It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a priceless example of how ignorance is celebrated here now-a-days.

Happens every Sunday all across this nation. They even sing and dance about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Um, I believe she's well within her oath to uphold the Constitution.

Um, you'd be wrong too.

Government provides equal protection under the law so denying someone a legal service and ignoring their civil Rights would be against the constitution.

Thank you for playing though. NEXT..............
edit on 4-9-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Two observations:

1) It apparently is okay for elected officials to ignore the laws when they have the liberal ideology and social lemming media behind them. No one went to jail for refusing to enforce DOMA, DADT, Immigration Laws, etc.

2) SCOTUS rulings do not rewrite state laws. Judges are neither legislators nor executives. They can strike down state marriage laws, as was done with recent rulings (erroneously and via pure judicial activism, but there is no easy recourse against that.) Has Kentucky passed new marriage or civil union laws yet? What law is this country clerk being told to enforce?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a priceless example of how ignorance is celebrated here now-a-days.

Happens every Sunday all across this nation. They even sing and dance about it.

Wow...you sure zinged me with that one! More hate for another's beliefs...more insults. The same crap you chastise when it happens to others. So feel free to continue handing out your version of freedoms to only those you decide you agree with, and withhold it from those you don't. It makes you special.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Section 228 of the Kentucky Constitution, oath of officers and attorneys:

Members of the General Assembly and all officers, before they enter upon the execution of the duties of their respective offices, and all members of the bar, before they enter upon the practice of their profession, shall take the following oath or affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of ——————— according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God."

Source

Oath of clerk and deputies: Every clerk and deputy, in addition to the oath prescribed by Section 228 of the Constitution, shall, before entering on the duties of his office, take the following oath in presence of the Circuit Court:

“I, _____, do swear that I will well and truly discharge the duties of the office of _____ County Circuit Court clerk, according to the best of my skill and judgment, making the due entries and records of all orders, judgments, decrees, opinions and proceedings of the court, and carefully filing and preserving in my office all books and papers which come to my possession by virtue of my office; and that I will not knowingly or willingly commit any malfeasance of office, and will faithfully execute the duties of my office without favor, affection or partiality, so help me God.”

Source
(Bolding mine)

R u smarter than a 5th grader? Both of the oaths she took, she swore to adhere to them, "so help me God". In the first oath, she swore, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of ——————— according to law; Not her religious beliefs, but the law.

In the second oath she swore, and that I will not knowingly or willingly commit any malfeasance of office, and will faithfully execute the duties of my office without favor, affection or partiality, so help me God.” Again, not her religious beliefs, but without favor, affection, or partiality.

This is as simple as it gets folks. She took an oath and now wants to ignore that oath, in favor of her beliefs. If she wishes to proselytize, that is not part of her job description. She asked God to help her perform the duties she was elected to, not dictate the duties she will or will not perform.

This woman is the type of Christian that gives the rest of us a bad name. She is a liar and a homophobe. She is twisting the bible and using it to put forth her uneducated and hateful form of beliefs. If she can't or won't perform the duties she swore to uphold, resign.

We have candidates who are supporting her for standing up. Just shows me they will not stand up for the rule of law.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
She just might have a change of heart after her time in the slammer.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Two observations:

1) It apparently is okay for elected officials to ignore the laws when they have the liberal ideology and social lemming media behind them. No one went to jail for refusing to enforce DOMA, DADT, Immigration Laws, etc.

2) SCOTUS rulings do not rewrite state laws. Judges are neither legislators nor executives. They can strike down state marriage laws, as was done with recent rulings (erroneously and via pure judicial activism, but there is no easy recourse against that.) Has Kentucky passed new marriage or civil union laws yet? What law is this country clerk being told to enforce?

She wasn't told to enforce anything, she was told to do her job and issue marriage licenses to any two people that were entitled to be married. This included same sex couples as the one man - one woman kentucky law had been ruled unconstitutional.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: DarthFazer
Three words only describe this woman

Bat sh1t crazy !

If her religion conflicts with doing her job she had no business being clerk period.

OMG She has Michelle Bachman eyes, FMTT

A cold look in to the abyss of insanity indeed

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

And in the first oath, The Constitution of the United States is listed first, point, set, match.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Two observations:

1) Kim Davis was elected as a Democrat. This thread is full of "lefties" condemning her. Not so many Righties ( 'cause then they'd be defending a Dem...can't do that) , mostly Xtians and those confused with constitutional law.

2) She's not been told to enforce anything, she's been told to do the job the people elected her to do and which she swore an oath to.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I suppose you would support anti inter-racial marriage laws as well, all of the arguments are the same?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector

Unfortunately with christians, they support both the bible and the constitution and have read neither. They only know what their preachers and Faux news have told them.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This was a very well written post, and I know I have made some pretty hardcore comments against christianity, but please know I do not include all christians in those rants. As I said earlier, I have been fortunate to know some very good people of many religions as well as non believers.

edit on 9/4/2015 by BubbaJoe because: spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Fantastic news, all hail the USA, land of free speech and religion, how dare she uphold her religious beliefs the silly mare....to the stocks with her, tally ho

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Thanks for pointing that out. Missed it.

Thanks also for clarifying your position.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
Fantastic news, all hail the USA, land of free speech and religion, how dare she uphold her religious beliefs the silly mare....to the stocks with her, tally ho

Under our Constitution she is not allowed to do that, so the silly mare sits in the slammer.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I have had some pretty bad experiences with fundi congregations, and realize I should not take it out on everyone that proclaims to be christian. I have known some good christian folks, and that I will not deny. But the fundis drove me away from anything to do with it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Fantastic news, all hail the USA, land of free speech and religion, how dare she uphold her religious beliefs the silly mare....

So someone who has a "religious belief" that blacks are just animals and should not be served, or has a religious belief that women are 4th class citizens and should not speak unless spoken to, following those beliefs is fine by you?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Fantastic news, all hail the USA, land of free speech and religion, how dare she uphold her religious beliefs the oath she swore when elected by the people. silly mare....to the stocks with her, tally ho

/sarcasm

I foresee no headway here.....

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

No, I'm agreeing, what right does she have to express herself and uphold the values she has known all her life, it's just not politically correct in this modern day society.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join