It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divide-and-Conquer: Fighting THEM, not US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm a bit stunned at some of the vitriol spewing from the Posse Comitatus forum. Bringing civil level-headed discussion there, may be the best place for us to start.

Looking at Britain's involvement in slavery and its abolition, it looks to me like it was weakened by economic and social shifts. When Britain pulled out of the slave trade America was already dominating it. Then a lot of African labor was replaced with Indian labor. Gandhi then managed one of the few successful nonviolent revolutions by the population to end his people's subjugation.

Any way, I saw this video on another thread and thought it was relevant to this one. The conclusions met at the end are hard to escape. Before going into civil disobedience or worse, I think we need to use the First Amendment to its fullest while we can. There's a lot of passion that could be put to good use. I think that passion should be encouraged, to seek a solution. Mob violence, bombing abortion clinics, police brutality etc... are not solutions. Anyone who practices or advocates such things will inevitably hurt their own cause. The best thing to discourage hostility is to listen first and try understanding what you hear. If you don't do that first, you'll only cause more trouble by responding with ignorance.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I guess I would just really need to surgically define WHY these cops are going off.
You can't FUNCTION as a nation without them,but CORRUPTION is all the way to the TOP in this country.I really felt bad about Russia being overrun by criminals who tore their country apart ,NOW we find out WE have been in the same boat since WWII!
I was repub until Bush Jr. showed then I went Independent(Non afilliated) I kinda LIKE the idea it makes the parties sweat how I'll vote.
But attacking WHITE people for bad cops or demanding the AMERICAN system be taken down is terrorism via institutionalized HATE CRIME and I'll kill over it if it hits me or mine.
WE DON'T need this,any of it but MONEY holds the puppet strings.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Boadicea

I guess I would just really need to surgically define WHY these cops are going off.... But attacking WHITE people for bad cops or demanding the AMERICAN system be taken down is terrorism via institutionalized HATE CRIME...

Good for you for looking for the back story.... we cannot understand the problem -- and much less the solution -- if we do not understand the whys and wherefores. And kudos for saying "these" cops instead of blaming all cops or just dismissing the bad behavior of the few. I would add that it's also important to look for other driving forces.

For example, how much of the out-of-control behavior is directly rooted in police training tactics? From over-aggressive tactics to "guilty until proven innocent" to policing for profit and so on? How much of the so-called "anti-police" sentiment is directly rooted in political and social manipulation and misrepresentation of the truth? How much of the violence and poverty in the highest crime neighborhoods are directly rooted in mental and emotional impairment due to substandard schools, broken families, malnutrition, lead poisoning (as in Baltimore), perhaps even increased autism from vaccines (as claimed by at least two researchers)? And how many threats of violence are from agent provacateurs so to speak, just looking to incite others to violence?

I am disappointed by how often we are so quick to point fingers of blame at felllow Americans, but so slow to assume responsibility for finding real solutions.

...and I'll kill over it if it hits me or mine.

We have to. There is no virtue in letting evil flourish. But let's hope it doesn't come to that.

You can't FUNCTION as a nation without them, but CORRUPTION is all the way to the TOP in this country.I really felt bad about Russia being overrun by criminals who tore their country apart ,NOW we find out WE have been in the same boat since WWII!
I was repub until Bush Jr. showed then I went Independent(Non afilliated) I kinda LIKE the idea it makes the parties sweat how I'll vote.

Bush was quite an eye opener -- and we were already disillusioned by it all!!!

WE DON'T need this ,any of it but MONEY holds the puppet strings.

Yup. We've become a nation of debtors and gamblers fighting for the scraps they throw our way... while they laugh all the way to the bank.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join