It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee tweeted his support for Davis following the ruling, saying that religious liberty must be defended. “Kim Davis in federal custody removes all doubts about the criminalization of Christianity in this country. We must defend #ReligiousLiberty!” Huckabee posted on Twitter.

washington.cbslocal.com...

???? no it doesn't it just means that we are a secular society and therefore not subject to christian beliefs.
and well if you break those laws, you end up paying a price.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

It is not okay for some laws to be enforced and others not to be enforced. (That's harder to say than you'd think.)

In this case under discussion, the issue came before a judge and was decided.

How, exactly, would one bring the matter of someone not being arrested for breaking the law (MJ) before a court?

The Executive power (at the National, State and Local levels) does routinely make decisions about how to best enforce laws for the good of the most people (at least in theory).

Also, when one makes themselves a lightning rod (like this lady did) that's an easier target than a whole city full of lawbreakers.

And that's my point. Who get's to decide and what are their motives? (rhetorical)

That's a wide-ranging question that goes to the matter of the Executive power (President, Governors, etc.) in this country.

The answers are above my pay-grade. Good luck with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: Chansi3

This whore has been divorced 3 times, married 4 and is a proven adulterer. She has zero religious ground to stand on.

P.S. Babylon called; they need their whore back.

So only perfect people can be religious.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

FFS! That dumbass needs to realize she lost!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I take back everything I ever thought about you , (if it was bad).

Finally a response based upon real thinking and representing what I actually said earlier, and not making assumptions only because my answer gave credit to the woman for standing up for her beliefs, and I never did state if I agreed with her, but we already know that some will never give the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for your astute response.

I would not have done what she did either, but I was admirable of her doing what she did. Shows she has some real character, but misplaced judgment.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The clerk was not doing her job require by law. She broke a court order.
I don't care about gay marriage or Religion, none of this effects me. The best thing she can do is to resign and allow someone to take her place that is willing to do job.

Supreme laws trumps Religious beliefs, I guess she found out the hard way. So many Religious crackpots kicking and screaming against gay marriage think they are above the law of the land.

edit on 3-9-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

She's done nothing except become another martyr for the persecution-complex of the Christian Right. Hopefully they will put someone in the position that will actually do their job.

At least she has the guts and the audacity to stand up for something she believes in and is important to her. Just because you don't agree with her doesn't make her wrong.
Anyone who does this against the current politically correct system is someone to be admired in any case. Of course that depends on which side of the fence you sit.

Then conversely, the fact that you agree with her doesn't make her right, does it?

This is not a matter of "political correctness" but is instead a matter of honoring the US Constitution and the Judge who is enforcing same, the Governor of the State she lives in and works for, etc. etc. etc.

That is correct about it not making me right, but I never said I agree with her, you just assumed that. If I was her, I would have followed the law, and the law was changed and so it should be honored. She didn't follow the law and chose instead to be a judge and a prosecutor which is taking things way too far not in her job description.

No more than you assumed that everyone here "disagrees" with her. I just offered the converse of your claim.

I guess we both made assumptions, eh?

So, no problems. The lady was in contempt of court, and is now paying the price for that decision.

Great; consensus.

The lady is still nuts in my book, because jail really sucks big time, it just isn't worth going in one if you don't need to, or aren't forced to.. Anyone can find themselves a tenant without ever knowingly (or knowingly in most cases), doing anything you would suspect could have you end up there.
Never break the law, not even little tiny ones. Unless you are a successful politician of course, then you don't need to worry. Like our current leaders

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No just the ones that take stands on their beliefs need to no cherry pick what those are.

Last time I checked divorce and adultery are no no's. Where are her firmly held convictions there.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Nope....only perfect people can judge

Difficult concept? Shouldn't be; after all, it is your bible, not mine. Strange how aethists know more about the messages of the bible than those that cling so tightly to it.
edit on 3-9-2015 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

She has apparently decided to stay in jail rather than "allow" her deputies to issue marriages licenses.

Kim Davis chooses to stay in jail, snubbing court

Even though her deputies were willing, Rowan County clerk refuses to allow them to issue same-sex marriage licenses
She had a chance to avoid prison time, but Kim Davis has chosen jail over freedom.
After speaking with Davis’ six deputy clerks and finding that five of them were willing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, regardless of their personal beliefs, Bunning gave Davis a chance to avoid jail. In exchange for her freedom, she would agree to allow those deputies who were willing to issue marriage licenses in her stead. But after speaking with his client, Davis’ attorney told Bunning that she does not authorize any employee to issue licenses in her absence.
Bunning warned the deputy clerks that they had better comply with his order by Friday morning. According to a tweet from the Lexington Herald-Leader‘s John Cheves, several same-sex couples intend to arrive at the clerk’s office on Friday to ask for licenses.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Last time I checked divorce and adultery are no no's. Where are her firmly held convictions there.

To be fair, she is a RECENT convert to Christianity and all her divorces happened before she got Jesus.

To me, that's like a woman who has had 3 abortions, finding Jesus, and becoming a rabid anti-abortionist.

It's still hypocritical because Davis thinks HER beliefs should apply to everyone, but she willingly issues marriage licenses to sinners of ALL ilks. That's the hypocrisy. She issues marriage licenses to liars, adulterers, fornicators, etc., and never asks for proof that they live by her beliefs...
edit on 9/3/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
That was before she was 'saved'. I guarantee you that if you gave me 20min in her house I'd find God's 'laws' that she isn't obeying. That's one of my personal beefs with people like her. They pick a handful of 'laws' from the bible and beat you with them but ignore the ones that are too much work or inconvenient. Frigging half-read zealots...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Nope....only perfect people can judge

Isn't that what you are doing?

Difficult concept? Shouldn't be; after all, it is your bible, not mine. Strange how aethists know more about the messages of the bible than those that cling so tightly to it.

*yawn*

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

No just the ones that take stands on their beliefs need to no cherry pick what those are.

Dunno. Her faith is hers.

But judge you rocks off.

I'm out of here.

This is turning into another "bash" thread and I want no part of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

a reply to: Chansi3

This whore has been divorced 3 times, married 4 and is a proven adulterer. She has zero religious ground to stand on.

P.S. Babylon called; they need their whore back.

So only perfect people can be religious.

Of course not. The point here is that going by the teachings of Jesus this woman's current marriage is a continuing state of adultery. She would need to either go back to her first husband or remain celibate to address this as other denominations that follow a literal interpretation of the Bible teach. Jesus SPECIFICALLY discusses this.

So, it's a case of ignoring the plank in your own eye while criticizing the speck in someone else eye.

Any marriage license she has issued to anyone remarrying after divorce is sanctioning adultery which is just a much a sin as homosexuality going by the New Testament. Obviously, she had no problem with that. This is about homophobia as much as trying to adhere to the teachings of the Bible.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Pointing out hypocrisy is bashing?

Care to look in the mirror then.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Amazing hypocrisy. So the judge orders her to do her job but she refuses and thinks of herself as a hero for not obeying that order.

But then turn around and gives her own order to those under her control to go against their own willingness to do their jobs.

So typical of today's Christian Hypocrite. They don't want to follow the rules but expect everyone else to follow theirs.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
In fact, I was name calling, not judging. If you had bothered to read on, I labeled myself with the same term.

Where is the judgement in that?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

???? no it doesn't it just means that we are a secular society and therefore not subject to christian beliefs. and well if you break those laws, you end up paying a price.

Why yes government 'morality' is so much cooler than religious.

Although one would be hard pressed to differentiate between the two.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Why yes government 'morality' is so much cooler than religious.

Although one would be hard pressed to differentiate between the two.

This isn't about morality. This is about what is legal and illegal.

I have a legal Right to be FREE FROM RELIGION.

This woman is forcing her religion onto the lives of others. That is not legal or moral. Just look at all the Christians banning Sharia Law because they don't want it forced into their lives for an example. Oh yah, that's another example of their Hypocrite ways too. Imagine that.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join