It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seals Iran deal win as Senate Democrats find 34 votes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: beezzer

I already told you what I trust, you are the one twisting and spinning this.

What I want for the states and what happens in Iran are completely different things.

I don't want Iran to be under a theocracy, but wouldn't let that get in the way of other feelings since there is not much I can do to change that.

I find it really funny you are trying to point on hypocrisy here when it deals with two separate countries and peoples thoughts on theocracies within them.

Enjoy your support and trust of a religious theocracy.

I certainly hope that they don't build a nuke and detonate it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
the diplomacy will work until it no longer suits them like hitler did. But hey peace in our time right?
34 senators. bet that cost around a few million in bribes and promises. otherwise it would not had taken so long for them to get the 34 votes.

How many bribes and promises has Israel and AIPAC made to the members of congress trying to get what they want? Maybe it wouldn't have taken so long if so many members of congress hadn't gone on a free vacation to Israel so Benny could feed them his line of BS.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

the diplomacy will work until it no longer suits them like hitler did. But hey peace in our time right?
34 senators. bet that cost around a few million in bribes and promises. otherwise it would not had taken so long for them to get the 34 votes.

How many bribes and promises has Israel and AIPAC made to the members of congress trying to get what they want? Maybe it wouldn't have taken so long if so many members of congress hadn't gone on a free vacation to Israel so Benny could feed them his line of BS.

I Agree with you actually on that. they all need to stop getting hand outs and freebies. then a tleast nothing would happen and it would be a stalemate. doing nothing is just as much a win.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

As do I.
I hope Israel doesn't use one of theirs either.

Are you dizzy from the spin? I don't trust them wholeheartedly.
You are the only one implying that. What I trust is in plain text in a response, you refuse to acknowledge that.
Pretty disingenuous if I say so my self.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

All I'm saying is that supporters of this deal are trusting a religious Islamic theocracy to not make nuclear weapons.

Inspections are part of the deal. We will not have to trust, we will be able to verify.

And that many on the left have also disparaged and insulted religion(s) on a daily basis elsewhere as being "irrational".

There's nothing we can do about Iran. It's their country, let them run it however they wish. All we can do is be diplomatic and on our toes if need be. There is a big difference between that, and trying to stop the US from becoming a Right Wing nutter theocracy. We have a choice here. We don;t have a choice in Iran.

I'm simply enjoying the dichotomy.

I enjoy when you pull out the emotional drama queen responses. It's entertaining to see a grown man/woman make silly comparisons and arguments without providing one bit of a solution to counter the current choices.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

IF this was just up to the Iranian government id say good deal but its not. its up to the Supreme leader who is one of the lowest scumbags on the planet,(who i personally have insulted once by e mail)and who has killed people with his own hands in cold blood. They are scared of him and will do his bidding no matter the agreement.

Then if the renage on the deal the world should react according. Least at that point all other avenues would have been tried.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Diplomacy is better than war 99% of the time.

The Lindsay Graham style rhetoric is a danger to Earth 100% of the time.

We shall see how it pans out.
I have high hopes.

Lindsey Graham's rhetoric? What about Iran's rhetoric and actions?

What actions? Graham never even read the deal and he was proclaiming that it was a bad deal.

You are aware of Iran's links to terrorism? You are aware that Iran has 2 proxy armies that it uses to attack Israel and fighting in Syria?

Are you aware of Israel's links to terrorism? You mean the two proxies armies that is fighting against Israel a nation occupies one groups land and the other group fights against Israels constant attacks on their nation? And in Syria Hezbollah is fighting against the American and Israel backed rebels. Get a clue Israel is far from innocent.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

IF this was just up to the Iranian government id say good deal but its not. its up to the Supreme leader who is one of the lowest scumbags on the planet,(who i personally have insulted once by e mail)and who has killed people with his own hands in cold blood. They are scared of him and will do his bidding no matter the agreement.

Then if the renage on the deal the world should react according. Least at that point all other avenues would have been tried.

Exactly. Some people would rather bypass that solution and go straight to.....well, I don't know exactly. They say they don;t want war, and this deal is still placing restrictions on Iran, so I'm unsure of what they actually propose we do instead.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I think beezer is saying that papers th eagreement i son is as good as toilet paper,because they are nto able to enforce their end of the deal due to Supreme leaders rape fantasies.(joke about the rape)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I fully agree. If they renige the supreme leader should be eligible for assasination hopefully.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

As do I.
I hope Israel doesn't use one of theirs either.

Are you dizzy from the spin? I don't trust them wholeheartedly.
You are the only one implying that. What I trust is in plain text in a response, you refuse to acknowledge that.
Pretty disingenuous if I say so my self.

Are religious theocracies rational or irrational?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Your resort to personal insults is disheartening.

Are religious theocracies rational?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Nice to know folks like you don't know history and totally skips the Ottoman Empire.

The scientific method and alegbra thanks you.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Not sure what you mean there.

What does jokes about rape have to do with anything and preventing inspections?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Irrational, and I wish Iran wasn't under one.

And as irrational as this one is made out to be, they haven't done anything that is said they will do.

So I trust that trend will continue.

What is your solution?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Irrational, and I wish Iran wasn't under one.

And as irrational as this one is made out to be, they haven't done anything that is said they will do.

So I trust that trend will continue.

What is your solution?

So you'd trust an irreational government to do the right thing?

Again, I make a small "lol".

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Make it all you want.

If you need to laugh at your own twist then what ever helps you sleep at night.

What is your solution?
Or are you to busy with small lols to answer that question?

edit on rdThu, 03 Sep 2015 13:25:44 -0500America/Chicago920154480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on rdThu, 03 Sep 2015 13:25:57 -0500America/Chicago920155780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Your resort to personal insults is disheartening.

It's not a personal insult. You have a specific mode of operation and when you fail to assert a logical or fact-based opinion, you resort to emotional appeal and irrelevant banter. I was merely commenting on your tactic, not your person.

Are religious theocracies rational?

No. That's why there are rules in place in these agreements to ensure that certain criteria are met. Isn't that reasonable?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So you're good with making deals with irrational governments.

That's all you need to say.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What is your solution?
Or are you to busy with small lols to answer that question?

I'm just a tiny voice on the internet. I'm not in charge.

I do NOT think that making deals with irrational governments is a very wise decision.

I have "some" familiarity with the culture.

I think it's a bad move.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join