It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
For those interested, here is one of the motions filed Monday.

assets.documentcloud.org...

Link was retrieved from:

washington post
edit on 22-9-2015 by Dreamwatcher because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dreamwatcher
For those interested, here is one of the motions filed Monday.

assets.documentcloud.org...

Link was retrieved from:

washington post

That is a bit confusing.

She confiscated issued licenses and altered them?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The Judge has to follow the laws of the state and land. Though something tells me that if she does goes back, there will not be a deal and she will have to either agree outright to do her job or resign, there will be no accomodation this time.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
She confiscated all the original forms in the office and replaced them with altered versions.

Rather than standing aside while Deputy Clerk Mason issued the same marriage licenses upon which this Court relied in its September 8 Order lifting the civil contempt finding and releasing her from custody, Davis “confiscated all the original forms, and provided a changed form which deletes all mentions of the County, fills in one of the blanks that would otherwise be the County with the Court’s styling, deletes her name, deletes all
of the deputy clerk references, and in place of deputy clerk types in the name of Brian Mason, and has him initial rather than sign.” [RE #114: Notice filed by Brian Mason.]

As described in Mason’s Notice filed with this Court, Davis made substantial and material alterations to the forms that include forcing Mason to issue the licenses as a “notary public” rather than a Deputy Clerk, eliminating any mention of the County, and changing the forms to state instead that they are issued “Pursuant to Federal Court Order #15-CV-44 DLB.” S

edit on 22-9-2015 by Dreamwatcher because: Fix Link

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

She confiscated all the original forms in the office and replaced them with altered versions.

That sounds criminal and chargeable.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That sounds criminal and chargeable.

I hope so

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

Fine, she's digging her hole a little deeper.......

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I do hope Brian Mason is a Notary at least, and well, has a notary seal on it???
This lady is kind of insane in what she's doing. and ya, I think she might end up in jail again over it.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

She will be fine, Jesus saves...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Four Kentucky couples demand Kim Davis reissue altered marriage licenses

The controversial Kentucky clerk insists she has not been ‘hateful’ after she allegedly confiscated and replaced same-sex couples’ documents last week.

Kim Davis said in an interview that marriage licenses issued through her office don’t have her authorization and are ‘not valid in God’s eyes’.

A US clerk who has already spent five days in jail because she refused to issue marriage licenses could be back in court soon for altering documents issued to same-sex couples, even as she insists she’s not a homophobe and has never said anything hateful.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 22-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

More precedent setting motions !!

They are leaving no stones unturned are they.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

More precedent setting motions !!

They are leaving no stones unturned are they.

As they shouldn't.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
here's an article I found that gives a pretty clear explanation as to just how the forms were changed...

www.newsweek.com...

and well little Kim has had another setback in her court fight:

OUISVILLE, Ky. (Reuters) - A federal judge on Wednesday denied Kim Davis a stay of his order requiring her office to issue marriage licenses to all eligible couples who want one, the latest setback for the Kentucky county clerk who went to jail rather than issue licenses to gay couples.

news.yahoo.com...

I got a feeling she will be going back to jail. A shame really, a willing sacrifice for a political game.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Kim Davis blames governor

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, hauled to jail for defying a series of federal court orders and refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, filed a 40-page court document Thursday, blaming Kentucky governor Steve Beshear for all her legal woes.

Beshear has asked a judge to dismiss the suit against him.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

can we spell ...

P-E-R-F-E-C-T

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

can we spell ...

P-E-R-F-E-C-T

Feel free to conspiracy away.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I debated whether to make a new thread or not, but decided to put this here:

WSAZ

CASEY COUNTY, Ky. (WSAZ) - Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis is not the only clerk in Kentucky refusing to issue marriage licenses.

Casey County clerk Casey Davis has not been in the national spotlight, but he's been refusing to issue marriage licenses to anyone since the Supreme Court ruling that made same-sex marriages legal nationwide.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

WSAZ

CASEY COUNTY, Ky. (WSAZ) - Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis is not the only clerk in Kentucky refusing to issue marriage licenses.

Casey County clerk Casey Davis has not been in the national spotlight, but he's been refusing to issue marriage licenses to anyone since the Supreme Court ruling that made same-sex marriages legal nationwide.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

WSAZ

Yep. Know about him. I actually read about him before Kim Davis.

He says pretty much the exact same thing. And he will go to jail if he has to.

He'll get his too.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

As long as he doesn't stop his clerks from issuing them in his stead and site gods law a s the reason he should be free and clear.

If he does when someone comes to get a license then this crap will be back in court.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join