It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a heads up Atlanta folks...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So what is YOUR issue with blacks or gays as you apparently have one.

I don't have one. I'm having a hard time understanding why you automatically assume that since there is going to be a large gathering of blacks and gays in one spot that they will use that opportunity to riot and loot.

It's coming off as ignorant and slightly racist. You afraid of black folk?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So what is YOUR issue with blacks or gays as you apparently have one.

I don't have one. I'm having a hard time understanding why you automatically assume that since there is going to be a large gathering of blacks and gays in one spot that they will use that opportunity to riot and loot.

It's coming off as ignorant and slightly racist. You afraid of black folk?

It's called opportunity. It would be ignorant of anyone to think it couldn't happen. A large gather of ANYONE in a single spot always gets me worried about things, especially when their gathering is about multiple current issues that have been at the forefront of news specifically FOR rioting and protests and will be the largest one in the country.

Mix in all the other people that are coming in to town, the heat, the traffic, and voila.....it isn't rocket science to see that things could easily go wrong here.

So back to the other main worry of mine....Biden. He will be stopping traffic in main thoroughfares all over the city with his motorcade. A VP being in town during one of the largest influx weekends of non-locals presents a big opportunity for something bad to happen as well....but I guess you'd rather just focus on the gay blacks...
edit on 9/3/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i don't think i've ever heard of gays of any color rioting. if any trouble starts it would probably be agent provocateurs or something along that line.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
i don't think i've ever heard of gays of any color rioting. if any trouble starts it would probably be agent provocateurs or something along that line.

And that was my point all along....this weekend in Atlanta is going to present an opportunity for plenty of things to happen should someone want them to. Not being able to see this is odd to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Now the two I see causing the most concern are Black Pride and Biden's visit. These two things have me a slight bit worried about the weekend. I am hoping everyone keeps a calm head this weekend and locals remain level headed from the influx of insane traffic with out of state drivers.

Why are you most concerned with Black Pride and Biden?

Hmmmm.....lets think about this for a second.

Have you read in the news about all the things that have been happening around the country with riots and protests with black people? Have you read and heard all the things going on around the country with LGBT rights? This is a natural choice for an incident to occur.

And Biden is kind of a given when you have 6-800K people coming in town that are not from here....he is the Vice President....any high ranking official would be stupid not to be wary of everything going on in Atlanta and the numbers of people coming in town that are not native to the area....

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the goverment false-flagged Biden. He's dead-weight, dumb as a stick and seriously creepy, you know, that touching little girls and smelling their hair kinda creepy. The guy is a liability and I can see the government's handlers using a violent situation to gain some shock, awe and sympathy, especially due to the ongoing Hillary saga. They gotta keep the dumb-f's entertained and off-balance, right?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
...Especially DragonCon weekend. I could walk around downtown and haze all the neckbearded basement dwellers
" 'SUP, DUNGEON MASTER!!!"
good times.

You made me LoL. It brought back to mind this classic.

Sorry if OT......

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Now the two I see causing the most concern are Black Pride and Biden's visit. These two things have me a slight bit worried about the weekend. I am hoping everyone keeps a calm head this weekend and locals remain level headed from the influx of insane traffic with out of state drivers.

Why are you most concerned with Black Pride and Biden?

Hmmmm.....lets think about this for a second.

Have you read in the news about all the things that have been happening around the country with riots and protests with black people? Have you read and heard all the things going on around the country with LGBT rights? This is a natural choice for an incident to occur.

And Biden is kind of a given when you have 6-800K people coming in town that are not from here....he is the Vice President....any high ranking official would be stupid not to be wary of everything going on in Atlanta and the numbers of people coming in town that are not native to the area....

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the goverment false-flagged Biden. He's dead-weight, dumb as a stick and seriously creepy, you know, that touching little girls and smelling their hair kinda creepy. The guy is a liability and I can see the government's handlers using a violent situation to gain some shock, awe and sympathy, especially due to the ongoing Hillary saga. They gotta keep the dumb-f's entertained and off-balance, right?

Cheers - Dave

Exactly...you are throwing a VP into an already large city with 6-800K more people inbound and having him speak at a Jewish Synagogue about the Iran Nuclear Deal.....seems like a smart move right?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

.but I guess you'd rather just focus on the gay blacks...

I find the entire premise ignorant and insulting.

Your trying to tell me that since there are many events in the city going on at once, including sporting events, a visit by the VP, a black-gay parade and the temperatures are going to be high, that it is very likely, in your opinion, that these people may break out in to mass-scale rioting and looting?

Let me know how much it hurts when hit in the head by rioters throwing fabulousness in anger.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
'SUP, DUNGEON MASTER!!!"
good times.

you're a boomkin fer goodness sakes! lol

An owlbear with antlers!!! Awesome!
I might be a closet D&D/Pathfinder player, but I'm nowhere near what you see crawl out of the basements around Atlanta for DragonCon. Wow is all I can say...300+ lb. Jedis, a few furries looking for a yiff, people who will actually wait in line to get Barry Bostwick's autograph...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And that was my point all along....this weekend in Atlanta is going to present an opportunity for plenty of things to happen should someone want them to. Not being able to see this is odd to me.

i understood it, i just don't recall it being a normal thing for gay parades, not that there's a "gay normal" per sey, but there's just not any memory for me, of gay parades ending in rioting. of course, i don't keep track of parades of any kind so i wouldn't know for certain, i just don't recall it in the news when i did hear mention of gay parades. however, it is a celebration rather than a protest. the mood would naturally be different. might be hard to provocateur something that upbeat.

biden, on the other hand, since it's political, could be a different story. i dunno though since i've also never heard of riots at the appearances of vice presidents. hehe'

it's food for thought though.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

undo (that's me) is nerd.

edit on 3-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

.but I guess you'd rather just focus on the gay blacks...

I find the entire premise ignorant and insulting.

Your trying to tell me that since there are many events in the city going on at once, including sporting events, a visit by the VP, a black-gay parade and the temperatures are going to be high, that it is very likely, in your opinion, that these people may break out in to mass-scale rioting and looting?

Let me know how much it hurts when hit in the head by rioters throwing fabulousness in anger.

Terribly sorry if you feel singled out and attacked for some reason, but you brought the ignorance in.

To not be able to see that this weekend in Atlanta is an easy target for something to happen is dumbfounding to me.

Do you live here? I do and have almost my entire life. I grew up here.

I don't recall ever saying "mass-scale rioting and looting", but if you are just butthurt and looking to play the semantics game then so be it....single out whatever you like and post away...I am happy to rebut any and all of your comments with the same logic as I have been using....

It's called current events in the US....I am saying that there are multiple opportunities for multiple things to happen, not just rioting and looting, but plenty of other easy opportunities for bad people to do bad things. You are the one singling this out so you have some issue with it already....whether you associate yourself with gay or black or whatever, it seems you have a personal bone to pick....I mentioned plenty of issues...you honed in on ONE.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
We can handle it.

ETA: The Ravens are my second fave team. The Falcons don't even make my top 10.

Also, traffic here moves at a crawl no matter how many people are or are not here...makes no diff. The only time there was no traffic? When the Olympics were here...go figure.

And you forgot...it's probably going to rain.
edit on 9/3/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
When is the Atlanta White Pride weekend? Anyone know?

Pretty much always. Geez.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

i understood it, i just don't recall it being a normal thing for gay parades, not that there's a "gay normal" per sey, but there's just not any memory for me, of gay parades ending in rioting. of course, i don't keep track of parades of any kind so i wouldn't know for certain, i just don't recall it in the news when i did hear mention of gay parades. however, it is a celebration rather than a protest. the mood would naturally be different. might be hard to provocateur something that upbeat.

biden, on the other hand, since it's political, could be a different story. i dunno though since i've also never heard of riots at the appearances of vice presidents. hehe'

it's food for thought though.

Well that is just it...Introvert has decided to try to make this thread solely about rioting. That was not my point nor my intention as you can see from my first post. It offers plenty of opportunity for bombings, false flags, assassination, riots, etc....they are all coming in on the same weekend....

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
what we need is a team of angels to swoop down and oversee the affair, make sure no one gets hurt and that everyone goes home happy. like they might go there grumpy and maybe even have sinister motives, but change their minds, get to grinnin' and skip the sinister stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
double post. this mouse is driving me bonkers!
edit on 3-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
so since the OP is purely all speculative and one's personal opinion, we're creating theoretical issues that will possibly take place this weekend with gay blacks, vice presidents, sport events just to argue about it? remarkable.

I wonder how much traffic black topics and gay topics generate for ATS...

always seem to get everyone riled up...

-- Just a heads up... America. just swim around the bait.
edit on 3-9-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

i see what you're saying. sports events are the biggest culprits in that department. hopefully, everything will be fine. perhaps warn the organizers for the parade so they can fend off any potential trouble before it ruins their event.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Did you not say this in the OP?

Now the two I see causing the most concern are Black Pride and Biden's visit.

You honed in this, not me. You made it a focus in your OP.

I respect your right to have an opinion, but respect mine when I say that you are off in La-La land here. I think your posts shows ignorance and a level of conspiracy-minded lunacy.

Just because a lot of people are going to be in the same town for a weekend and it's going to be hot, does not give any rational person the feeling that people are going to riot/protest, and no one in their right mind would assume it's possible that agent provocateurs would be sent in to get it all started.

Many cities across this country have weekends with a lot more than this going on at once and you don't see riots/protests.

Are you concerned because this in in your hometown, or are you afraid of gay black people?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join