It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The people of Sweden - Makes a difference

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: crayzeed

Yep, and WHY are they protesting in Hungary, refusing to become documented in a safe country because Germany is their preferred safe EU nation.
They are no longer fleeing oppression and war, they are being picky about which safe nation they wish to settle in.

The images of that poor 3 year old were of course tragic, but allowing asylum seekers to choose their particular safe EU nation would not have saved him. The UK agreeing to take asylum seekers from any safe EU nation would not have saved him.
The parents chose to risk paying for the 10 mile crossing to Kos from Turkey which is a NATO member and not recognised as a war zone. They could have registered in Turkey received food etc and still be alive.

I support the UK providing massive financial/resource support to safe nations such as Turkey, Hungary, etc to provide shelter to these people, heck I'd pay another 1% in income tax.
As long as the people fleeing Syria are being choosy about which safe nation they claim asylum in then more children will die because the parents chose to take the risk.
Turkey and Hungary are safe nations. No need to try crossing the Med Sea in an overloaded inflatable dinghy to get registered as an asylum seeker.

What side of the Mediterranean do you think Hungary is on? And more to the point do you really think they are making such a dangerous crossing because they want to???
Turkey is a safe place where people can claim asylum, do you disagree?

*Edit*
Google is your friend...don't be lame like some other of your countryfolk.
edit on 3.9.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Turkey already has almost 2 million asylum seekers you may have seen something in the news about it and the conditions there.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Turkey already has almost 2 million asylum seekers you may have seen something in the news about it and the conditions there.
Is Turkey not a safe place where a Syrian person can claim asylum??

*Edit*
For the record I support increased percentage for my income taxes to support people, just not that they can choose the safe country they wish to claim asylum in.
There are many 'milkers' out there, even if nobody wants to admit it.
edit on 3.9.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You really think it is that simple?
1.conditions for asylum seekers are pretty terrible.
2.not all asylum seekers will be near turkey.
3.turkey has a fairly poor human rights record particularly in regard certain minorities'.
4.turkey is very close to the fighting so may not seem that safe.
5. the majority are in turkey anyway (guess where uk is on the list?)
6. This should all be bloody obvious anyway....

edit on 3-9-2015 by ScepticScot because: hacked off

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Ill give you to best advice you will ever hear, what you or your kindred think, will never matter..

Fine words, are just words.. But somehow you made it clear, you need every northern African just to learn.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Way to make racist comments. We need every north african to learn? So if what our kidred think does not matter why respond to us at all?

OOoh boo hoo im a refugee.. boo hoo. Im able to go to this safe country but its not good enough for me boo hoo. Cry me a flipping river while playing the worlds smallest violin. Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

When you have an empire for to long, you start to think it's was all you, when it never wasn't. You think freedom of choice exists, it does when you choose as a human being. When you act as a primate, those choices will seize to exist.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

When you have an empire for to long, you start to think it's was all you, when it never wasn't. You think freedom of choice exists, it does when you choose as a human being. When you act as a primate, those choices will seize to exist.

If i was acting like a Primate id not be typing on this forum. You implying Im a monkey? Sounds racist to me. EVeryone has a choice. The refugees have made th e wrong one and paid dearly for it an d will continue to pay. ANd You do realize a empire is alot o f countries under one nations control. Currently the US does not have that. You are dodging the earlier question.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Nothing matters, nature has it turns, you go with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

Nothing matters, nature has it turns, you go with it.

Then let nature take its course and turn them back so they go home or leave. Nature will do the rest.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Nature doesnt feed you, you live in a cage, feed by a keeper, do you feel the same, or does it exclude you from the equation when your belly is full, much hypocrisy by a domesticated animal, or does your color or heritage make you different. Humanity comes from pain, apathy comes from filth.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Any plans to deal with skyrocketing rape rate?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join