It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
How to Silence Kim Davis Supporters

Enough said.....

Couldn't agree more..............
THANK YOU for finding that clip....

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Its getting a little crazy over here. I've been avoiding driving through town, but westboro baptist showed up and they're protesting both sides with signs like "Kim Davis caused gay marriage."

I just got a message that school has been called off tuesday. Luckily it was already out today for labor day.

What I really find odd is that our emergency service lines (911) went down last night, or so says the people of facebook.
edit on 7-9-2015 by zombicide83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: zombicide83

Wow! Take care of yourself. Sounds like something is hitting the fan over there.

Thread about WBC protesting Davis: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

OMG

Kim Davis caused gay marriage.

Getting a T Shirt of that lol.

That may be the funniest sign ever.

edit on 7-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Well look at the bright side, the more people are pouring in the town including the media and other outsiders it means revenue for the town, so the local politicians will be trying to hold the outsiders to leech them for extra revenue as long as they can.

edit on 7-9-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

Was waiting for someone to post something about this.

Are we really going to compare a gov official with a flight attendant?
Other attendant can serve the drinks, the clerks can not give out the licences.

Yes, as they are both jobs. There is no difference if it is an elected position or a job you applied for. With the flight attendant, she is also a 'convert' from after he job started. Except with her they made exception and allowed someone else to serve the alcohol. Then someone complained (she worked with) and now there will be a lawsuit. No different.

I find it quite hilarious, an a bit scary, that so many of you seem to be finding excuses for the Muslim but not the thrice divorced born again christian. Here is a news flash...they both do not like gays but Muslims chop off their heads.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yeah. Pretty much the only businesses we have here are gas stations and fast food restaurants. I'd say they'll be packed. I've heard the local hotels are all full.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
There is no difference if it is an elected position or a job you applied for.

Saying it doesn't make it true.

Besides, the flight attendant was suspended for a year, and then the situation will be revisited.

I find it quite hilarious, an a bit scary, that so many of you seem to be finding excuses for the Muslim

There are no excuses. If EITHER can't do the job, or easily arrange for someone else to do it, leave the job! Let someone else who CAN do the job, do it. Find a job that doesn't conflict with your personal beliefs.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Not sure if these latest have been posted or not.....

GoFundMe shut down her appeal for donations.

She's filing to appeal her case in the courts.

She was elected 27 years ago, and HER MOTHER was County Clerk for 40 years before that.

AND: Her lawyer says the licenses issued in her absence are INVALID.

gah.....

All kinds of "me, me, look at me! Hey Fox News, and HLN!!! Me!!"

in other news, the asshole dentist is going back to work. Says "if I'd known the lion was beloved and had a name, I wouldn't have killed him." Assholes.

Been saving this meme.....even if it's been posted prior - here's my feelings about WBC, Kim Davis, the Judge in Oregon, the lion-killer, Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee (especially), and all those who are supporting them:

edit on 9/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: left out Huckabee. darn.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

She was elected 27 years ago, and HER MOTHER was County Clerk for 40 years before that.

Wow, that adds a lot of salt to the stew!

LOL..LOL...Guffaw!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

That's right, this is revenue that wasn't counted for in the town budget, so make sure that you as a county resident push for accountability of the extra income.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Small town dynasties, we had gone here in my neck of the woods and the town didn't really started to progress and grown until all the old geese controlling the town passed away, they were holding to old believes and stopping progress. See nobody would run against them because their positions were like for life.

It happens.

edit on 7-9-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Time for it to stop happening....

and when you add in that her own son is a Deputy Clerk - well, nepotism....

it takes multiple generations to kill ignorant mindsets. If the ignorance ever dies, that is.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

That is what I find funny, that she is already setting her son to take her place for next 40 years to come until he comes around and set his own son or daughter.

That needs to stop.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I don't know how old you are or how big you are in politics but if you are a resident of the town you should be running for office next against Davis position.

just kidding.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

That picture is hilarious! There are many more that people have put together. I like this one...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Good one!!
Oh wow, my imagination is poking at my skull......a Jewish doctor telling a just-delivered maternity patient she MUST let her newborn son's penis be mutilated?

bleh. yuckkhkk....
Glad you appreciated the pic. I thought it was great.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Love the Amish DMV clerk.

I am not supportive in anyway to accomodate belief in a job.

There are too many people out of work. If you can't do your job, quit.

One job I had, my boss had both a mistress and a wife. Both who used to show up unannounced.

None of my business, as long as I wasn't required to do something illegal.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
First, you could simply go to another county. I mean, if it is well known how she is, then circumvent and find another way if it is that important. She will be dealt with eventually but you can at least get on with your life. Similar to choosing a different baker. If I was a same sex couple I would have driven to a neighboring county and had a dart board with her picture on it at the reception. Case Closed....remember I am not defending her actions in any way. To me it is about the federal government setting rules where they should not.

An elected position is a job just like any other. Again, there is no difference between her and the baker in the eyes of the SCOTUS ruling. Difference is that there would need to be a vote in the local county commission and she is gone. In fact, that would be a vote producer for them all in the next election.

Remember also, this is not the only county either that is not producing the license. I would think there could be a State vs Federal government argument soon also.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

First, you could simply go to another county.

If I went down to get a firearms permit and the jackwad there denied me for some personal reason I would make sure they get a huge, metaphorical kick in the nuts to remind them how the Constitution functions. I should not have to be inconvenienced, even in the smallest amount, to exercise my Constitutional rights.

An elected position is a job just like any other. Again, there is no difference between her and the baker in the eyes of the SCOTUS ruling.

There is a huge Constitutional difference between Saint Kimberly the Incarcerated and a non-government employee.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join