It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
Three words only describe this woman

Bat sh1t crazy !

If her religion conflicts with doing her job she had no business being clerk period.

OMG She has Michelle Bachman eyes, FMTT

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Connector

God forgives the victims of Satan.

Ya that seems to the go to, for fudie Xtians and mega church Pastors.

Don't forget Josh Duggar

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: BubbaJoe

As I said to those opposing her and her decision, the feds have no business in this matter according to the first amendment to the constitution, nor the 10th, nor the 9th and 14th if history is served.

Ignore history and I guess you could make a case for giraffe marries dwarf man and owes 3 million child support based upon reality television losses from series cancellation due divorce.

This is how crazy this crap gets - is that what you call freedom - is that what you want youre federal government to regulate?

That's just were this is going no matter what the supporters tell you.

That is simply and straightforwardly insane. It is exaggeration of a level ... that I have no word to describe. I realize this is your opinion, and I respect your right to speak it, but that doesn't change the fact that your words are, by any common measure of reality ... Not Real.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

And now...ATS decides that trying to force her to oppose her religious beliefs, jailing her instead of just firing her wasn't enough. Lets make fun of her for following her religion. Yet again...a priceless example of how ignorance is celebrated here now-a-days.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Yet again...a priceless example of how ignorance is celebrated here now-a-days.

I agree, religions are ignorance personified!

Her personal bible must have left out John 13:34!
edit on 4-9-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well when you say that you hold these firm believes and then don't have a track record to back it up, people are going to say something.
You have no problem doing it with politicians, what makes this lady different.

No one is trying to oppose her beliefs, we just want here not to use the gov to push it on other people.
I know you are all for freedom, who is this lady to tell two consenting adults they can't get married?
Where is the personal liberty there for the two she is denying.
edit on thFri, 04 Sep 2015 20:08:02 -0500America/Chicago920150280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Yes, Federal Judges have all the power seemingly and that's the rub for me when this really is a states right issue or first amendment right issue.

The judge is out of bounds here.

The only person out of bounds is Kim Davis for wanting to push her religion down the throat of others.
The Right wing Christians would be livid if some Buddhist bureaucrat wanted to stop gun registration for religious reasons.

Your defense of this fool also reflects on you....Kim as well as you know that religion has no place in the State or Federal bureaucracy.

I have been arguing muslim, jewish, and hindu bureaucrats since about page 13 of this thread. Facts will never be acknowledged by this crowd.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Knowing she couldn't do her job, why didn't she just resign? Hmmm? I know if I had a job that required me to do something I didn't want to, I would just quit. Why didn't she just quit? Because she wanted to control what happened in her county. That's a little different than just not wanting to do something against her religion. She thought she could rule over her county and stop same sex marriage there. That was her goal. Queen Kim Davis - ruler of her Kentucky county.

Since she has to be impeached and not just fired, she thought that because impeachment proceedings typically take so long, that she she could continue to stop same sex marriage in her county in the meantime. Nice try, but the judge was on to her, hence the jail sentence. Sorry, her county is not a theocracy, she doesn't get to rule over it. She doesn't get to decide that same sex marriage licenses aren't gonna happen in her county.

She took a job with one set of rules and the rules were changed. She decided not to. She should have been fired for her religious beliefs. I guess no one had the guts to do that...so she was put in jail. Think about that. No one had the guts to tell her that she was fired BECAUSE OF HER RELIGIOUS BELIEFS. So they put her in jail.

You don't see any problem there I guess??? Amazing. And by the way...I don't believe in God and am not religious. Just pointing out something that was wrong.

She has been in the job for 27 years, I am sure more than 1 thing has changed in that time. She has no rights to force her religious beliefs upon anyone (except her minor children), and regardless she is required to do her job. She was also refusing marriage licenses to traditional couples, and had demanded her deputies do the same. She was violating the rights of others.

The government, who is her employer hired her with a certain understanding of what she was supposed to do. The government changed the rules and this conflicted with her religious beliefs. They changed the rules...I believe they should have said "sorry...we changed the details of your job and you are no longer able to do the job...you're fired". Instead, they told her do it or else (ie. the judge) and then jailed her for not doing the job. When someone refuses to do a job, even for religious reasons they should be fired not jailed. If a shelf stocker refuses to stock the shelves, you fire them...you don't say "you should quit" and then jail them for not stocking shelves. You only believe it is OK to jail someone who won't do their job, when you wish to force them against their will to do the job. That is wrong. Fire them...that is what happens every day someone decides not to do their job.

She was told to do something new that was against her religious beliefs and since she didn't, they jailed her for refusing to break her religious beliefs. Prove that statement wrong...or don't argue.

As posted numerous times, she is an elected official, she CANNOT be fired only impeached. She should have stepped down when she found out " the new rules" job conflicted with her beliefs. BTW There are no new rules....her job is simple and laid out, follow the laws of the court and issue licenses, as an elected official is elected to do

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That's a great inference to how public officials should act, I give you credit for that, under that criteria Obama should submit all his school records and Hillary should provide 100% email access because as public officials they have no right to privacy as they have taken the oath.

Um, I believe she's well within her oath to uphold the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Which she is not doing....

link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

Oh this is sweet, show me how any of those amendments are federal powers - please do so I am so ready for that.

How sad is it that 2 people starred your post.

Yes constitutional amendments are federal. They come from the federal government they were voted on and ratified by federal government and when they are breached they wind up in federal court.

Here are a few links for you.

James Madison on How to Enforce the Constitution

The Constitutional Amendment Process

The Question of States' Rights: The Constitution and American Federalism (An Introduction)

BTW you had listed the 10th amendment but it seems you didn't acually know what the 10th amendment said here let me show you.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

It expresses the principle of federalism, which undergirds the entire plan of the original Constitution, by stating that the federal government possesses only those powers delegated to it by the Constitution. All remaining powers are reserved for the states or the people. In drafting this amendment, its framers had two purposes in mind: first, as a necessary rule of construction; and second, as a reaffirmation of the nature of the federal system.

Yes that means that constitutional rights are federal.

link   

And now...ATS decides that trying to force her to oppose her religious beliefs, jailing her instead of just firing her wasn't enough. Lets make fun of her for following her religion. Yet again...a priceless example of how ignorance is celebrated here now-a-days.

No ATS has decided to fight back against the ignorance and hatred that has been displayed in this thread. She is not being asked to oppose her beliefs, or not worship as she sees fit, she is being asked to do her job. You can't blame the federal judge or ATS for her not being fired, her own governor has refused to call a special session of the legislature to impeach her. This is not a christian country and because you believe in 2000 year old fairy tales, it doesn't mean we all do. Yet we are all American citizens and have rights, and "teh gays" do as well. I hope this sorry a$$ed county employee rots in the hell I do not believe exists.
edit on 9/4/2015 by BubbaJoe because: brain faster than fingers

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

That's a great inference to how public officials should act, I give you credit for that, under that criteria Obama should submit all his school records and Hillary should provide 100% email access because as public officials they have no right to privacy as they have taken the oath.

What oath requires revelations of college records or emails?

What oath requires that marriage certificates be issued when adult couples meet the legal requirements?

The answer to one of these questions is not like the other.

One actually has an answer, the one taken by a Clerk of Court in Kentucky.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well when you say that you hold these firm believes and then don't have a track record to back it up, people are going to say something.
You have no problem doing it with politicians, what makes this lady different.

No one is trying to oppose her beliefs, we just want here no to use the gov to push it on other people.
I know you are all for freedom, who is this lady to tell two consenting adults they can't get married?
Where is the personal liberty there for the two she is denying.

I understand your frustration and where you are coming from. But you are twisting the truth when you say she is forcing anything. She is refusing to do something herself, not forcing someone else to do something. She is also not denying them anything except for it being her...and just her that won't do it.

Again...she deserved to be fired. I couldn't agree more. She did not deserve to be given a choice of breaking her beliefs or being jailed. That was wrong.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

No ATS has decided to fight back against the ignorance and hatred that has been displayed in this thread. She is not being asked to oppose her beliefs, or not worship as she sees fit, she is being asked to do her job. You can't blame the federal judge or ATS for her not being fired, her own governor has refused to call a special session of the legislature to impeach her. This is not a christian country and because you believe in 2000 year old fairy tales, it doesn't mean we all do. Yet we are all American citizens and have rights, and "teh gays" do as well. I hope this sorry a$$ed county employee rots in the hell I do not believe exists.

HAAAAA! That is great. She is ignorant and full of hatred (to basically quote you) but you hope she "rots in hell". Wouldn't that be...ummmmmm....hate? And just to be clear...I don't believe in God and dislke religion. But I call foul when something is wrong. Jailing her was wrong. Firing her would have been right. But why argue with someone with as much hatred of another as you apparently have.
edit on 9/4/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

No she is not upholding the Constitution, she is denying others their rights. If marriage in this country didn't hold so many financial and security benefits, I would agree with you. But why should gay couples have less benefits than straight couples, when all men are created equal.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wiki

Her own words when she won the election....

Davis won the Democratic Party primary,[13] and advanced to the general election against Republican John Cox.[15] She defeated Cox in the general election.[16][17] Following her election, Davis told the Morehead News,

"My words can never express the appreciation but I promise to each and every one that I will be the very best working clerk that I can be and will be a good steward of their tax dollars and follow the statutes of this office to the letter."[1]

edit on 4-9-2015 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ms Davis did not merely exercise her faith she demanded that her staff break the law because of her faith.

The scriptures of her faith specifically command her to follow her oaths and to obey the magistrates.

She has broken both temporal law and spiritual law.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

HAAAAA! That is great. She is ignorant and full of hatred (to basically quote you) but you hope she "rots in hell". Wouldn't that be...ummmmmm....hate? And just to be clear...I don't believe in God and dislke religion. But I call foul when something is wrong. Jailing her was wrong. Firing her would have been right. But why argue with someone with as much hatred of another as you apparently have.

If you read what I wrote, I never said that she was ignorant or full of hate, this thread has been, especially in the early pages. I think she is very sad woman, and deserves whatever awaits her at the end of her life, for me that is my ashes scattered on a body of water. My hatred extends from one human being denying another their rights, if that is something you can't understand, you deserve whatever awaits you at the end of your life.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I said push not force.
She is using her job to push her beliefs on people.
She is 100% denying them the right to marry, no and ifs or buts about it. They came in to get married, she said she wouldn't do it, ergo they were denied.
She has zero ground to stand on, she sinned just as much as these guys will in her eyes, who is she to tell someone to not do something.

She did not deserve to be given a choice of breaking her beliefs or being jailed.

She has had that choice from day one, she can resign.
No one is stopping her from doing that.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join