It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a dream I had....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just a dream I had. Usually, I can tell whether a dream is a prognostication or just a fantasy. Recently, my hopes for humanity to wake up and start being unified have been tested by social and environmental and cultural and religious behavior patterns.

In the past I have stated on more than one occasion that the only time it seems we can accept each other as equals is during times of disasters.

So, when I have dreams lately, I am having some trouble discerning whether I am projecting a fantasy or if I am actually witnessing a future event when it comes to disaster type dreams.

I have had visions that have come true, but with all dreams there is, also, the time continuum, where everything is allowed to exist without a past, present or future relative to this dimension.

This one was certainly a doozy.

It is short and I awoke immediately upon having it so it only lasted about 8 seconds in my visual memory palace.

Across the sky, against a background of midnight blue, I saw a white trail streaking from left to right, as it reached a certain point the trajectory took it in a downward motion, then it became more of a beam of light, thick and almost resembling an elevator shaft, then there was this blinding effect with a huge mushroom cloud arising into the air...then I woke up.

My first reaction, was that it was a missile with a nuclear warhead attached and WW3 was happening, but the first vision of this seemed more like how a comet or a meteorite or an asteroid would behave. Then it seemed to behave like a UFO with the beam of light shooting down, but the light could have originated from the ground going up, as if to destroy what was there coming down. Then the mushroom cloud became a nuclear explosion from whatever it was being annihilated or detonated.

I hope this is the manifestation of my hopes and not a real prognostication of events to come, my initial prognosis about this particular dream is that it is more likely the latter and we must all be prepared for the inevitable.

Spiritual preparedness.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You hope that WW3/asteroid collision happens ("manifestation of my hopes")?
Why is that?

I can only speak for me but the all bold text, it hurts to the eyes. I´m using the dark layout, it´s really hard to read.
edit on 3-9-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

In the past I have stated on more than one occasion that the only time it seems we can accept each other as equals is during times of disasters.

Because in order for humans to love and help each other there has to be a disaster first. As to the lettering in my OP, get over it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
Get over it? Excuse me I was never asking you to change it. Why so aggressive?

So in your reasoning, there had to be a disaster in my life and in the life of my wife so we could find together and love each other? That´s somehow twisted reasoning for me. If you fear peoples input, don´t open a thread.

I see you wont answer the question, no reason to stay for people either.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
No, the OP is talking about in order for humanity as a whole.

We can always find it in us to help those we already know and love. But total strangers?

However, I think the OP is being totally optimistic in their assessment. It's when society as we know it breaks down that there is no more restraint and we see people at their ugliest worst. After all, polite rules no longer apply and the worst of us can give reign. Think about what the Internet would look like if it was your everyday, face to face reality. That's where we would be and people would be acting on it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I havent spent much time on dream interpretation but dreams of mushroom clouds usually mean a mad scientist on the loose or maybe worse, might have been a premonition of something earth shaking happening in the future somewhere

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

First of all it was my dream. Second of all, nobody forced you to read it. Third of all, blah blah blah.

It all went directly over your head.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Plenty of those around.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No, the OP is talking about in order for humanity as a whole.

We can always find it in us to help those we already know and love. But total strangers?

However, I think the OP is being totally optimistic in their assessment. It's when society as we know it breaks down that there is no more restraint and we see people at their ugliest worst. After all, polite rules no longer apply and the worst of us can give reign. Think about what the Internet would look like if it was your everyday, face to face reality. That's where we would be and people would be acting on it.

Simply put, disasters do not discriminate. It is unfortunate that it takes something polarizing to get humans to open their eyes. I am more of a cautionary optimist that wishes for humans to stop treating each other with hatred, but thinks that the only way for that to happen is a major catastrophe. Which really sucks.

My human condition does not always allow for idiotic behavior, but my spiritual being definitely understands why.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The majority of what we see in the headlines on a daily basis is shown to thousands in their dreams many times long before they happen.

All of the airline tragedies, the WTC attacks, etc. have been seen far in advance in someones dreams.

I recommend a book called 'The Power of Premonitions'...

Amanda, a young mother living in Washington state, awoke one night at 2:30 a.m. from a nightmare. She dreamed that a large chandelier hanging above her baby’s bed in the next room fell into the crib and crushed the infant. In the dream, as she and her husband stood amid the wreckage, she saw that a clock on the baby’s dresser read 4:35 a.m. The weather in the dream was violent. Rain hammered the window, and the wind was blowing a gale. The dream was so terrifying she roused her husband and told him about it. He laughed, told her the dream was silly, and urged her to go back to sleep, which he promptly did.

But the dream had so frightened Amanda that she went to the baby’s room and brought the child back to bed with her. She noted that the weather was calm, not stormy as in the dream. Amanda felt foolish—until around two hours later, when she and her husband were awakened by a loud crash. They dashed into the nursery and found the crib demolished by the chandelier, which had fallen directly into it. Amanda noted that the clock on the dresser read 4:35 a.m. and that the weather had changed. Now there was howling wind and rain. This time, her husband was not laughing. Amanda’s dream was a snapshot of the future—down to the specific event, the precise time it would happen, and the change in weather.

The Power of Premonitions

On Friday, October 21, 1966, a mountain of coal waste, perched above the Welsh mining village of Aberfan, broke loose and came flowing down uncontrollably. A total of 144 people, including many children, were crushed or suffocated to death in one of Britain's most horrific peacetime tragedies. A study of dreams in which people see the future has convinced a doctor that we have a sixth sense.

But for one family, the overriding grief was even more acute. For one of those killed - ten-year-old Eryl Mai Jones - had not only predicted the catastrophe, but had warned her mother of it, too. In the days leading up to the atrocity, Eryl had told her mother she was 'not afraid to die'. 'I shall be with Peter and June,' she added.

Eryl's busy mother offered her imaginative daughter a lollipop and thought no more about it. Then, on October 20, the day before the disaster, Eryl said to her mother: 'Let me tell you about my dream last night. I dreamt I went to school and there was no school there. Something black had come down all over it!' The next day, Eryl's horrific premonition came to pass and she was killed alongside schoolfriends Peter and June. They were buried side-by-side in a mass grave, just as the youngster had predicted.

The in-depth study of our intriguing dreams that convinced one doctor

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
And? Did I hurt your feelings because I asked that question? Politely? The reason why I wrote it´s hard to read was a good one, more people would probably read through. It´s the same issue with a wall of text. I also just told you politely that it´s hard to read and you answered like a child "get over it".

You tell us you wish that people would stop treating each other with hatred (your words) but on the other hand you attack someone who gives you a little notice that was meant for good. But following your OP, maybe that´s self inflicted fulfilling. I had to tell you it´s hard to read, you had to flip me off and now I tell you this.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Because in order for humans to love and help each other there has to be a disaster first. As to the lettering in my OP, get over it.

Yes I hope that there will be a change in humanity too, but I hope it doesn't take a catastrophe because catastrophes kill people, and I hope that if it does that the catastrophe wont happen to me or my family, another family.... you and yours perhaps? Dont take it personally, I dont know you and so if I am watching on the news that 55,000 people got vapourized in a nuclear attack, well I wont know if it was you or someone else. Unfortunately if it is you then I will never get to read another post from you and so I will be poorer for it, or if it is someone else I might never get to eat the great ice cream they make or wear the really comfortable shoes from the factory they work at or something, so that's why I don't hope that a catastrophic event will equalize us. The sort of thinking that sees people's deaths as collateral damage along the road to a better world is Illuminati thinking.
edit on 4/9/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Instead of doing what you needed to do to absorb the message you focused on the way it was presented. You didn't hurt my feelings. If I hurt yours because I suggested you get over something so trivial well then you have only proved my point.

Humans need to focus on what is truly important before there are catastrophes.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

The sort of thinking that sees people's deaths as collateral damage along the road to a better world is Illuminati thinking.

This sort of thinking is counterproductive. I never suggested anything about collateral damage. You obviously think depopulation is merely a human choice. Natural disasters do not discriminate and what I am saying very clearly is that, unfortunately, humans only look at equals when there is something that forces them too. Otherwise, they spend all their time creating walls and building fences, nitpicking and immersing themselves in false doctrines.

I, also, said I hope this is not a manifestation of my hopes, the one where humans wake the fck up and start acting differently, rather than waiting for those catastrophes to happen.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I like the big type by the way, makes it easier for me to read. On the topic at hand, it is pathetic that it usually takes some kind of horrible event to take place before humans decide it is important to love and help each other.

I understand exactly what it is you are saying. It is not your hope that people suffer, but that they didn't need a reminder to be there for each other.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Thanks. Glad you could grasp it.

top topics

join