It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I hope someone is paying attention to the judge's orders.

Couple Suing Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Over Marriage Licence Plan to Wed Friday

A couple involved in the lawsuit against the embattled Kentucky clerk who was jailed after refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples said they are looking forward to getting married on Friday and hope they face no problems this time around.

On Thursday afternoon, five of her six deputy clerks said they would issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, after the judge said they too would face fines and jail time if they refused while Davis was being held in contempt of court.

The lone holdout was Davis' own son, Nathan.

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 3-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Volund
So much hate in this thread... from so many that claim to fight hatred.

Spare us and just open the death camps for all the law breakers. I will be here and watch as you are surprised to be hauled off yourself. Hilarious!

You sound like a bunch of fascist whiners hiding under a liberal veneer.

mmmmm popcorn.

They used to haul off people for being communist too remember?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
She was just obeying what the Bible says. How is that wrong?

Because the bible is not the law of this land, and was never intended to be. Some of us don't believe in fairy tales from 2000 years ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I was replying to IlluminatiTechnician post.
ya know,
"She was just obeying what the Bible says. How is that wrong?"

the bible says nothing about not issuing marriage licenses to gay couples, but it does command the parents of disobedient children to take them to the elders to be stoned!

Since I really can't see anyone agreeing that we should allow anyone who believes this to actually stone their kids, I think the reasoning behind his statement is a tad bit off.
although, I might be wrong, but I am wondering if he was being a tad bit sarcastic with the statement to begin with.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Spare us and just open the death camps for all the law breakers. I will be here and watch as you are surprised to be hauled off yourself. Hilarious!

mmmmm popcorn.

17 pages into a thread, and you have nothing to add but to call names, yeah, sounds about right from your side. You have no legal, constitutional or moral ground to stand on, so will call people hateful names, no wonder this country is in such a mess, hope you choke on that popcorn.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Last time I checked divorce and adultery are no no's. Where are her firmly held convictions there.

To be fair, she is a RECENT convert to Christianity and all her divorces happened before she got Jesus.

To me, that's like a woman who has had 3 abortions, finding Jesus, and becoming a rabid anti-abortionist.

It's still hypocritical because Davis thinks HER beliefs should apply to everyone, but she willingly issues marriage licenses to sinners of ALL ilks. That's the hypocrisy. She issues marriage licenses to liars, adulterers, fornicators, etc., and never asks for proof that they live by her beliefs...

To get technical, she really doesn't know for sure about straight couples if they are not outwardly and obviously sinning while they walk in to her office, or at home every day, but she does know for a fact that a gay couple does violate her beliefs.. See how that works now? It is really a very simple deduction... Not popular these days, but it is what it is.

I personally am not a part of what other people do and so I don't judge hoping that I might not also be judged. I wouldn't hope for judgment upon my worst enemy.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

"My side".... you have no clue what side I take, but at least I know how to call a spade when I see one.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

mmmmm popcorn.

What does that make you then? You think death camps are funny.

I don't even think most hardened Nazis would have described the camps as "funny."

Take a look at yourself before you condemn anyone else.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
but well she was just obeying what the bible said when she stoned the kid, how was that wrong??

or are we picking and chosing what we wish to believe that the bible says?

but I of agree with EternalSolace. it wouldn't have hurt to have the legislators brought in to resolve this.

Not picking and choosing anything. There are two parts to the Bible. The Old Testament and the New Testament. The "New" Testament is a revision of the Old one, and the Bible started anew. Jesus was the "new" covenant,what you speak of is in the Old Testament.
edit on 3-9-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

What has your comment got to do with the constitution?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

at least when they haul me off, it will be over something that is worth being hauled off for....

a gov't job that requires me to do something I belief is wrong just isn't worth it to me I am sorry to say!!! they can take the job, I'll find another way to make the money if I feel that strongly about it!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

but well she was just obeying what the bible said when she stoned the kid, how was that wrong??

but I of agree with EternalSolace. it wouldn't have hurt to have the legislators brought in to resolve this.

Not picking and choosing anything. There are two parts to the Bible. The Old Testament and the New Testament. The "New" Testament is a revision of the Old one, and started anew. Jesus was the "new" covenant,what you speak of is in the Old Testament.

So the Old Testament is null and void then?

Why is it still included in your God's Book?

Also, your point of view is not generally accepted except when someone wants to try and sidestep the horror show that is Genesis through Malachi, so, talk to your brethren and sistren, not the rational folks.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

The Constitution was written by church going people....I don't know.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

even that is debated among the christian community though, isn't it??? and who has the right to say what position is correct? certainly not the government, since the government is prohibited by the constitution to make such a decision!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Oh no! I must have hurt people's feelings, not even anyone specific...

History repeats itself and those crying the loudest for punishing others will themselves inevitably be punished themselves. Deal with it.

link   
Look, I'm about as far from leftist as one can get, I'm a Christian who gets enough crap from the folks here on ATS. . .

but the lady violated the US Constitution by imposing a specific religious doctrine to her government duties. She's a public servant who is supposed to serve ALL the people.

And she didn't.

Now while I'm sick of all the Christian bashing that goes on here (about ready to leave here, to be honest) this lady did wrong.

You can admire here faith, but what she did was wrong.

link   

"My side".... you have no clue what side I take, but at least I know how to call a spade when I see one.

The liberal veneer comment pretty much stated your side, a spade is a spade, but some refer to is as an f'n shovel.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

The Constitution was written by church going people....I don't know.

Well, there you have it.

Have you ever read the Constitution by any chance? Perhaps even the Bill of Rights?

Here's a hint, Jesus and God don't appear in it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Not picking and choosing anything. There are two parts to the Bible. The Old Testament and the New Testament. The "New" Testament is a revision of the Old one, and started anew. Jesus was the "new" covenant,what you speak of is in the Old Testament.

So the Old Testament is null and void then?

Why is it still included in your God's Book?

Also, your point of view is not generally accepted except when someone wants to try and sidestep the horror show that is Genesis through Malachi, so, talk to your brethren and sistren, not the rational folks.

The Old Testament is indeed, null and void. It is there for historical knowledge only, and to remind people of the past, so that they will not be doomed to repeat it in their future.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Not to mention, that shovels are commonly used for moving excrement from place to place.

I think they used a more apt metaphor than they realized.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join