It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks BH for the update.

I am still following. Just didn't post.

There are 3 now in OK who are issuing only straight couple marriage licenses. (Exception: Kim's clerks are issuing to all couples by court order).

I expect (hope) all three will be dealt with in January.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Civil rights -- equal rights.

Same fight.

Who said otherwise?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

i'll let you in on a Secret.. we are not going to take away Guns, we are going to take away ammunition and replace it all with Glitter

Can you make mine shoot rainbow laser beams instead?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Civil rights -- equal rights.

Same fight.

Who said otherwise?

You did.

a reply to: Darth_Prime Hey, pal. I thought you were supposed to be out promoting your agenda or something, not ripping on poor Saint Kimmy.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That is what we are giving the Military... also are you ready for the one World Gay religion?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You did.

Perhaps you should reread my posts in this thread. I support equal rights without equivocation.

Darth and I often trade jests on the forums. He knows I was kidding.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
That is what we are giving the Military... also are you ready for the one World Gay religion?

The worship of Lady Gaga whilst wearing vintage Versace?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah joking and sarcasms can be confused with the real thing. It's difficult over the internet to tell when you don't know.

But yeah poor Saint Kimmy is being oppressed by the Gays.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You did.

Perhaps you should reread my posts in this thread. I support equal rights without equivocation.

Darth and I often trade jests on the forums. He knows I was kidding.

I did feel you were joking and being sarcastic.

Even so --- you did separate the "gay agenda" from Civil Rights.

Clarity for that poster who doesn't joke.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Even so --- you did separate the "gay agenda" from Civil Rights.

Huh? What are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Liberty Counsel Urging Disobedience to Marriage Ruling

The Liberty Council is doing everything it can to encourage other people to defy the Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.

The Liberty Counsel isn’t only defending Davis’ case, though, but arguing for others to mimic her actions in ignoring the ruling and the law. This week, the organization shared on its Facebook page a number of articles, such as this from American Principle Project and this from Breitbart, all calling for “constitutional resistance” to the ruling in Obergefell vs. Hodges.

americanprinciplesproject.org...
www.breitbart.com...

On the meeting with the Pope, the Liberty Counsel insists that the Vatican is lying:

This meeting was a private meeting. No other members of the public were present.
Kim and Joe Davis were placed in a room with no one else present. Later Pope Francis arrived with only Vatican or Embassy personnel and security. He stretched out his hands. Kim clasped his hands, and he asked her to pray for him. She said she would, and she asked the Pontiff to pray for her, to which he said he would. Pope Francis then thanked Kim for her “courage.” They embraced. The Pope said, “Stay strong.” He then presented Kim and Joe with two Rosaries.

There was no line of people or other members of the public seen anywhere.

Of course, Kim Davis fans say the Vatican is lying and owes Davis an apology.

edit on 10/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Of course, Kim Davis fans say the Vatican is lying and owes Davis an apology.

The truth is Kim and her council misused and abused a meeting with the pope for a political stunt.

She is in violation of our Constitution.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The Liberty Council is doing everything it can to encourage other people to defy the Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.

Then they can enjoy the free hospitality at the local lock up too.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

They doubled down on that? Good grief.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Kim's 15 minutes of attention from me has waned. Is she back in the slammer yet? And, the Pope neither denies nor confirms her tale of him "meeting her." She's not that important - just another frumpy, poorly educated, loudmouth bigot. I doubt he eve gave her a second thought.

I think it's hilarious that he spent a private evening with his oldest friend and the friend's gay partner.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Kim's 15 minutes of attention from me has waned. Is she back in the slammer yet?

There are 3 of them. 3 clerks in OK refusing to issue marriage licenses to gays.

All of them need to be in the slammer.

Guess we'll find out in January.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
An article I'm reading: "The Bus Stops Here: Bus Driver Tells Teen His 2 Dads Are Going To Hell".

And guess who is also included in article? Kim and Pope.

It was a homophobic act that emboldens people like Kim Davis and paves the way for more to discriminate — like my son’s bus driver! What’s a more powerful way to fuel someone’s fire to discriminate then to make them believe they have God on their side?

www.queerty.com...
edit on 12-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I wonder how they would feel if everyone did everything they could to encourage people to defy the "First Amendment"

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Shouldn't lawyers who publicly advocate breaking the law be disbarred?

I'll have to look into this.

Edit: I'm a little taken aback that I have found that to answer my question.......not really.

Rule 2.1: Advisor
Counselor

Rule 2.1 Advisor
In representing a client, a lawyer shall exercise independent professional judgment and render candid advice. In rendering advice, a lawyer may refer not only to law but to other considerations such as moral, economic, social and political factors, that may be relevant to the client's situation.

www.americanbar.org... le_of_contents.html

edit on 13-10-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Is this article confusing? Or is it just me?

Kim Davis' Lawyers: No Need to Change Marriage Licenses After Controversy

One of her deputy clerks said she deleted all mention of Rowan County, removed her name, and omitted references to deputy clerks. Only a deputy's name is on the form — and not his title — with a place for him to initial rather than to use his signature.

Those changes, the couples told the judge, were inconsistent with state rules for marriage licenses, raising potential questions about their validity.

But Davis' lawyers said Tuesday not to worry.

"The Kentucky governor and Kentucky attorney general both inspected the new licenses and publicly stated that they were valid and will be recognized as valid by the Commonwealth of Kentucky," the lawyers said.

In a flurry of back-and-forth court filings since the firestorm erupted, Davis' team also filed suit against Gov. Beshear and another state official for allegedly violating her religious freedom.

www.nbcnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join