980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I did a search did not see it, I will add my post there, even though my post is much better!
edit on 3-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Not true and can you show the colts further tampered with it?

Colts admit they "tested" the ball.

The balls were under inflated, Brady knew about it but no direct evidence.
But ask any QB and they will tell you those balls don't get touched after the QB ok's them.

Why did the Colts' QB not know?

the air pressure readings from one of the two gauges showed that three of the four Colts balls tested under 12.5 PSI

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...

Suspension not warranted but lets not act like brady didn't have knowledge.
www.si.com...

"Several" other balls were found to be roughly one pound under-inflated, and "several more" were either right at, or barely beneath, the correct inflation mark.

Care to look up the effect of cold weather on footballs (or tires, or anything else that is inflated)

Colts' balls were also underinflated, that's what cold weather does. EVERY football except the one the Colts had in their possession was within normal parameters once weather is accounted for.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

you lost me
Every Football
then
only ONE football

ha

is this really happening?
i mean there has been a court case about the inflation of a football?
bwuahahahahahahahahahahahah

dumbest thing to go to court about ever

edit on 3-9-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Yes. The NFL originally said 11 balls were underinflated by 2PSI.
They then admitted they lied and only one ball was. That means 10 balls were within regulation once weather is accounted for. Only 1 ball is underinflated and it's the ball the Colts had in their possession.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

They then admitted they lied and only one ball was. That means 10 balls were within regulation once weather is accounted for. Only 1 ball is underinflated and it's the ball the Colts had in their possession.

oh.
well in that case lets take it to the supreme court

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

They spent 10 million dollars on this BS and it is still not over, what a complete waste of money, I know some refugees that could have used that money. These idiots should be ashamed of themselves, all of them, vindicated my butt, all it proves is if you throw enough money eventually some of it will stick to the BS.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

oh.
well in that case lets take it to the supreme court

Your boss said other employees were possibly stealing, and they feel you were aware of it, so they suspend you without pay for 3 months.

Are you going to sue them, or are you sitting home without being paid for 3 months and just accept it?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

They can print more, its fiat, NBD.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

They spent 10 million dollars on this BS and it is still not over, what a complete waste of money, I know some refugees that could have used that money. These idiots should be ashamed of themselves, all of them, vindicated my butt, all it proves is if you throw enough money eventually some of it will stick to the BS.

How do you come to those conclusions when the NFL admitted there was no evidence against Brady and admitted they had no intention of ever giving him a fair hearing because they don't have to?

How is that not vindicated?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

depends.
am i a multi millionare that does not need to work another moment in my life?

yes?
sit home and accept it. never work again.
next

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Even if people at your work/random every day people were calling you a thief/liar/corrupt and you had multiple news stories spreading lies about what happened? What if you're reputation and all of your prior work was also trashed/called into question?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

depends.

yes?
next

So you have less money so your rights are more important. It's nice to see you are just as bad as those you dislike. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

"I hate how he uses money to justify his rights are more important". "My rights are more important because of money".

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

How could the NFL with all their resources run such a horrible sting operation? The crazy thing is the NFL even filed the case in a state that gave them a much better chance to win and they still couldn't even win. It sucks for Brady that the media reported a false leaked story from the NFL that 11 of the 12 footballs were 2 pounds PSI under NFL regulation and that those numbers went on for quite some time before it was finally debunked (I think it took close to a month before the first story showing those numbers to be wrong).

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

depends.

yes?
next

Love the hypocrisy. You are not poor so you have no rights. If someone makes an accusation against you then just accept it because you are rich.

Olympic Gold medalist, if you are accused of doping with NO EVIDENCE, surrender all your gold medals now and forget the next Olympics, because there are homeless people.

I am thoroughly disgusted.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

Because Goodell thinks he can do whatever he wants, and he believed that people would buy any negative story against the Patriots because of jealousy. He was right about #2. With zero evidence and admitted lies much of the country still sides with Goodell, whom they hate on every other issue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join