It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be ashamed? Why, yes, yes we should.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by Soloprotocol removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Really ATS...My pic of the Dead Kid is removed and i get a Warning yet the link to the dead kid in a man's arm remains in the OP.

No Dead kids where harmed in the making of this post.What are we so scared of...THE TRUTH..??.unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yeah typical no substance SNPesque lame soundbites, you don't surprise me Solo.
Present a sourced or reasoned argument and we may find mature discussion, but you don't appear to wish for reasoned discussion, just childlike infopics as usual? Lame.

What's your problem with me or the SNP. Well know yer a racist bigot. You have shown that to be countless times in any thread about migration or Scotland. You seem to forget each and everyone of us are migrants...

The cradle of Humankind is not little England.

And stop Trolling me ya weirdo.
How about stop bleating like a lost lamb on the hillside?
You are proactive in threads you feel are important to you and so am I.
Do you want the monopoly on debate or something?

...sounds like whinging to me lol x

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There are millions upon millions of people is bad situations, but they don't have good press. Wonder why...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StanFL

Missed this, otherwise I'd have responded before now...

Whatever support I ever had for the various wars the U.S. is involved in has long since passed, Stan. I watched a young man I'd known since he was a boy of about seven or eight, come home in a flag draped coffin from Afghanistan.

That's my particular cross to bear, and bear it I will.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StanFL

Good question. Why do you suppose?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'll take the time to answer that.

I used the least nasty (it's the only word I can think of...) picture I could find. Nor did I alter it in any way.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I'll take the time to answer that.

I used the least nasty (it's the only word I can think of...) picture I could find. Nor did I alter it in any way.

Same Kid, Different pose.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I'm poor so not really.

No, you're not.
If you're on the Internet complaining that you're poor, you're far, far richer than any of those people desperate for safety, and to claim your poverty excludes you from showing basic Humanity is a pathetically weak attempt to look the other way.

How can you type so easily with bloody hands?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Really ATS...My pic of the Dead Kid is removed and i get a Warning yet the link to the dead kid in a man's arm remains in the OP.

No Dead kids where harmed in the making of this post.What are we so scared of...THE TRUTH..??.unbelievable.

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: StanFL

There are millions upon millions of people is bad situations, but they don't have good press. Wonder why...

Speaking as an independent filmmaker, journalist, documentary, Even carrying a camera in a war torn country can get you killed by both sides. It takes money to travel and cover stories around the world. Foundations hesitate to give grants to journalist for fear of seeming political.....That leaves only the larger news agencies that are heavily controlled by their country of origin.

More people need to become citizen journalist; film with your smart phone, tablet, anything and put it on utube, or vimeo. Take control!
edit on 3-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I totally agree that we should all help genuine refugees, particularly so when our last Labour govt did all it could to destabilise the Middle East along with our partners in crime, the US.

However, my question, particularly in relation to the tragedy of the young children, who drowned en route from Turkey and the ongoing crisis in Hungary, is why don't these refugees stay in these safe countries? Why pay criminals thousands of pounds and risk their lives trying to get to Germany and the UK? Surely if they are fleeing Syria then the first safe country should be their destination. Okay I understand that these countries would quickly become overwhelmed and yes, at that point, distribution of refugees to other countries would be appropriate, but that's not what's happening.

Also some of the horrific pictures in Hungary, where young men (who seem to be in the majority) are actually pushing and shoving women and children out of the way so that they can board the trains...they're not exactly showing compassion for their weaker and most vulnerable from their own country are they?

So obviously I am concerned for the welfare of these people, but here in the UK there are approximately 184,000 homeless people, local authorities education departments are overwhelmed with many children having to go miles to school and be separated from siblings, the NHS is also buckling under the strain, many people have to wait up to 3 weeks for an appointment with a GP, so instead they all go to A&E, which then overstretches that service. So it's all very well saying we have lots of room here, yes maybe there is the physical land available, especially up here in Scotland, but we don't have the infrastructure to cope with hundreds of thousands, possibly even millions of refugees, we just cannot take in everyone who wants to be here and house, feed and clothe them, it's just not possible.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

www.theblaze.com...

YOU can do something... help rescue a family.

“With $25,000, we buy one family of five. That means with $1 million, we buy 40 families,” Beck said on his television program. “We need to raise a lot more than that, and I’d like to suggest this weekend that we raise $10 million to buy families.

And then as I’ve said before, we go down to the border if our government and our State Department won’t let these people in.” Beck has suggested flying the refugees to Mexico and then marching alongside them as they cross into the United States.

“We fly them into Mexico and we take them on that big, long bridge that you can walk across right now and say, ‘I’m somebody in trouble.’ And our Border Control can’t stop them,” Beck said. “But I doubt we’ll ever get to that bridge, because I think just the threat of walking families in will wake this country up.”

“I hoped that we would never come to a time like this, but we have,” Beck remarked. “There used to be two million Christians in Syria. There are 400,000 left. We now know we are facing the annihilation of Christians in the Middle East unless we stand.”

Beck prayed that the American people “will be able to not repeat the mistakes of World War II, where we turned Jews away and had them face their death at the gas chamber.”

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If the UK had opened its borders then the child would still be dead. They would have to cross the Med to get here.
The parents chose not to claim asylum in Turkey, a safe country which would have fed and clothed the child.
It was their choice as parents.
They #ed up in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

"Poor" is subjective, based on an individuals ability to provide items for himself in relation to the environment he lives in. By todays standards, I was poor as hell as a kid. But the standards of the time and place...we were average.

In other words: when everyone is 7 feet in height, having a 7 foot height doesn't make you "tall". But being 6.5 feet would make you short.

(post by Soloprotocol removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
And how much in aid money have we sent to those nations? What were we doing sending that money if it only led to this?

How many people are we expected to care for when can't even care for our own?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think we need to get real here and the constant bleating of the 'seek asylum in the first country you get to' is a moot point. They are not doing it and the desperately want to get to Northern Europe, many aiming to get to Germany, who had already offered Asylum to anyone from Syriia.

There's a humanitarian crisis going on and they have already left Turkey. They're out of Greece through Macedonia and now in Hungary, looking to get to Austria. They won't seek Asylum in Hungary as the number of successful applications is, well to be honest, they pulled out of the agreement to be responsible for processing Asylum seekers, back in June.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

1. Turkey is NOT a safe place for refugees. This is NOT a country welcoming them or even offering the safety. Turkey is deeply divided on similar tribal lines as the countries these people are now fleeing.

2. Greece is the first country they reach, but in Greece they are not processing refugee or asylum applications and they are not getting the support nations are SUPPOSED to give them. In addition to this, they see that the German people are willing to help them when most other European countries (including the UK) are slamming the door in their faces.

3. Germany, and its people, are working damn hard to help hundreds of thousands of displaced people, while numerous other countries in Europe are doing nothing at all. Which country would you want to go to? One where you'll get absolutely no help at all from the government or the people, while risking being attacked or even killed by mobs of fascists nationalists? Or Germany, where the vast majority of the public are doing everything they can?

4. Our services in the UK are not stretched to breaking point because of the numbers of people here, they are stretched because of the Conservative government making drastic cuts to our services while allowing their corporate buddies to funnel profits out of this country and avoiding billions in tax. If you want to complain about how hard we have it in the UK, you need to be blaming our elitist government of Tory toffs and their special interests in Corporations and Bankers, not the women and children fleeing a war zone.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

I don't know why they didn't stay. There was probably, at the time, what seemed a good reason to leave. I'm sure that father, and others who've lost loved ones, wishes he had the choice to do over again. The choice he made only cost him everything he holds dear...

I'm not necessarily advocating relocating all these refugees to Europe or America. Though that should be explored. What needs doing is fixing their home. Seems only right, since our countries helped, in no small part, to bring this about.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join