It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seals Iran deal win as Senate Democrats find 34 votes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Obama claims victory as his Iran deal now has the needed 34 votes to survive any GOP push-back. So now I guess this is all but a done deal. Now we'll see how this all turns out.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Overcoming ferocious opposition, President Barack Obama secured a legacy-defining foreign policy victory Wednesday as Senate Democrats clinched the necessary votes to ensure the Iran nuclear agreement survives in Congress.

The decisive 34th commitment came from Maryland Democrat Barbara Mikulski, who is retiring next year after three decades in the Senate. In a statement she said "no deal is perfect, especially one negotiated with the Iranian regime." But she called the pact "the best option available to block Iran from having a nuclear bomb."

Supporters now have the votes in hand to uphold Obama's veto, if one becomes necessary, of a resolution of disapproval Republicans are trying to pass this month. GOP lawmakers who control the House and Senate ardently oppose the agreement, which curbs Iran's nuclear program in exchange for hundreds of billions of dollars in relief from international sanctions.

Now that Iran will get its money, I think there will be a great economic boon to the Middle East and Russia will greatly benefit by default due to its close relationship to Iran. This could mark the beginning of a new era; either of peace and prosperity or a new era of Doom and Gloom as Iran secretly builds and uses a Nuclear weapon. That's how I see it.....What says ATS?

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 3-9-2015 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Diplomacy is better than war 99% of the time.

The Lindsay Graham style rhetoric is a danger to Earth 100% of the time.

We shall see how it pans out.
I have high hopes.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I dont know how many times people need to re peat this, iran has had the chance to build nukes since the 70s.

Still no nukes, a few years back agents of mossad said that iran was not building any nukes.

Oufff getting tired of repeating, all the facts are out there and are easy to find.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Good deal. It's about time we started being diplomatic instead of using force. We've been hearing for 20-30 years that Iran has been months away from having a nuke and it has never happened.

Time to stop being afraid of everything and let sovereign nations do whatever they so desire.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Come to be known widely as the Iran Deal… what deal? They've agreed to nothing, they have signed nothing. The spin built around some "deal" is so the US can later claim Iran "broke the deal" in order to ratchet up measures towards subjugating their country, too.

For now, seeming conflict within the US government is enough to cement the idea of a "deal" that doesn't exist. All that occurred was "talks".

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I read this yesterday, and while I've never been a fan of Mikulski, I'm glad she did the right thing here.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I dont know how many times people need to re peat this, iran has had the chance to build nukes since the 70s.

Still no nukes, a few years back agents of mossad said that iran was not building any nukes.

Oufff getting tired of repeating, all the facts are out there and are easy to find.

I'm not saying that Iran is the bad guy, I'm just trying to remain neutral so that my opinion doesn't curb the direction of this thread. That being said, I'm glad it's done; the positives outweigh the negatives.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Iran secretly builds a nuke? Well with this deal we'll actually be inspecting Iran's nuclear sites, you know, unlike now. But, and it's been said to death, Iran gave up its nuke program back in 2003 and hasn't started it back up since, CIA/Mossad confirmed. So I doubt with this new deal Iran will be starting one up while allowing full inspections, and of course constantly still being spied on by everyone.

Iran knows full well a nuke program gives Israel/west the opportunity to start a war and I doubt that's what they want.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Please explain how this deal could possibly bring peace to a region that has been unstable and waring since it came to exist.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I am of the belief that Iran already has nukes and that is why this deal was so favorable to them.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I am of the belief that Iran already has nukes and that is why this deal was so favorable to them.

What makes you believe that? Have anything to support that belief?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Nothing I can or will share on an internet forum. I LIKE breathing, thank you.

But research and you too will find this truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

But Israel is still there.

So if Iran already has nukes that they haven't used to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, does that mean their constant chants to do so are just bluffs?

Everyone opposed to this deal keeps saying that if Iran gets a nuke, it's all over for Israel.

Which is it?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I have high hopes.

Lindsey Graham's rhetoric? What about Iran's rhetoric and actions?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

So you have nothing. Figures.

But I suppose you have access to top secret information that even the CIA and Mossad were unable to find before they determined Iran was not building nukes? And I suppose the CIA and Mossad did not think to obviously search the internet for that proof, as you have done.

You don't have to lie to cover your ass if you believe something that is untrue. Don't insult our intelligence, please.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

In other words you have nothing but a brain full of fox news propaganda mush.

Sorry but you opinion is invalid until you cough up evidence.

We have had enough wars based on poor evidence thank you!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

I have high hopes.

What actions? Graham never even read the deal and he was proclaiming that it was a bad deal.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Nice generalisation.

What rhetoric specifically?

The debunked "wipe Israel off the map" BS?
The minimal chants of "the great satan" from a minority.

The people in Iran who don't want diplomacy or a deal are on the same spectrum as Graham and his ilk.

Screw them both.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I have high hopes.

What actions? Graham never even read the deal and he was proclaiming that it was a bad deal.

You are aware of Iran's links to terrorism? You are aware that Iran has 2 proxy armies that it uses to attack Israel and fighting in Syria?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I have high hopes.

You are aware of Iran's links to terrorism? You are aware that Iran has 2 proxy armies that it uses to attack Israel and fighting in Syria?

So?

Everyone has proxy armies.

I live in the UK, Irans proxy armies have nothing to do with me. Its Israels problem not mine.

And the UK along with the USA has its own proxy armies. Hell the USA has practically crippled south America with its own fun and games with proxy wars, so has very little moral high ground.
edit on 3-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join