It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Look, I'm about as far from leftist as one can get, I'm a Christian who gets enough crap from the folks here on ATS. . .

but the lady violated the US Constitution by imposing a specific religious doctrine to her government duties. She's a public servant who is supposed to serve ALL the people.

And she didn't.

Now while I'm sick of all the Christian bashing that goes on here (about ready to leave here, to be honest) this lady did wrong.

You can admire here faith, but what she did was wrong.

Thank you Beez, we don't agree often, but will star you on this one.

link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

No it didn't. You just put that shoe on and ran to town.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

What has your comment got to do with the constitution?

The Constitution was written by church going people....I don't know.

Well, there you have it.

Have you ever read the Constitution by any chance? Perhaps even the Bill of Rights?

Here's a hint, Jesus and God don't appear in it.

They weren't writing it for Jesus or God, they were writing it for the people.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a gov't job that requires me to do something I belief is wrong just isn't worth it to me I am sorry to say!!! they can take the job, I'll find another way to make the money if I feel that strongly about it!

Yay. See how simple that was. How easily the logic flowed through you in figuring that out. You don't agree with the job, so you go find a different one.

That's all this woman has to do too but instead wants the job to conform to what she wants. Maybe you should go tell her about how you'd deal with it, because she's not getting it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

but well she was just obeying what the bible said when she stoned the kid, how was that wrong??

or are we picking and chosing what we wish to believe that the bible says?

but I of agree with EternalSolace. it wouldn't have hurt to have the legislators brought in to resolve this.

Not picking and choosing anything. There are two parts to the Bible. The Old Testament and the New Testament. The "New" Testament is a revision of the Old one, and started anew. Jesus was the "new" covenant,what you speak of is in the Old Testament.

So the Old Testament is null and void then?

Why is it still included in your God's Book?

Also, your point of view is not generally accepted except when someone wants to try and sidestep the horror show that is Genesis through Malachi, so, talk to your brethren and sistren, not the rational folks.

The Old Testament is indeed, null and void. It is there for historical knowledge only, and to remind people of the past, so that they will not be doomed to repeat it in their future.

According to who or what? Are you speaking on your own authority?

How do you square that comment with

Jesus: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Matthew 24:35

Since Jesus and YHVH are really the same "person," and Jesus clearly says that no words of the Father or the Son or the H. Ghost will pass away, how do you square your declaration that about 2/3 of the Bible is null and void?

Who's right? You or Jesus?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well, there you have it.

Have you ever read the Constitution by any chance? Perhaps even the Bill of Rights?

Here's a hint, Jesus and God don't appear in it.

They weren't writing it for Jesus or God, they were writing it for the people.

Good. I'm glad you know that Jesus isn't the author...

Now have you actually read the Constitution, or not?

I ask because this discussion has a lot to do with a few specific parts of the Constitution ...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

but well she was just obeying what the bible said when she stoned the kid, how was that wrong??

but I of agree with EternalSolace. it wouldn't have hurt to have the legislators brought in to resolve this.

Not picking and choosing anything. There are two parts to the Bible. The Old Testament and the New Testament. The "New" Testament is a revision of the Old one, and started anew. Jesus was the "new" covenant,what you speak of is in the Old Testament.

So the Old Testament is null and void then?

Why is it still included in your God's Book?

Also, your point of view is not generally accepted except when someone wants to try and sidestep the horror show that is Genesis through Malachi, so, talk to your brethren and sistren, not the rational folks.

The Old Testament is indeed, null and void. It is there for historical knowledge only, and to remind people of the past, so that they will not be doomed to repeat it in their future.

According to who or what? Are you speaking on your own authority?

How do you square that comment with

Jesus: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Matthew 24:35

Since Jesus and YHVH are really the same "person," and Jesus clearly says that no words of the Father or the Son or the H. Ghost will pass away, how do you square your declaration that about 2/3 of the Bible is null and void?

I assure you, his words are still there. They haven't gone anywhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Volund
Oh no! I must have hurt people's feelings, not even anyone specific...

History repeats itself and those crying the loudest for punishing others will themselves inevitably be punished themselves. Deal with it.

The only person I see "crying" here is you. You don't have any worthwhile comment to make, so you resort to crying about others crying.

I hope you never find out just how funny "death camps" can be.

What a horrible disgusting statement!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Nice attempted sidestep.

Let's try again.

What about God's words in the Old Testament that you just clearly stated is "null and void."

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

No it didn't. You just put that shoe on and ran to town.

Well then instead of strolling into a thread 17 pages long and making snarky comments, why not add something intelligent to it, as opposed to name calling and labeling the participants that have been here far longer. Any constitutional or legal argument you could possibly make, was refuted in about the first 6 pages of the thread, my first comment was on page 12 after I had read that far, and was about hate and constitutional ignorance that had been displayed thus far. I suppose if I was a radical liberal (Fascist in your words), I could have just gone to page 12 and made my own snarky remarks about evangelical christians, but then is supposed to be a site where discussion actually exists.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
But it's not within the gov't powers to make a call on that anyways....that is what the constitution is saying.
I can do a quick search and find some people who believe that the old testament is just as valid as the new. THAT IS THEIR BELIEF!!!
and the constitution says that they have the right to believe this just as much as others to believe that the old testament is just useful for historical purposes or whatever.
the government can't decide which beliefs are worthy of their acknowledgements and which aren't. but they can, strive to ensure that those beliefs don't infringe or cause harm to others.
so well anyone can believe that god has commanded parents to stone their kids, but the law and the gov't has every right to say no, you can't murder your kids and well, if you do you will be punished. those that believe this I guess could still stone their kids, but then well they will have to pay severely for this and well, the punishment is usually enough for any sane person to decide that god really doesn't want my to inflict such a horrible death on my kids if common sense and compassion doesn't convince them first.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I guess you didn't read all the posts either. You must have missed my first one comparing you all to Nazi Germany. You choose what suits you.

I don't have the time for your extremist ways, reading into things how you like and ignoring the rest.

No, I don't think death camps are funny, but I do think your being arrested after demanding other be arrested is.

All this whining about people breaking the law when you probably break several a day. Simply amazing.

What comes around goes around.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Nice attempted sidestep.

Let's try again.

What about God's words in the Old Testament that you just clearly stated is "null and void."

Well, I can't speak for Jesus himself, but here's a quote from a cool friend of his dad's.

Hebrews 8:6

6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenantd of which he is mediatore is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

edit on 3-9-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

link   

Not picking and choosing anything. There are two parts to the Bible. The Old Testament and the New Testament. The "New" Testament is a revision of the Old one, and the Bible started anew. Jesus was the "new" covenant,what you speak of is in the Old Testament.

Jesus said that the laws of Moses was to be followed as well.

link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Last time I checked divorce and adultery are no no's. Where are her firmly held convictions there.

To be fair, she is a RECENT convert to Christianity and all her divorces happened before she got Jesus.

To me, that's like a woman who has had 3 abortions, finding Jesus, and becoming a rabid anti-abortionist.

It's still hypocritical because Davis thinks HER beliefs should apply to everyone, but she willingly issues marriage licenses to sinners of ALL ilks. That's the hypocrisy. She issues marriage licenses to liars, adulterers, fornicators, etc., and never asks for proof that they live by her beliefs...

To get technical, she really doesn't know for sure about straight couples if they are not outwardly and obviously sinning while they walk in to her office, or at home every day, but she does know for a fact that a gay couple does violate her beliefs.. See how that works now? It is really a very simple deduction... Not popular these days, but it is what it is.

I personally am not a part of what other people do and so I don't judge hoping that I might not also be judged. I wouldn't hope for judgment upon my worst enemy.

I'm sure she is knowingly giving licences to divorced heterosexuals who are remarrying which is adultery according to the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yes written by church going people that said religion has no place in government and that our nation was not founded on any religion.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I guess you didn't read all the posts either. You must have missed my first one comparing you all to Nazi Germany. You choose what suits you.

I don't have the time for your extremist ways, reading into things how you like and ignoring the rest.

No, I don't think death camps are funny, but I do think your being arrested after demanding other be arrested is.

All this whining about people breaking the law when you probably break several a day. Simply amazing.

What comes around goes around.

My extremist ways, hmmmmmm, how would you feel about a Muslim DMV worker denying driver's licenses to women, or a Jewish USDA inspector denying permits to hog farms, your panties would be in a hardcore twist, while I would demand they go to jail or resign. Equality is an interesting concept and doesn't only apply to white heterosexual christians, what an awesome country that we live in.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Not picking and choosing anything. There are two parts to the Bible. The Old Testament and the New Testament. The "New" Testament is a revision of the Old one, and the Bible started anew. Jesus was the "new" covenant,what you speak of is in the Old Testament.

That's cool, I am going to go out on a limb here and say Moses, most likley never stoned anyone in the face...or God would not have chosen him. That would be just another common thug.
edit on 3-9-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
She's probably just a frustrated closet lesbian.

Actually, I'd bet serious cash that she is.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Ah but you fail to understand JEsus said he came to fulfill the law and his sacrifice did and that there shall be a new covenant. SO th e old laws still exist,As a history lesson of where we came from but we don thave to do anything but what jesus said to do in the new covenant as far as Gentiles go.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join