It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

OMG. Oh.....
I just looked at the last of your links. OMG.

I was so nauseated that I had to turn it off - just to let you know.

Edit: Now, I read the article....

Kim Davis, the clerk of Rowan County Kentucky, who recently spent time in jail for refusing to follow a court order, and who continued to defy that order upon her release, will soon be granted an award, stage time, and honors for her actions. The conservative lobbying group, the Family Research Council (yes, the same group that recently parted ways with family values speaker Josh Duggar) will be treating Davis as an honored guest at the upcoming Values Voter Summit.
Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

And:

Now the Family Research Council has announced that, at the Values Voter Summit next week, Kim Davis will be the recipient of the “Cost of Discipleship Award,” and will be honored along with her lawyer, Mat Staver of the Liberty Counsel.
As for the Liberty Counsel, that organization is referring to the honor next Friday as “…[Kim Davis’] first national speaking engagement…” (emphasis added), which suggests the group might have further plans for the county clerk’s career as a political influence.

Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

*insert faceplam meme of your choice*

edit on 9/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You know what's really funny? She's getting this "Cost of Discipleship" award. The title comes from a book, considered a classic of Christian thought.

Here's the first quote from the book that I found:

“Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are.
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Can you believe that??? LOL!

Quotes from "The Cost of Discipleship"

edit on 9/20/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Wow. Hard to believe, but our country seems to have become Reality TV.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Ugh!

I couldn't even bring myself to read it.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The only small silver lining is that She like the Westboro church is only highlighting the extremist views of Religion, and those who don't think that way, or use their Religion as a shield of Hate, Malice and Discrimination will continue to distance themselves from people such as this.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

“[Jesus] stands between us and God, and for that very reason he stands between us and all other men and things.

He is the Mediator, not only between God and man, but between man and man, between man and reality.

Since the whole world was created through him and unto him (John 1:3; 1st Cor. 8:6; Heb. 1:2), he is the sole Mediator in the world...

The call of Jesus teaches us that our relation to the world has been built on an illusion.

All the time we thought we had enjoyed a direct relation with men and things. This is what had hindered us from faith and obedience. Now we learn that in the most intimate relationships of life, in our kinship with father and mother, bothers and sisters, in married love, and in our duty to the community, direct relationships are impossible.

Since the coming of Christ, his followers have no more immediate realities of their own, not in their family relationships nor in the ties with their nation nor in the relationships formed in the process of living.

Extremely disturbing.

ETA: Oh, this is from your above link about the Disciple Award thing.
edit on 9/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

The only small silver lining.....
those who don't think that way, or use their Religion as a shield of Hate, Malice and Discrimination will continue to distance themselves from people such as this.

It's actually a pretty big shiny thing.......very noticeable.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Kisses For Kim

Why are people 'kissing for Kim Davis?'
"Dear Kim Davis, we want to let you know that no matter what you do, love will always win."

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

bwahahahaha awesome

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Apparently, Rowan County is issuing legal certificates to straight couples and the "altered" licenses to gay couples.

USA Today

The ACLU, which is suing Davis on behalf of four couples, filed a motion Monday asking U.S. District Judge David Bunning to prevent her from interfering. They argue that the alterations create a two-tier system that treats LGBT couples as second-class citizens. They want Bunning to enforce a return to the uniform licenses used across the state.

That could set the stage for another showdown in court and possibly more jail time for Davis, even though the ACLU is only suggesting fines or an order placing the clerk's office in a receivership for the purpose of issuing licenses.

Receivership

A court order whereby all the property subject to dispute in a legal action is placed under the dominion and control of an independent person known as a receiver.

Receivership is an extraordinary remedy, the purpose of which is to preserve property during the time needed to prosecute a lawsuit, if a danger is present that such property will be dissipated or removed from the jurisdiction of the court if a receiver is not appointed. Receivership takes place through a court order and is utilized only in exceptional circumstances and with or without the consent of the owner of the property.

This is an interesting quote from the USA Today article:

"I feel really sad that someone can be so unhappy with themselves as a person that they did not feel dignified as a human being until they got a piece of paper," Davis said. "There is just so much more to life than that.”

My response is: I feel really sad that someone can be so unhappy with themselves as a person that they did not feel Godly as a human being because of a piece of paper. There is just so much more to life than that.

link   
I see no need to have more Kim threads. So, posting this here.

I couldn't get through the whole article

Kim Davis Says Her Feelings Are Hurt

In an interview with Good Morning America, the embattled Kentucky clerk talked about her hurt feelings and admitted she denied a marriage license even to her "friends."

www.advocate.com...

link   
dp
edit on 22-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

that's kind of mind numbing. I was so hoping this would be over, but well it seems to be worse now. So the licenses are different between the legal marriages and the same sex, with only the same sex getting the questionable ones?

Whereas before she was just refusing to do her job, now it is discrimination.
Curious as to how the judge is going to react....

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

As if our dignity hasn't been mocked enough for being GLBTQ+ our "Lifestyle choice" or "Mental deviant behavior" or we are too "Homo" or too "Butch" or we don't "Pass" or "Men in dresses" or "Woman in pants" or we are Mentally unfit to parent.. shall i go on?

now we don't dignify ourselves because we want to be treated like other people, that we are not a sub-human second class citizen because we want a piece of paper.. look the "Queers" are whining again and wanting to be special snowflakes...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
After seeing this on the news and what all is going on here is what is going to happen:

Do not be surprised when she is sent back to prison for violating a federal court order. And that is the start of the charges.

If the State of Kentucky laws have been violated, there could be fraud charges put into play as well. And retaliation charges and hostile work environment. Add to the violation of civil rights, and it looks like the number of charges are building up quickly.

Now the question that we all should ask, is how much money will be sent to her via donations and how long will the evangelicals be willing to support her? And then there is the oath keepers, will they interfer in this and risk more charges against her and a few on them?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Kim Davis Says Her Feelings Are Hurt

Oh FFS!!!!
(Whaambulance en route)................

gah.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I am eager to see what happens with this case, as it's setting precedent for future cases against LGBT rights. I hope they nip this in the bud. People should know that if they break the law, it won't be overlooked.

I'm sure she'll get plenty of money, but that's her prerogative. If she wants to accept funding for stubbornly refusing to do her job, or allowing someone else to do it, that's her right. It's sickening, but it will probably happen. That's why she was jailed in the first place. The judge thought a fine would be paid by donations. He may just jail her again.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
...............SOMEBODY....FIRE....HER!!!!..............there, I feel better.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
If she wants to accept funding for stubbornly refusing to do her job, or allowing someone else to do it, that's her right. It's sickening, but it will probably happen.

I am going to mail her some money...

...from my Monopoly game.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I am eager to see what happens with this case, as it's setting precedent for future cases against LGBT rights. I hope they nip this in the bud. People should know that if they break the law, it won't be overlooked.

A lot of the LGBT equality cases have moved slowly with precision.

Better to do it right, even if it takes a little longer.

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join