It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Yes, Federal Judges have all the power seemingly and that's the rub for me when this really is a states right issue or first amendment right issue.

The judge is out of bounds here.

No this is really just an issue of Not allowing someone to deny civil rights to others because they believe in stupid sh*t. It's really that simple.

You see just because someone believes they are God's hand of Judgement here on earth doesn't make it true. In fact whatever their beliefs are really mean jack sh*t when it comes to them obeying the law. Therefore regardless of what this woman believes, it doesn't change the fact that she must obey the law.

Cry all you want, kick and scream about it, but that's how it is. We are a nation of Man's Laws and they apply to us all regardless of what we think about them. Everyone's fantasy worlds that exist only in their heads, along with whatever psychopathic Gods they choose to believe really mean nothing in this case.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

State laws not being able to supersede federal laws is a basic premise, but there are so many that do not get it.

The MJ issue clouds the issue for many on that though. If federal wanted to shut it down they could they just allow it to continue.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Agreed. I can't wait for real life Matrix-type mind downloads. People could then live in their own little realities where everything is just the way they want it and everyone agrees with them all the time.

I think though, people would find it very boring and unsatisfying though...

In a way people are already trying to live that way now. Read only what they agree with, befriend only those who agree with them, watch only what they agree with, indoctrinate their children with their beliefs...

The world doesn't function to well when everyone isolates themselves into their own little fantasy realities and denounces everyone else's.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

As I said to those opposing her and her decision, the feds have no business in this matter according to the first amendment to the constitution, nor the 10th, nor the 9th and 14th if history is served.

Ignore history and I guess you could make a case for giraffe marries dwarf man and owes 3 million child support based upon reality television losses from series cancellation due divorce.

This is how crazy this crap gets - is that what you call freedom - is that what you want youre federal government to regulate?

That's just were this is going no matter what the supporters tell you.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So a women who has been married and divorced 4 times (against the teachings of Christ), became pregnant with twins from a man other then her husband ( against the teaching of Christ) , has somehow become the rallying point for the sanctity of biblical marriage? Lol.... we have to be living in a simulation

Here's a simple tweet that sums it up properly and legally

~ETA~ I haven't studied the bible in depth, but shouldn't she be stoned to death or something for cheating on her husband, instead of jail?
edit on 4-9-2015 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: MystikMushroom

State laws not being able to supersede federal laws is a basic premise, but there are so many that do not get it.

The MJ issue clouds the issue for many on that though. If federal wanted to shut it down they could they just allow it to continue.

I am an old guy, but think I will see that point in my life. It is coming, too much money to made to deny it many more years.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

As I said to those opposing her and her decision, the feds have no business in this matter according to the first amendment to the constitution, nor the 10th, nor the 9th and 14th if history is served.

Ignore history and I guess you could make a case for giraffe marries dwarf man and owes 3 million child support based upon reality television losses from series cancellation due divorce.

This is how crazy this crap gets - is that what you call freedom - is that what you want youre federal government to regulate?

That's just were this is going no matter what the supporters tell you.

She used her personal religious beliefs to deny someone else their rights, and she is a government official. That in and of itself violates the first, no state sanctioned religion.

What is really interesting is you don't even know what state we are talking about and I have a degree in history, and study it extensively.

I value my freedom, and that includes not have some fat a$$ed county clerk tell me I can't marry my boyfriend if I want to.

I am perfectly happy being a heterosexual male, but when I have some guy tell me he has to leave the orgy we are all involved in early, so his wife can teach Sunday school in the morning, I have issues.

True story

edit on 9/4/2015 by BubbaJoe because: Because I am tired of dealing with idiots

edit on 9/4/2015 by BubbaJoe because: tired of the hypocrisy

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

HAHA The 1st, 9th, 10th, and 14th are all granted by federal powers, but you claim the feds have no buisness in this matter.

Oh the irony of your posts.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector

God forgives the victims of Satan.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Oh this is sweet, show me how any of those amendments are federal powers - please do so I am so ready for that.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yes, Federal Judges have all the power seemingly and that's the rub for me when this really is a states right issue or first amendment right issue.

The judge is out of bounds here.

The only person out of bounds is Kim Davis for wanting to push her religion down the throat of others.
The Right wing Christians would be livid if some Buddhist bureaucrat wanted to stop gun registration for religious reasons.

Your defense of this fool also reflects on you....Kim as well as you know that religion has no place in the State or Federal bureaucracy.

edit on 4-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

God forgives the victims of Satan.

Ya that seems to the go to, for fudie Xtians and mega church Pastors.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
seems to me she's exercising her constitutional rights as a citizen and an elected official.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Three words only describe this woman

Bat sh1t crazy !

If her religion conflicts with doing her job she had no business being clerk period.
edit on 4-9-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

She is a born again Christian. So I guess since she sinned before and was absolved for it, she needs to stop people from doing it.
/shrug

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

Oh my gosh! Fantastic.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you had read the article I posted earlier about just that comparison you'd maybe believe differently,

Just Unfriend Me Now

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

seems to me she's exercising her constitutional rights as a citizen and an elected official.

She has no constitutional rights as an elected official, they are defined by her oath of office, much like folks in the military. Her rights as a citizen have not been infringed in any way, she is still free to practice her religion as she sees fit.

What folks don't seem to understand, is that once you take an oath, either as an elected official or a member of the military, the rules change.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

That link doesn't work.
What is it to?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Knowing she couldn't do her job, why didn't she just resign? Hmmm? I know if I had a job that required me to do something I didn't want to, I would just quit. Why didn't she just quit? Because she wanted to control what happened in her county. That's a little different than just not wanting to do something against her religion. She thought she could rule over her county and stop same sex marriage there. That was her goal. Queen Kim Davis - ruler of her Kentucky county.

Since she has to be impeached and not just fired, she thought that because impeachment proceedings typically take so long, that she she could continue to stop same sex marriage in her county in the meantime. Nice try, but the judge was on to her, hence the jail sentence. Sorry, her county is not a theocracy, she doesn't get to rule over it. She doesn't get to decide that same sex marriage licenses aren't gonna happen in her county.

She took a job with one set of rules and the rules were changed. She decided not to. She should have been fired for her religious beliefs. I guess no one had the guts to do that...so she was put in jail. Think about that. No one had the guts to tell her that she was fired BECAUSE OF HER RELIGIOUS BELIEFS. So they put her in jail.

You don't see any problem there I guess??? Amazing. And by the way...I don't believe in God and am not religious. Just pointing out something that was wrong.

She has been in the job for 27 years, I am sure more than 1 thing has changed in that time. She has no rights to force her religious beliefs upon anyone (except her minor children), and regardless she is required to do her job. She was also refusing marriage licenses to traditional couples, and had demanded her deputies do the same. She was violating the rights of others.

The government, who is her employer hired her with a certain understanding of what she was supposed to do. The government changed the rules and this conflicted with her religious beliefs. They changed the rules...I believe they should have said "sorry...we changed the details of your job and you are no longer able to do the job...you're fired". Instead, they told her do it or else (ie. the judge) and then jailed her for not doing the job. When someone refuses to do a job, even for religious reasons they should be fired not jailed. If a shelf stocker refuses to stock the shelves, you fire them...you don't say "you should quit" and then jail them for not stocking shelves. You only believe it is OK to jail someone who won't do their job, when you wish to force them against their will to do the job. That is wrong. Fire them...that is what happens every day someone decides not to do their job.

She was told to do something new that was against her religious beliefs and since she didn't, they jailed her for refusing to break her religious beliefs. Prove that statement wrong...or don't argue.
edit on 9/4/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join