It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Considering becoming Demi-Vegetarian

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: One_Love_One_GOD

And can get run over by a Bus tomorrow

Go on have a Panda Burger

I have eaten Dog, Horse, Monkey Brain (okay I know but a Vietnamese dude told me it was dog brain curry) and I admit I'm shallow because I like the taste of meat.
I attempted to become a Vegetarian for some chick back when I was 18 I had dreams of running in the woods naked pouncing on Deer eating them raw, I do admire people who can take the moral choice of not eating it but it goes against my biology even thinking about Meat makes me slavour.
But I'm not one of these guys who would not kill to eat meat, I have hunted and killed and I often killed when I was a fishmonger.
(I had an epic fight to the death with a 15 year old Lobster btw really deserving of this music).

To be honest I could live on Fish alone but it is so expensive!!!! I live on an Island surrounded by water and the price is shocking just for mackeral when we go abroad to Europe it is so dam cheap....

edit on 3-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am in Britain sir... There is little sunshine, and a Tory government.

Even were such a thing possible, it would be impossible here!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Stick in the mud.

You probably do not believe in unicorns and a truthful Obama either...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Unicorns? Well, narwhal exist.... Truthful politicians though?

Heck no!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Absolutely, i couldn't subsist in a typical vegan diet either, all those daft replacement meats and the like although i got to say i like me some almond milk yum and cashew milk, and i love me so veggies for taste but not for the bulk of my cals lol. I like jacket potatotoes, boiled potatoes, steamed potatoes, big chunky chips, sweet potatoes, noodles, rice, indian currys, chinese currys, thai currys, pizza (whole ones), bean burgers (really tasty ), pasta, flat breads, fruit, REAL food, not dead flesh, hens periods or cows titty milk im a full grown man. Stamina is determined by what?..........glucose reserves!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I just explained the science of what we are biologicly hard wired for in terms of energy source. If I was to eat someones remains i would feel like crap, given that ive not eaten anyone in so long, and would take ages for my body to flush it out. I could die tommorow and if i do i'd rather be feeling amazing like i do now.

Not been to vietnam yet, i'm in thailand right now but may head over there in the next few weeks, the dog meat trade both here and there is terrible and sad but ultimatly no different to the western meat trade. I see no disstinction between any species, all life is precious.

edit on 3-9-2015 by One_Love_One_GOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: One_Love_One_GOD

Yeah it was a culture shock I tell you, But the things I have eaten were given to me and seeing they didn't have much anyhow I would have never disrespected them by not eating the meal offered to me, they were all so happy and nice people
I understand some can get by and you obviously have done your homework and a billion Hindus can't be wrong eh lol
It's just ingrained in me to eat the stuff.
But If I'm ever eaten I would like to think I would taste nice to the animal or alien eating me.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

I did that for 3 solid months in 2014. And fish was a Friday/Saturday option only. I felt good while I was doing it...ate a lot more beans and rice. Also increased my veggie intake a great deal, which is a habit I still follow now. I eat broccoli in some form at least once a day.

Sadly I stopped because of bacon. I'm weak, I know.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

A person who eats fish but not meat.

Does anyone have experience in here on the matter at hand?

Would be appreciated?

Yes, lacto(milk)-ovo(egg) pecto(fish)-/Pescetarian vegetarian here.

It's said to be very 'heart healthy' with the lean Omega-3 fish as an option. Fish also gives you more of the social setting option with meals, in restaurants and family and friends settings, as opposed to strictly Vegan. Of course all depends on why you choose this as well.

Caution on chemicals in the fish meat. of course, as widely known, mercury in tuna. To the PCBs is farm raised salmon.

As a side note on vegetarian foods;
Keep in mind(if you are weary of) GMO rates contained in soy products, which is upwards of 80 percent in grocery store products. Surprisingly most products, from processed burgers to snack foods, to even non Vegan/Vegetarian contain soy with GMOs. Vegetarian/Vegan brands that are non GMO will state that. Some companies have both versions, non and GMO soy, of the product such as Boca and Morning Star burgers.

originally posted by: yulka

The thing is, we eat to stay alive, when we always have our belly full, i dont see why i should eat meat. I just wonder if my body takes damage

If you eat correctly, balanced diet with nutrients, vitamins, etc., you'll be fine. In fact healthier with such as lower cholesterol, lower body fat, etc.
edit on 3-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm a 210lb vegetarian guy. It's not about health food, just no meat. Ethnic classics like Italian, Mexican and Chinese all are fine w/o meat. It's pretty gross, imo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join