It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Kim is costing the state enough.

Her case will sent precedent.

All will need to comply or quit.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Why are county clerks elected in the first place?

Maybe the next Kentucky legislature meeting can do away with those elected positions and simply hire for the job.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why are county clerks elected in the first place?

Maybe the next Kentucky legislature meeting can do away with those elected positions and simply hire for the job.

Now there's a thought. There's actually more to this story, then the gay issue.

"Unfortunately, corruption is widespread in government agencies and public enterprises. Our political system promotes nepotism and wasting money. This has undermined our legal system and confidence in the functioning of the state. One of the consequences is that many citizens don't pay their taxes." --George Papandreou

She makes like 3.5 times my salary. Why did I waste the time to go to school to be a software engineer
''''''

Nepotism so brazen even Rhode Island state workers are impressed. I will forever laugh at the only other clerk who sided with Davis was her son. I wonder where he got his beliefs from....

rebrn.com...

Judge Bunning faced nepotism charges too.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Because that is really what matters. Comply to the gay agenda. Screw tolerance and accommodation.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Maybe there is a good reason why it is an elected position, but it may be a carry over from earlier times and if so they should cut the fat and call it the Kimy Act.

IMO she embodies the entitlement generation.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You're getting warmer.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You're getting warmer.

NO.

The conspiracy is yours. I'm not playing.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Annee

Because that is really what matters. Comply to the gay agenda. Screw tolerance and accommodation.

Ah yes, the gay agenda.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
Ah yes, the gay agenda.

Would that be the agenda where they expect to be treated the same as other people?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Maybe there is a good reason why it is an elected position, but it may be a carry over from earlier times and if so they should cut the fat and call it the Kimy Act.

IMO she embodies the entitlement generation.

Yes, not an area I know. But, I believe lots of government positions have been privatized.

I can't find the article about her mother giving her a big raise after she hired her. I wonder if $80,000 is comparable for that position to other counties and surrounding states.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

Yes, we knew about Casey Davis of Casey County. There have been no requests in that county for marriage licenses by gay couples yet. Source

And thanks for the link about what Kim did. I didn't know she was changing licenses already issued! That's criminal, for sure!

This will be very interesting in the days to come...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Awwww - how sweet.

Davis: What Hurts Me Most Is ‘When Someone Tells Me My God Doesn’t Love Me’

“What probably hurt me the worst is when someone tells me that my God does not love me or that my God is not happy with me, that I am a hypocrite of a Christian,” said Davis.

edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The Truth Hurts...

No, that was mean. I'm sure her god loves her, as he loves ALL his children. Yes, even the gay ones.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'll post this here. Thanks, Annee!

Kim Davis to Switch Parties Because Democratic Party Abandoned Her

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, a longtime Democrat, says she is switching to the Republican Party because she feels abandoned by Democrats in her fight against same-sex marriage.

This makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever! Since when is the Democratic Party the anti-gay party??? Hey Kim! Democrats SUPPORT marriage equality! Who doesn't know this?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I would have to say that that depends on quite a few things. maybe gay/straight issue isn't on the top of someone's list of what's importance but they truly would like to see some positive changes in the economy that and think that the dems are more likely to bring about those changes. and well, although they don't agree with gay marriage, well, that just isn't as important, so they don't mind.
I'm a registered democrat but I've voted republican probably just as often as I do democrat. I kind of see things as a pendulum swinging from left to right and when I see it going to far, too fast to the left, I'll vote republican just hoping that they can slow the danged thing down some. I never thought it possible that someone could push that pendulum so far in one direction with such momentum that it ended up in the far back corner of the other's field...but as I view it, that is what bush did and well left and right hasn't been the same since. they're confused it seems, having to support things that would be contrary to their party in normal times.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I'll post this here. Thanks, Annee!

Kim Davis to Switch Parties Because Democratic Party Abandoned Her

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, a longtime Democrat, says she is switching to the Republican Party because she feels abandoned by Democrats in her fight against same-sex marriage.

This makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever! Since when is the Democratic Party the anti-gay party??? Hey Kim! Democrats SUPPORT marriage equality! Who doesn't know this?

"Southern" Right Wing Fundamental Christian is not a Democrat.

Filling out a form does not make you a Democrat.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yes, bow down to the Gay Gods and worship us!

since she has no problem denying the Constitution, and the people who support her seem to not mind denying the Constitution.. why should we honor her First Amendment Rights everyone is talking about?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Teikiatsu
why should we honor her First Amendment Rights everyone is talking about?

So, the first amendment that guarantees Kim Davis the right to disobey the law, violate the Constitution, AND direct her employees to do so as well?

The first amendment that guarantees Kim Davis the right to DENY the legal rights of others?

The same first amendment that guarantees Kim Davis the right to confiscate and alter marriage licenses that have already been issued?

Yeah, she doesn't have the right to do those things, religious freedom or not. She definitely has the right to exercise her religion, believe as she wants, go to church, sing hymns, pray all day, etc. But the first amendment doesn't cover ANY of the above.

I know you know this. Just making a point.

edit on 9/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Aww damn. Sorry. Didn't mean to be mean.

We'll all be fine...one day. We'll all get there.

Still - can't say I regret what she's having to eat now.

edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Church! (Pun not intended)

Us Gay Nazi Militants really want to take all her Freedoms... All your Freedoms belong to us!!

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join