It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Coin/Gold Collectors. The 1 oz 2015 Valcambi Armillary Gold Coin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is the coolest coin I've ever seen.

It can be broken down into 1/4oz pieces for fractional spending/trade or used as a 1oz whole. Purity: 9999

Just came across this in my daily silver search which I think some may find interesting. It's a beautiful piece of art.

From the armillary sphere, invented by Erathosthenes circa 200 B.C. An armillary sphere is a model of a globe that is split along it's equator and other meridians.

Jude

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

WOW that's awesome! Great find, it's cool how they were able to divide it into quarters with all different dimensions. What a piece of art!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

WOW that's awesome! Great find, it's cool how they were able to divide it into quarters with all different dimensions. What a piece of art!

Yeah it's pretty but at approx. $300 over spot I won't be buying as an investment.

Jude

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Very cool. I've only before seen the breakable credit card style ones before.
Unfortunately, I'm only able to afford fractions of an ounce per purchase these days. But little by little....

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Very cool. I've only before seen the breakable credit card style ones before.
Unfortunately, I'm only able to afford fractions of an ounce per purchase these days. But little by little....

Fractions do cost more but if that's what a person can get...

I'd be careful tho. The desire to hold the gold at a fraction can be investment prohibitive.

Jude

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yeah, I like my Canadian Maples, American Eagles of silver/gold and am sometimes willing to pay just around spot price just because I like what I like, but that's some markup.

I do love silver because of the low price ($15/oz about) and affordability, but if I were bringing in the bucks I would definitely be investing in platinum, gold, palladium as well.

Right now I have very little gold but a decent amount of silver. We'll see what comes of the september financial doom before I know what to get next

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Yeah, I like my Canadian Maples, American Eagles of silver/gold and am sometimes willing to pay just around spot price just because I like what I like, but that's some markup.

I do love silver because of the low price ($15/oz about) and affordability, but if I were bringing in the bucks I would definitely be investing in platinum, gold, palladium as well.

Right now I have very little gold but a decent amount of silver. We'll see what comes of the september financial doom before I know what to get next

Yeah, I got the bug and have become a silver stacker.

My last foray was in 2009 when low was the norm. I sold in 2011 at the height and did very well so here we are again.

Silver is always the way to get some investment for us little guys. I pick it up at flea markets, online and private sellers. I can usually save a few bucks this way.

Jude

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
This is the coolest coin I've ever seen.

It can be broken down into 1/4oz pieces for fractional spending/trade or used as a 1oz whole. Purity: 9999

Just came across this in my daily silver search which I think some may find interesting. It's a beautiful piece of art.

From the armillary sphere, invented by Erathosthenes circa 200 B.C. An armillary sphere is a model of a globe that is split along it's equator and other meridians.

Jude

Now that is flat out cool!!! Flag and Star!!! I collect coins and currencies from all over and have stuff as old as 200 BC roman but never seen anything like this! Thanks for the awesome find!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Have a look at some of these:

silvergoldbull.com...

Jude

top topics

join