It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
when they talk about "the baker" as they talking about the little independent baker who owns their own business, or are they talking about his employee though?
I kind of get the feeling that they feel that the baker who is the businessman is the one they are trying to protect their religious freedom but well, if it's just an employee who is being told by their boss to make the cake, well, tough luck to her. either make the cake or go find another job....

so, not only do they feel that some religious issues are deserving of more protection while others shouldn't be protected whatsoever, they also feel that some people deserve more protection than others.

just doesn't make sense to me. if you have the right to your religious beiefs, along with the right not to be forced to go against them, then shouldn't every one else? regardless of their standing in society, or their what particular belief is the issue?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Kim Davis is Out of Jail! Source

The judge who put her in has now ordered her release because the couples who brought the suit have now been issued licenses. She is under order to NOT interfere with her deputies issuing licenses. (Which is what she should have done in the first place.)

U.S. District Judge David Bunning lifted the contempt order but directed Davis not to interfere with the granting of licenses by her deputies.

edit on 9/8/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
(Which is what she should have done in the first place.)

Yyyyyuup.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Good. At least now the taxpayers aren't supporting her with 3 squares and a cot now. (Or, what is it? "Three hots and a cot", maybe. But no, I'm thinking off-brand cereal with powdered milk, a PB&J, and some Slim Jims ought to do it.)

She could be 'suspended without pay' while we wait for the KY Legistlature to finish their cigars and brandy, I''m thinking.
The "crying Christians pity pot" needs flushing. IN MY OPINION.

edit on 9/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just saw that, and something tells me that it is going to be a show down and she is going to interfere with the deputy clerks, then end back up in jail.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The judge who put her in has now ordered her release because the couples who brought the suit have now been issued licenses. She is under order to NOT interfere with her deputies issuing licenses. (Which is what she should have done in the first place.)

U.S. District Judge David Bunning lifted the contempt order but directed Davis not to interfere with the granting of licenses by her deputies.

Now what?

She (her lawyer) claim those marriages are illegal/invalid.

And she said she would interfere with any clerk who issued a license to a gay couple.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Was watching Fox news, and it appears as their tune on Kim Davis is changing quickly, very quickly and are now getting the point. As Sheppard Smith pointed out, these are the same people who wanted an accomidation, and got it. You mention Sharia law and they bulk, but to listen to them speak and it is clear they wanted neither the accommodation or to have the rule of law, but to push for a Theocracy on the people.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Now what?

She (her lawyer) claim those marriages are illegal/invalid.

And she said she would interfere with any clerk who issued a license to a gay couple.

It isn't up to her or her lawyer if the marriages are legal or valid and if she interferes with same sex marriage licenses being issued by other clerks at her office she will find herself back in court and maybe jail again.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

but, she gets to go home and catch up with her housework, spend some time with her family...

just not sure what the compromise was here..
she still says that she doesn't want her name on the licenses in any way and well, I don't think that has been resolved. I think that the best that will happen is she will go back to work, proclaim that the licenses are illegal, threaten those underneath her trying to get them to stop issuing and possibly bring a case against them saying that they were acting illegally for issuing them or something. I don't know.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I still don't understand this. If you can't/won't perform the job duties you agreed to prior to taking the job (elected or not) -- you should leave the job. Reasonable accommodation to me means putting in a wheel chair ramp, or lowering a desk ... you still have to do the job and tasks -- but are accommodated in ways to make them doable for you.

It's not accommodating to allow someone to simply not perform a job function. It's not.

This is nothing but a huge stunt to rile people up on both sides of the issue.

After seeing how much money was thrown at the people who owned the "no gays" pizza place, I can't even imagine how much money this woman will be sent. This Kim lady probably won't ever have to work another day in her life, her supporters are all to happy to part with their cash.

Geeze, I should convert to some religion and a year or so later demand that my employer accommodate me by allowing me to not do parts of my workload. Maybe I can also get a bunch of people to donate money to me so I never have to work again either.

Seems like a pretty good scam to me!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I think I already covered what will happen if she continues to violate the constitution with her authoritative power.

As far as her being released you need to understand this is how the legal system works. The ones who brought the complaint to court have since received their marriage license while she was in jail so the judge can no longer hold her for obstructing their constitutional rights.

It can happen again that depends on her. If she continues to cause problems then there will be more court cases.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Geeze, I should convert to some religion...

If it is called El Culto d'HongoMystico I will donate.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

that lil old Democrat...she's a feisty one eh

newsbusters.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

It wouldn't surprise me if momma didn't run as a democrat also, and since momma always managed to win, why change?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I watched her emotionally waving to the crowds on the tv a couple of days ago, but couldn't get past the idea she was loving the attention - which she probably wouldn't get normally. Was also wondering why she does the job she does if she has such far right views? Surely if one's job offends one - "pluck it out" blah blah and leave it taking your judgements with you. She clearly is compromised with doing her job so is a useless employee that shouldn't be paid and sacked.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

It wouldn't surprise me if momma didn't run as a democrat also, and since momma always managed to win, why change?

Oh of course she cant really be a democrat she has to be republican because she is not behaving as democrats should. Just like gays can't be republican I suspect. Even people at the New York Times assumed she was Republican and had to change the copy.
I think it's hilarious and people won't own up even after they find out.
edit on 10-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
I think it's hilarious and people won't own up even after they find out.

Own up to what? No one is denying that she's a Democrat. It's just irrelevant. I think it's hilarious that you seem to think it matters. People don't fit into nice little boxes with labels, as you seem to think they should.

I never even thought about her political party until someone brought it up here.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Why does her political affiliation even matter? She's a dumbass regardless of who she votes for. Surprise! Dumbassery isn't beholden to one political party. Oh wait, you are just trying to score useless partisan points. I do believe most call that political trolling.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Why is it political trolling? I find it utterly fascinating that Daily Kos and other Progressive sites have already denounced her as not being a true democrat and so have ppl here on these boards.
m.dailykos.com... Also I find that Progressives here have been very active at identifying Republicans whose actions they despise. Pot calling the kettle much ?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Because her hypocrisy doesn't align with her political affiliation; it aligns with her religion. Bringing up her political affiliation, whether you are talking about her not being a true Democrat (no true scotsman fallacy) or whether you are positioning YOUR argument is a complete red herring.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join