It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seals Iran deal win as Senate Democrats find 34 votes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: introvert

So you're good with making deals with irrational governments.

That's all you need to say.

See. Modus Operendi.

I've asked for your solution and you've not provided anything. What is your solution other than diplomacy?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Ironic isn't it that the people who scream loudest at the very merest whiff of religion here are sure that our best course of action is to buddy up with the very kind of dictatorial theocracy they are sure any politician who says, "God," will usher in here.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So you're good with making deals with irrational governments.

That's all you need to say.

See. Modus Operendi.

I've asked for your solution and you've not provided anything. What is your solution other than diplomacy?

At least you resisted personal insults this time!

Why do I have to offer a solution?

I'm simply pointing out that you all are supporting a deal with an irrational theocracy. You all are in favor of a deal with a religious theocracy.

That is correct, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We're talking about relations between nations. How they organize their system is not our concern and should not be a factor when we step to the table to talk about how to move forward peacefully.

What is your solution? What should we do instead?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ironic isn't it that the people who scream loudest at the very merest whiff of religion here are sure that our best course of action is to buddy up with the very kind of dictatorial theocracy they are sure any politician who says, "God," will usher in here.

And its funny you Americans cant see the difference between simple "not bombing them" and simple diplomatic relations and becoming best buddies and allies.

Last I checked the deal was not a alliance with Iran or even a free trade agreement.
All it does is promise not to bomb the # out of them as long as they dont create nukes and release there own money frozen in our banks.

Hardly "budding" up.

Save your false outrage for when the USA signs a ACTUAL alliance.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Isn't it the "rational" people who mock religion folks for "talking to their sky-gods" all the time?

But it's in our best interests, apparently, to trust these same people (who talk with their "sky-gods") with their word not to build nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Why do I have to offer a solution?

You don't have to. I simply asked. I'm sure you can come up with something better than just saying no to any solution presented.

I'm simply pointing out that you all are supporting a deal with an irrational theocracy. You all are in favor of a deal with a religious theocracy.

True. What other option would you suggest? Diplomacy seems the best way to go.

link   

[
But it's in our best interests, apparently, to trust these same people (who talk with their "sky-gods") with their word not to build nuclear weapons.

Again what would you do?

Bomb them?

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And it's over simplifying the issue to say our choice was binary between bomb or not bomb. It's only people like you who favor letting them develop nukes (bomb if I ever heard it) that made it a complete binary choice, but it does make it a lot easier to smear the opponents of the deal.

"OMG! You don't like this? You must want to BOMB THEM!!11!!! You want war."

No, that's not what we want, but we don't exactly see how we got anything out of this deal, either, but Iran will get the bomb.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

[

Again what would you do?

Bomb them?

Dunno. I guess since so many are after my opnion (like it matters) I may have to think about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

. It's only people like you who favor letting them develop nukes (bomb if I ever heard it) that made it a complete binary choice

No I dont.

And if they violate the deal I would hope the world takes action.

"OMG! You don't like this? You must want to BOMB THEM!!11!!! You want war."

So what would you have done?

Enlighten us to your wisdom?

originally posted by: ketsuko, but we don't exactly see how we got anything out of this deal, either, but Iran will get the bomb.

Blah blah blah

Iran could have got nukes years ago.

Cry wolf why dont you.

Just cause fox new tells you something over and over again doesn't make it true.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If it's crying wolf to warn that Iran wants the bomb, isn't equally crying wolf to yell and scream about how people who worry about Iran with nukes only want to use it as an excuse to declare war on Iran?

Surely, if, as you say, we've only been crying wolf all these years AND we've only been using it as a pretext to declare war on Iran as is also alleged, this mythical war with Iran would have happened by now. We've only had since the overthrow of the Shah to accomplish it.

I think at the very least, we could have gotten our prisoners out of Iran. We could have gotten much, much better inspection terms out of this. Did you knew we and the Russians have the right to inspect each others' nuke sites? But apparently it's more important for us to have a so-called deal than it is for us to lay our actual eyes on those sites even once in a blue moon. Oh, and Iran has a 24-day window before they choose the inspectors who WILL see those sites.

Oh, and lets' not forget the foreign aid ...

edit on 3-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

In time this deal will be seen as a parallel of Chamberlain's "Peace in Our Time" accord with Hitler.

Unfortunately, I believe this deal will be followed by unparalleled warfare, carnage and violence. Since Israel will be in the crosshairs of the results of this deal, I think the USA will find itself in rather great trouble shortly ... either by the hand of the MOSSAD or by other higher authorities.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Now that Iran will get its money, I think there will be a great economic boon to the Middle East and Russia will greatly benefit by default due to its close relationship to Iran. This could mark the beginning of a new era; either of peace and prosperity or a new era of Doom and Gloom as Iran secretly builds and uses a Nuclear weapon. That's how I see it.....What says ATS?

More money for Iran to arm terrorists fighting it's proxy wars in Syria, and Iraq, and Israel.

Of course the Sunnis won't sit back, and start funneling more cash to their 'freedom' fighters.

Doesn't mark anything new. What is does seal is the next 20 to 50 years of the Middle East only getting bloodier.

edit on 3-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No we will, well the IAEA will. What you're referring to is an Iranian military base that the Iranians will be inspecting themselves because it's a military base, not a nuclear sight. The base is on the radar because back when Iran had a nuke program they used said base not for nukes but high explosive detonators used in a nuclear bomb. Other than that, all actual nuclear sites can and will be subject to inspections at will, plus the 24 hour monitoring via surveillance cameras.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Enjoy your support and trust of a religious theocracy. I certainly hope that they don't build a nuke and detonate it.

Yep!

Obama seals a deal with a right wing neocon theocracy that just loves to cling to their guns,nukes, and religion.

All the while he admonishes,shuns,disparages, and tries to get rid of them here.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I am not everyone nor did I say that.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Iran Commander: We’re Getting Prepared to Overthrow Israel

As the White House secured their last needed vote to block a veto override in the Senate on the nuclear deal, Iran unleashed a double-pronged attack: vowing to block inspector access to some sites, and vowing to continue preparations to destroy Israel.

Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan said today that the International Atomic Energy Agency — which inked confidential deals with Tehran that Congress has not been able to see — would not be able to see all the facilities it wants to.

“Iran does not plan to issue permission for the IAEA to inspect every site,” Dehqan said in an interview with al-Mayadeen news network on Wednesday, reported the semi-official Fars News Agency.

Back in July, he stressed that “missile-related issues have never been on agenda of the nuclear talks and the Islamic system will resolutely implement its programs in this field.”

“The US officials make boastful remarks and imagine that they can impose anything on the Iranian nation because they lack a proper knowledge of the Iranian nation.”

Also today, a senior commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps said they have work to do.

The IRGC’s top commander in Tehran province, Brigadier General Mohsen Kazzemeini, told operating units undergoing drills in the capital that “they (the US and the Zionists) should know that the Islamic Revolution will continue enhancing its preparedness until it overthrows Israel and liberates Palestine,” according to Fars.

“And we will continue defending not just our own country, but also all the oppressed people of the world, specially those countries that are standing on the forefront of confrontation with the Zionists,” Kazzemeini said.

Iran’s Press TV mused that “questions remain on how far Tel Aviv would really go, with its warmongering premier Benjamin Netanyahu, to disrupt the accord,” rhetoric that’s potentially setting the stage for an attack on Israel that they’d call defensive.

Iran thumbs nose at US even as Obama rallies support for nuke deal

Iran Promises to ‘Set Fire’ to U.S. Interests

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Good thing Israel has a top-notch intel program eh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join