It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Who cares what her party is.

Oh I'm guessing the New York Times. But truly this would not be the first time Democrats ate their own.

I'm guessing Daily Kos cares...as they are busy telling her she's NOT a Democrat www.dailykos.com... that's a whole lot of not caring if you ask me.
edit on 10-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Who cares what her party is.

Oh I'm guessing the New York Times. But truly this would not be the first time Democrats ate their own.

Ahhhhh, a media rag trying to sell sensationalism.

Shocking!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

But truly this would not be the first time Democrats ate their own.

Didn't you just get done saying this:

This just goes to show how far people will go in ridiculing someone they disagree with.

It was about 60 seconds ago. You should take your own advice and try to stay on topic without including all the ridicule and crazy BS.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You mean, Im not allowed to point out hypocrisy, you view that as ridicule ? Time to get the old dictionary out.

Meanwhile: here's the hypocrisy of the Left

Davis’s arrest was met with cheers by same-sex marriage advocates who for some reason did not demand imprisonment of officials who lawlessly issued gay marriage licenses in clear contravention of state and federal laws. Take, for example, Democrat Gavin Newsom, who is currently the California lieutenant governor. Back in 2004, when gay marriage was banned under California state law, Newsom openly defied the law and used his power as the mayor of San Francisco to force taxpayer-funded government clerks to issue gay marriage licenses:
thefederalist.com...

This is an example of the usage of ridicule...though the site itself is simply highlighting what others are doing it shows the rude cartoons www.patheos.com...

So again, for Progressives this is not and never was about following the law(that's just an excuse whenever convenien), and it's not about doing the right thing, it's about doing the Progressive agenda. How do I know the Left doesn't really care about what's rght? Why, a member of the group Ladies of The Left said it on the Rush Limbaugh show. I happened to have been in transit from a work site and heard this woman call in... a radical feminist calling her group Ladies of the Left. I'd never heard of it before. She was lauding about how they got this big victory and she knew it was WRONG but she was happy anyway. I heard her say it with my own ears.
In fact here's the transcription:

CALLER: Well, I'm just saying isn't it remarkable how effective the Ladies of the Left have been. In other words, we have a group called the Ladies of the Left that have gotten together and we've formed a unstoppable group of women to destroy the youth of the country by populating the schools with propaganda and --

RUSH: Okay, so you are calling to gloat in victory of your destruction of the moral code of the country and in schools?

CALLER: Very perceptive, Rush. That's why we admire you so much and we follow all of your 35 Undeniable Truths of life. We've stolen them and used them for our use because, as the youth have been dumbed down, they don't understand it's propaganda and they can't speak up because they think that this woman is wrong. And you know she's right. But we beat her. And we beat --
RUSH: So wait a minute. If I'm to understand you correctly here, Vanessa, you'RE part of the Ladies of the Left, some lesbians, and you've bullied and overpowered every bit of moral opposition? You're succeeding and destroying the moral code of the country and you're happy?

CALLER: Well, of course, but not just like me. Ladies of the Left --

RUSH: Well, not just lesbians but you mentioned lesbians, so I wanted to be sure and include them in the glory.

CALLER: Well, the lesbians are the leaders. You know, the Latins had an expression: "Dux femina fati -- a woman will be leader of the deed," and that's why we've been able to accomplish this where the men, for example, Henry Hay. I don't know if you're familiar with Henry Hay, but he was a communist pro-homosexual leader in the earlier years is and he couldn't get it done. But once you give it to women, they're driven.

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

so there it is folks out of the mouth of leftists themselves.... oh she did get Harry Hay's name wrong too.. which is kind of funny.
edit on 10-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Do you understand that The Daily Kos is just like ATS? It Diaries (Threads) just the opinions and musings of its members and posters. They just happen to be a little more left than ATS, and don't seems to fight among one another like we do here.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Do you understand that The Daily Kos is just like ATS? It Diaries (Threads) just the opinions and musings of its members and posters. They just happen to be a little more left than ATS, and don't seems to fight among one another like we do here.

I understand quite perfectly about Kos. I never said they were an unbiased news source

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

How do I know the Left doesn't really care about what's rght?

Please....tell us..... How do you know?

Why, a member of the group Ladies of The Left said it on the Rush Limbaugh show.

Rush Limbaugh??? THAT is your source?

OMG.

Rush Limbaugh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that explains a lot.
Thanks for sharing. Not even going to bother suggesting a source upgrade.

I happened to have been in transit from a work site and heard this woman call in... a radical feminist calling her group Ladies of the Left.

Rrrriiiiight. Just happened to have it on your radio.....
and heard a 'caller'.......

and, read some sensationalist stuff at "the federalist"????

and some random right-wing apologist bloggers on patheos?

wow.

Sad.

wow.
Now I get it. Thanks for the disclosure.
edit on 9/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

LOL. That's you're proof. A caller on the Rush radio show??? Who claims to be some Leftist Feminist who also happens to "admire him so much and follow all his Truths of Life"???

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah. Because that sounds so believable. What is wrong with you and your brain???

Oh and BTW, good job on staying on topic and toning down that crazy BS!!

LOLOLOL

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You're not buying that either huh Wigs????

Talk about your flimsy evidence.

Maybe next time they'll get someone credible like Ken Ham or perhaps Pat Robertson!! LOLOLOL

OH, MAN. I wonder how some people find their way out of the house without hurting themselves sometimes.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Right-Wing Militia Pledges to Protect Kim Davis

www.advocate.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Truly disturbing.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Truly disturbing.

Definitely!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

OMG! Freaking creepy! The showdown is coming... They're going to "keep her from being arrested and illegally detained again"? These guys need to read the document they've pledged to defend...

That's the case with most of "Davis' Defenders"... They have NO CLUE about the Constitution, law or the series of events that led up to this fiasco.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I know why she is in jail. My point is that the court should have stayed out of it. If they felt the need to get involved it should have gone through the County Administrator or their Board of Commissioners. Should she have been required to issue marriage licenses? Yes if the state and the county recognize homosexual marriages. They probably do so then what to do about the fact that she failed to perform her duties. Just like any other county position. She should be called to account for her actions and if she failed to perform the job the people who put her in office mandates that she do, she should be removed from office. Jailing her makes her a political prisoner and that should not happen in this country. So, yes, the feds should have stayed out of this.

Your stupid arguments suggest that because the Presidential Administration has the authority to impose Martial Law that he should if something is happening he doesn't agree with. He is already going nuts over his Executive Orders and while he has the authority to do so, it doesn't mean he should. Same with this case. The court can impose a court order on anything apparently. Does that mean they should? Not if it takes the form of creating political prisoners because of religious beliefs.

Tell me why it was necessary for the court to get involved in the first place. Why did the will of the people not resolve this? Perhaps it was because the people did not want the marriage licenses to be issued. When the government has to take up arms against its own citizens to impose their will then there is something very very wrong with out country.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: icewater

The court was involved because she was sued. That is the correct legal process when there is a lawsuit. It goes to court, with a judge.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Kim Davis Has Filed Motion Claiming She Has Sustained “Irreparable Injury”

Kim Davis is suing the Governor, because his order that she obey the Constitution violates her Constitutional rights. If it sounds crazy, it probably is.

The New Civil Rights Movement reports that Davis is suggesting that the District Judge’s insistence that she give marriage licenses to all couples has resulted in “immediate and irreparable injury to her individual religious liberty and free speech rights” and that she’s now “facing immediate and substantial harm and consequences for exercising her individual constitutional and statutory rights.”

Davis’ lawyers have previously said claimed Judge Bunning’s request to comply with his order to hand out marriage licenses is “factually impossible.”

Like it's "factually impossible" for her to issue a license to a gay person. Well, we all know that's not true, don't we? She CAN do it (not that I think she should - I think she should quit her job), she just won't do it.

Crazy chicken world!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

But those she rejected don't have "irreparable injury".

Good to know

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Okay, you know this right wing religious group that is providing her legal team is trying everything they can think of to find a loophole here. I'm sure their thinking is, if they can get one county to allow the clerk to not give out same sex licenses, that sets a legal precedent that they can then use for other counties. They would love to be able to go county by county and try to do the exact same thing they are doing now. It's crazy, and it won't work, but I guess you gotta give 'em props for trying.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yep! Right on the MONEY. They want to be THE premiere legal team in the battle against the secularists, so they're squeezing as much publicity as they can out of this case. Hold on tight! LOL!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Kim Davis Is About To Get A BIG Surprise In Her Hometown

Anti-gay marriage clerk Kim Davis is about to get a rude awakening in her hometown.
Non-profit organization Planting Peace just erected the above billboard in Davis' hometown of Morehead, Kentucky. The message is plain and simple -- if Davis is going to use Biblical rhetoric to justify her opposition to same-sex marriage, she might want to take a closer look at how else marriage has been redefined in relation to the book's sacred teachings.

The Bible also says one could stone to death a wayward child

Rape the philistine woman and many much more pre-modern madness

edit on 12-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join