It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Are you guys seriously still arguing about this? Sheesh.
She is wrong, her actions are indefensible and she's been punished.
What is left to say, honestly?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Once again your arguments have been debunked time and time again in this thread, probably in the first 10 pages of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
Are you guys seriously still arguing about this? Sheesh.
She is wrong, her actions are indefensible and she's been punished.
What is left to say, honestly?

We still have a few trying to "Out Christian" the other christians, as well as to continue to scream at us heathens that we are oppressing St. Kimmy's religious freedom.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
In court she has said that because of her religious beliefs she cannot perform her duties yet Davis has said she also will not resign from the $80,000 per year job.

There may be a bit of greed involved here as well. If it isn't greed then it is pretty clear that she is using her position to dictate her religious beliefs to others.

OH well. the type of contempt of court she is being held in jail for completely depends on her. She will be released from jail just as soon as she does the job she was elected to do or resigns. If she does neither then it is only a matter of time until the state legislature has to remove her from office even if it is reluctantly.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Had to, sorry

edit on 5/9/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Had to, sorry

Bwahaha..... Oh hell yeah - hypocrisy, don't you just love it?
edit on 5-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Had to, sorry

Even more scary I was doing research on my social science paper concerning the "World Wide Shortage of Clothing for Females", and I think in one place, she was shown as an example.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels
a reply to: BubbaJoe

This is just a personal observation, not scientific or anything but she has a pair of really mean eyes on her, I mean like Satan mean eyes (pun intended)!

Anyhoo, carry on

edit on 5/9/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I mentioned earlier in the thread, that she had Michelle Bachman eyes, someone else's comment was "Yeah, Bat Crap Crazy"

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well it is out:

The attorneys for Kim Davis, stated that they are going to appeal her court case. There are only 2 courts that can over rule this judges ruling. And the thing about such, is that as long as there is legal precedent on the part of the judge, and that her rights were ensured, there is a very slim chance that they higher courts will over turn this ruling. If they next court rules against her, then the only other court that, will have to agree to hear the case. And the last time they refused to hear her appeal. In short, she could be there a very long time, or she may have to resign from her position.

What her attorneys are hoping to do, is force the courts to either release her or fine her. As long as they do not fine her, then ultimately she is there and her followers can pay her fines.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

and here's Kentucky's legislature sitting on their collective asses.....I will say this again....it's not her....

Well, I do agree with the legislature's statement that it would be costly to taxpayers just to convene to impeach this cretin. She is in jail, the licenses are being signed and they can deal with her in January after her little vacation.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: jimmyx

and here's Kentucky's legislature sitting on their collective asses.....I will say this again....it's not her....

Well, I do agree with the legislature's statement that it would be costly to taxpayers just to convene to impeach this cretin. She is in jail, the licenses are being signed and they can deal with her in January after her little vacation.

That's my opinion also.

Cheaper on the tax payers to keep her in jail until her term is up.

But, does she get to run for election again? What if she runs and wins?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I couldnt help myself , its a man baby !

edit on 5-9-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
I couldnt help myself , its a man baby !

You are an evil Sith. And I admire you for that picture! Lol!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

it would be cheaper if she wasn't getting paid her $80,000 salary while she was there...
is she?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Its her job as a county clerk to give out marriage licenses. By refusing to do so she is violating someones rights by law. So she deserves jail time. She should just have quit her job. Now she is fired and going to jail for violating the law. Way to go! Stupid!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Annee

it would be cheaper if she wasn't getting paid her $80,000 salary while she was there...
is she?

I'm sure she is.

But, how much will an impeachment trial cost?

There's a reason for settling out of court.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Its her job as a county clerk to give out marriage licenses. By refusing to do so she is violating someones rights by law. So she deserves jail time. She should just have quit her job. Now she is fired and going to jail for violating the law. Way to go! Stupid!

She can not be fired.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Depends on the reasons they got divorced. if it was for the biblical reasons that excuse it its not hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: MrWendal

Putting this women in jail does NOTHING to solve the problem.

Yes it does actually.... it sends out a message to anyone who thinks they can flout or corrupt the law to their own ignorant and bigoted viewpoint. It says NO this will not be tolerated.

I think it achieves way more than you give it credit for.

She had choices... she CHOSE jail.

As I linked in this thread, the State of Kentucky's own Police departments State wide are in violation of the law. As being reported in February, roughly 40% of the State's Police Departments are not filing any paperwork regarding the money and property they have taken under Civil Forfeiture Asset laws. Which is in violation of the law.

So would you call this a mixed message?

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join