It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
Your man made religious books are funny...
Especially funny when you cherry pick what is right or wrong..

Not just christians but all..

Not picking READ IT it States who and what its for if you actually try.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Missed your answer on the ot and the 10 commandments.

If the ot isn't for Christians do they not have to follow those?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Kim's lawyer compared her to the Jews living in Nazi Germany.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Despicable

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Licenses have been handed out now.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Her son has refused so should be either in Jail or fired.

edit on 5-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well that's good. I'm glad.

I asked a Christian friend of mine what she thought about it and she said that she stand with her for her right.

I realized what she meant. Yes she does have the right but she have to be prepared for the consequences. She has the right to buy a ticket to jail.

But anyway if any Christian government employee is uncomfortable they can just simply resign.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I think it is a scam anyhow she is after making money.
She will of course selling a book to other fundies.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I think it is a scam anyhow she is after making money.

Well she certainly isn't the first and she's most certainly not the last.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Just read a very valid point on this on Facebook.

Imagine she'd refused to sell/license someone a handgun on religious grounds.

I wonder what kind of arguments would be put forward by those who are defending her and saying she is being persecuted to justify that?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I wonder what kind of arguments would be put forward by those who are defending her and saying she is being persecuted to justify that?

Oh yeah. I have stated that NRA would be all over her.

But yeah what would they say? 2nd amendment and all that crap. It wouldn't go well.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This women does not need to be put in jail.

For all of those who are applauding this Judge ...SHAME ON YOU!! THIS is the problem with our Judicial System.

Again- here we have a person who is being put into jail for a crime that has harmed no one. She refused to do her job- fire her. Replace her. But don't put her in jail with people who have committed REAL crimes that have REAL victims.

And before anyone spouts off about homophobia or bias and any such nonsense, I do not agree with what this women did. I fully support same sex marriage. That being said, what this women has done is not really a crime. What she has done has not harmed any one. It has been a massive inconvenience to those who wished to get married, but she didn't assault anyone. She did not harm anyone. There is no real victim thus no real crime. What she is guilty of is not doing her job.... so fire her and get someone who will.

But Jail?? Please... this is turning into more of a pissing contest than anything else.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

This women does not need to be put in jail.

She did that to herself. Nobody else.

She refused to do her job- fire her.

I guess you didn't really read this thread and the memo. They CAN NOT fire her.

But Jail?? Please... this is turning into more of a pissing contest than anything else.

She is the one who is doing the pissing contest.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Just read a very valid point on this on Facebook.

In my case I would say the exact same thing....

FIRE HER... dont jail her.

I believe people have a right to work, but you do not have the right to refuse to do the job you are being paid to do. To me this whole thing would be like a Muslim women becoming a stripper, then refusing to strip because it's against her religious beliefs.

If the job you have goes against your religious beliefs, the choice is simple. Get a new job that is in line with your beliefs, or do the job you're paid to do and stfu.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

She was given every chance to resign and or do her job she choose not to.
She can not be fired btw.
The victims are the people denied the chance to marry because she choose to break the law.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I guess you didn't really read this thread and the memo. They CAN NOT fire her.

Yes she is an elected Official. I know.

Guess what?? Even a person who is elected can be stripped of whatever authority they have been granted by the same will of the people that elected them to that Office.

edit on 5-9-2015 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

FIRE HER... dont jail her.

I do not understand why people don't understand that they can't fire government employees.

If the job you have goes against your religious beliefs, the choice is simple. Get a new job that is in line with your beliefs, or do the job you're paid to do and stfu.

Yep. Two choices. Go to jail or resign.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

She was given every chance to resign and or do her job she choose not to.
She can not be fired btw.
The victims are the people denied the chance to marry because she choose to break the law.

I do not define "victim" as a person who has been inconvenienced. So to me, they are not "victims".

as far a snot being able to be fired, I call nonsense. Maybe "fired" is not the correct word to use, but you can not tell me there is absolutely no process to remove a person from an elected position. That idea is ridiculous. There is a process, you just have to find it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal
There is no real victim thus no real crime.

Try telling that to gay people who wanted to get married in her county and have had their civil liberties refused up until now - despite a supreme court ruling in their favour - on the grounds of "belief".

Or, let me put it another way - pick any thing you take for granted that the law allows you to do.

Now stop doing it because someone else thinks that people with your first name shouldn't on the grounds of belief. Just your name mind - your neighbour is fine, anyone without the same first name as you is ok. But you..Jesus said no.

How would that feel? Would you not be a victim?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

but you can not tell me there is absolutely no process to remove a person from an elected position. That idea is ridiculous. There is a process, you just have to find it.

Yep that's called impeachment That won't happen until January and even then they will have to vote.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I do not understand why people don't understand that they can't fire government employees.

Really? A Mailman is a Government employee. Can they be fired? Yes they can.

She is an elected Official. There is plenty of legal precedence to remove a person from an elected position.

Let us use logic for a second. If an elected Official could not be "fired" or removed from the Office they hold- how do you explain Sheriffs who have been removed from their Office?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

A Mailman is a Government employee. Can they be fired? Yes they can.

Bad comparison. They are no longer employees of the government (been like 20 years).

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join