It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Oh , I can cook, bake, sew, quilt, skin any animal I kill. I can also prepare a hide and make fire without a match, and I do not need the Government to tell me how to squat, I can also do that on my own. a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: Chansi3

This whore has been divorced 3 times, married 4 and is a proven adulterer. She has zero religious ground to stand on.

P.S. Babylon called; they need their whore back.

That's keeping ATS classy!
edit on 3-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
This is good. It's not right to force your religion on others.

Who's to say she is right? I don't believe in the bible. What if it was a Muslim Clerk who refused to do this job based on Islamic beliefs?

Then the muslim would be cheered on a brave soldier for their religion, duhh. Gota tear down the big bad christians and jews, but the muslim and gay can not possibly do any wrong, the black man by virtue of the hardships of their "ancestors" can do no wrong, nope just white cristians are now the devil. Bunch of PC BS.

EDIT: NOTE!!! I am not "white" for sure not a cristian or a jew. I just don't think it fair they get to be the whipping boy this century, never had this problem in 19xx
edit on 3-9-2015 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sorry, I should have defined 'they' as the Supreme Court but I kind of figured it was implied since if someone has an interest in this they would know how the definition of same sex marriage came to be in the US.

As far as treated equally...that is the point. She is not being treated equally when she has a law to defend her but a ruling based on a case, not a written law, is interpreted to protect gay marriage. It is ONE way, or the OTHER...you cannot pick and choose which is happening right now.

She does not want to sign it based on religious belief. So, have someone else 'notarize' it and she can file it. Move on.

To me,again, it is not about right/wrong/religion/orientation. It is about how the government can choose to interpret and enforce a punishment when you are protected by the 1st Amendment. You also have the right to remain silent and to due process. These are already out the window with the PA. Little by little the foundation of our country is being pushed apart and the small victories you think are won are only leading us to total government control.

You referred to Congress in the same sentence. Glad you understand what's going on!

She is being treated equally. In Kentucky, and elsewhere, you go to jail for contempt of court.

That's the issue, beginning, end, middle: she is in contempt of court; she is paying the price for being so.

Muddying the waters with personal opinions about Obergefell is irrelevant. It's not about "gay marriage" it's about contempt of court.

Hopefully, in a larger sense, it is about returning to some level of rationality with what "exercise of religion" actually means.

Religion does not confer a carte blanche ability to ignore our laws.
edit on 15Thu, 03 Sep 2015 15:10:13 -050015p032015966 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chansi3
Oh , I can cook, bake, sew, quilt, skin any animal I kill. I can also prepare a hide and make fire without a match, and I do not need the Government to tell me how to squat, I can also do that on my own. a reply to: Gryphon66

Magnificent!

What does that have to do with our topic?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

Five out of six deputy clerks in Rowan County, Ky., have agreed to issue same-sex marriage licenses after a judge found a Kentucky clerk in contempt of court and ordered her to jail for refusing to grant the licenses.

Attorneys for jailed Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis have proposed allowing her out of custody if she agrees to not interfere with marriage licenses for gay couples..

So, she basically folded like a wet cardboard box after a few minutes in custody.

So much for Paul and Silas in jail all night long.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is interesting, people, it seems that no state can ignore
Supreme court decisions, this is for those that think that the supreme court is just that a court that tells the states what to do even they the states have the rights to sovereignty

I guess, Kentucky have a big problem in their hands, as their run away with the law cleric is going to stay as a local state problem.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I guess the state government is bending over so they don't look too bad on their citizens.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There is one other aspect that should be considered:

Kim Davis is a government employee, a county clerk. By her pushing her religion, it could be construed as the government is endorsing and promoting a denomination of Christianity. That is against the Constitution of the United States.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

originally posted by: amazing
This is good. It's not right to force your religion on others.

Who's to say she is right? I don't believe in the bible. What if it was a Muslim Clerk who refused to do this job based on Islamic beliefs?

Then the muslim would be cheered on a brave soldier for their religion, duhh. Gota tear down the big bad christians and jews, but the muslim and gay can not possibly do any wrong, the black man by virtue of the hardships of their "ancestors" can do no wrong, nope just white cristians are now the devil. Bunch of PC BS.

I don't see it as PC BS. It's good. I don't want this lunatic woman forcing her beliefs on me or anyone I know.

The only bad thing that comes about this is that the "poor, white, male Christians" are crying about persecutions. They need to get over themselves, quite playing the victim and move on and make something of their lives. They can do it. The first step is to stop blaming others for their situation and to believe that they can make a better life for themselves if they try hard enough.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chansi3
You are joking right? I thought there was no such animal. We are living in 2015 are we not? a reply to: LeatherNLace

If the shoe fits...
What's good for the goose...
I call 'em like I see 'em...
And so on.

Look, I am a bigger "whore" than this whorie whore, but I tend to my business and ONLY my business. What's worse than a whore? A judgemental whore.

NO, I'M NOT KIDDING. Are you?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Supreme court decisions, this is for those that think that the supreme court is just that a court that tells the states what to do even they the states have the rights to sovereignty

I guess, Kentucky have a big problem in their hands, as their run away with the law cleric is going to stay as a local state problem.

The sovereignty of any State is still subject to the Constitution of the United States.

link   

a reply to: DelMarvel

I guess the state government is bending over so they don't look too bad on their citizens.

The state government hasn't taken any action in this case.

link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
So much for Paul and Silas in jail all night long.

Damn, what a wuss.

I gave her less than a week on page one but I did not think it would be less than one day.

What a total lame-o, I expected more...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Standing by her faith good for her

link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Calling others hurtful names is not helping any reasonable point, in my opinion.

Could I ask you as a fellow member to stop referring to this lady in such a foul way in open forum?

link   

Yeah it is interesting.

States can IGNORE federal law like immigration, but county clearks, and other states can't IGNORE the one about marriage.

link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Look, I am a bigger "whore" than this whorie whore...

I am soooooo non-judgmental.

Do you ever make it to New Jersey?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, that is right, but still you have some people that believe the supreme court decisions are base on personal preferences.

Specially in issues of hot topics like believes and religion.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

That's why I tend to lean toward Agnostic hard to be offended when you basically don't give a crap. But on the other hand I don't think it is fair to hammer her for expressing her beliefs. I would say the same for just about anyone in her position. Everyone is free to believe as they like as long it doesn't hurt anyone. She didn't hurt anyone, at most a mild inconvenience.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join