It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
1. The governor and the attorney general have said the licenses are legal. They have proclaimed it. I just don't know if that makes it so.

2. Kim's signature is not required. But the issuing office (County Clerk), the county, and her NAME are, by state law. None of these are on the licenses at this time.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
1. The governor and the attorney general have said the licenses are legal. They have proclaimed it. I just don't know if that makes it so.

2. Kim's signature is not required. But the issuing office (County Clerk), the county, and her NAME are, by state law. None of these are on the licenses at this time.

Exactly!

In this case I want "Signed, Sealed, and Delivered".

Per the media - - the governor and attorney general stated they are legal in their state.

What happens if they go to another state?

Will they have issues in another state with a form that appears to be incomplete?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here's how important the strict legality of marriage papers is. Even though Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom signed divorce papers months ago, a judgment was never entered into court and therefore they are still legally married and she will be making medical decisions for Lamar, who is in a coma, on life support with organ failure and brain damage.

Source

Multiple outlets have reported that though Kardashian and Odom both signed divorce papers in July, a judgment was never entered into court and thus their divorce was never finalized. That means the two of them remain legally married and thus, according to the reports, Kardashian is in charge of making all medical decisions for Odom.
TMZ also reported that Kardashian has "already made several" medical decisions on Odom's behalf.

TMZ reported Tuesday night that Odom, 35, had suffered multiple strokes and organ failure, and that he was comatose and breathing with the assistance of a machine.

The legality of these paper MEANS something.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Exactly, people could believe it's valid now only to find out when it's too late that it was never "Legal" because of discrepancies in wording

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My daughter had INTENT to marry the father of their child. They even had the church reserved for a specific date and the wedding invitations ready for print.

She had been trying for a year to get a divorce. But, her ex was stationed in Afghanistan.

Baby born, dad dies. Did you know you can't prove paternity from a dead person?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I'm sure that's what these couples are concerned about.

In other news...

Westboro Baptist Church will Picket Outside Kim Davis’ Office Because She’s a “Fake Christian”

LOL! Now, there's the pot calling the kettle black!

Here’s where it gets really interesting. Westboro says Davis sinned because she committed adultery, and sin is what’s led God away from us, so they end up advocating for Davis to give gay people the licenses they deserve. She helped usher in this modern tragedy, they say, so she might as well reap what she sowed.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Love it! Westbaro always know show to show the Crazy!

Love the purple for Spirit Day! i'm all Purple Glitter and Sparkles here!
edit on 15-10-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Love it! Westbaro always know show to show the Crazy!

Love the purple for Spirit Day! i'm all Purple Glitter and Sparkles here!

You just brightened my day

Christian meet Christian --- because the bible is so clear.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Update: Judge Orders Governor Steve Beshear To Address Altered Gay Marriage Licenses - - By Vishakha Sonawane on October 15 2015

A federal judge has ordered Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear to decide whether gay marriage licenses issued by Rowan County clerk Kim Davis’ office were valid, the Associated Press reported Wednesday. A lawyer of one of Davis’ deputies said in a September court filing that Davis changed the forms by dropping her name as well as the county’s, weakening the legality of the licenses.

Terry Sebastian, a spokesman for the governor, said Wednesday that Kentucky recognized the licenses in question, the AP reported. Sebastian said Beshear will file a response and follow the court order. The judge’s order came a day after Davis’ lawyers maintained that the altered marriage licenses were valid because they were recognized by Beshear and Kentucky Attorney Gen. Jack Conway. www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Kim Davis gives up, will not challenge altered marriage licenses - - - 10/15/15 by Jon Green

Lawyers for Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis say the marriage licenses issued by her office are binding — and no further action is required by a federal judge to change them.

“Marriage licenses are being issued in Rowan County, which [Kentucky Gov. Steven Beshear] and Kentucky attorney general have approved as valid, which are recognized by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and which are deemed acceptable by the couples who received them,” her lawyers said in court filings Tuesday. americablog.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee thx annee. We can all home now wishing we had never heard this lunatics name. 👹

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And precedent is set.

All according to plan.

edit on Oct-16-2015 by xuenchen because: [99.34]

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What would that be? obeying the Law?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

What would that be? obeying the Law?

Setting precedent shuts down many open cases with similar intents.

It also makes it difficult to start new cases.

All part of the controlled opposition tactics.

Puts many people into a comfort zone.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

So you mean more people wont be able to break the Law like she did, and hide beyond her Government Job and Religion to discriminate?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So you mean more people wont be able to break the Law like she did, and hide beyond her Government Job and Religion to discriminate?

Yes.

Exactly.

There are some other cases you know.

The legal system is complicated.

And don't lose sight of the fact that the Supreme Court case was about validity of marriage licenses from out-of-State.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

From your source:

A month ago, these same lawyers were fairly adamant that marriage licenses issued while she was in jail, which did not include her signature, were “void,” and vowed to fight them in court.

That's what I thought! I remembered her lawyers swearing that the licenses issued in her absence (jail) were invalid. This basically says to me that her lawyers found out that they were wrong and have "given up". Like someone who "gives up" trying to prove the sun revolves around the earth. They were simply wrong about some legal thing or they were knowingly lying to get religious support. Neither would surprise me and I lean toward the latter.

This was perfectly-said:

But now that Davis has gotten her national exposure, meeting with the Pope and martyr award; and now that Liberty Counsel has gotten their national exposure and slate of new clients, they are all willing to give up the fight for their right to discriminate.

Reading this article, I can't help but feel sympathy for Kim. I mean, I think she probably is a closed-minded, righteous, bigot, but I think this situation carried her away so fast and she was just going along with her lawyers (because she's not really very smart) and when they learned that they don't have a legal leg to stand on, they let her down easy, told her what a trooper she is and how she'd be rewarded in heaven, etc. Meanwhile, they're rewarded right here on Earth...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Annee thx annee. We can all home now wishing we had never heard this lunatics name. 👹

For sure. But, she's only one of three in OK.

Whatever decisions are made will affect the other two too.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Since then she's changed the licenses to remove her name and to say they were issued under the authority of a federal judge. The American Civil Liberties Union thinks that undermines the validity of the licenses, calling it "a stamp of animus against the LGBT community." They want the governor to force Davis to reissue them.

www1.cbn.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis: Westboro Baptist Church
To Protest Rowan County Clerk's Multiple Marriages

Allow me to piggy back on this thread rather than start a new one but this is rich.

The Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas will protest against Kentucky clerk Kim Davis Monday, according to its Twitter account. The church tweeted an image saying that the Rowan County clerk, who denied marriage licenses to gay couples on religious grounds, was a "proud, self-righteous hypocrite" and an "adulterer."

The unaffiliated Baptist church argued that Davis committed adultery by getting divorced and remarried four times. The Topeka-based group planned to protest in front of Davis’ home, according to Lex18.com, a local news website.

"That man that Kim Davis is living with, and calling her husband, IS NOT! Her husband is Dwain Wallace, who she married when she was 18-years-old. It was adultery at the beginning, adultery in the middle and it is indeed adultery today!," the group stated on Twitter.

The church, which previously targeted funerals of American servicemen and women along with popular figures, also told Davis to abide by the Supreme Court’s June order that legalized same-sex marriage across the country. The group said that god “does not require YOU to disobey to deal with this nation,” over homosexuals marriage.
www.ibtimes.com...

Yup You read right!! this is coming from the God Hates Fag people, one set of asses taking a bite outta another set of ass..

edit on 20-10-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join