It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Considering becoming Demi-Vegetarian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

A person who eats fish but not meat.

Does anyone have experience in here on the matter at hand?

Would be appreciated?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

My first job was a fishmonger and I eat fish often.
BUT do not eat too much oily fish, three portions a week is okay.
www.weightlossresources.co.uk...

I love fish.
My Thai Trout is amazing

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

3 times a week and 4 days on sallad?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Well I have only one portion of oily fish a week and two non oily.
I remember reading that If you have sea fish you can get some pollution into your body If you eat too much.
Crab and shellfish is also another option.
I love crab

Oh and why is this in the business section? lol.
edit on 3-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I would consider myself to be a non-dairy pescetarian. So I don't eat meat or dairy products but I will eat fish. But honestly, I don't eat it that often.

I started eating this way about 6 months ago. I have never felt better. I have lost excess weight (15 lbs), bringing me into a healthy weight range based on my BMI.

I couldn't encourage you more to go forward with this. Sure, it requires some discipline at first, especially in terms of preparing your own foods, but that said there are many places on the internet that have amazing and not too complicated recipes to follow.

All the best!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Two words: mercury poisoning.

Oh, and Fukushima.

Better not to kill animals for food at all. There's a moral thing in here somewhere too, but I don't think anyone cares for that much anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The only experience I have leads me to the conclusion that only by consuming the flesh of mammals, fish, birds, AND the occasional plant, can a human being be healthy and nourished.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

So what do you eat in a week?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The thing is, we eat to stay alive, when we always have our belly full, i dont see why i should eat meat. I just wonder if my body takes damage

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Better not to kill animals for food at all. There's a moral thing in here somewhere too, but I don't think anyone cares for that much anymore.

Maybe if they weren't so tasty I would not eat them.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Well, I do not know about your life, but in mine I have had extended periods where eating regularly, and well, was not an option. I also do a physical job, rather than mooching around an office, burning no calories and expending minimal joules of physical effort. So I eat to make sure I am filled with enough energy to do my job, and against the possibility that I might not get to eat tomorrow, depending on what happens.

In terms of taking damage, listen... Unless you have an unhealthy preference for some sort of food over others, and unless you do not take it upon yourself to get out in the air, get some exercise, go for a three mile walk every now and again, then you should not take damage from eating a variety of foods, unless you have a pre-existing genetic or environmentally caused weakness or intolerance for one or another additive, or glutens or yeasts or what have you.

I have not got washboard abs, or rippling biceps, but I am not obese either, and I keep myself that way without effort, just by eating what I can get my mitts on, and making sure to burn what I put in by way of working like a machine, and walking all over Gods green creation. If I tried to go even partly vegetarian, I would run out of animal protein to burn, and give it up as a bad job, because that is how my biochemistry works. Everyone's is a little different, but getting jammed up with humus and rabbit food exclusively is not a healthy or balanced approach to nutrition, unless one does one of "those" day jobs, which requires no energy, no real sustenance in order to complete.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Also we are doing a great service for the Cow/pig species by eating them.
How many pigs would be alive now If we did not eat them?.
If they didn't want to be eaten they would have evolved to taste bad.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Also we are doing a great service for the Cow/pig species by eating them.
How many pigs would be alive now If we did not eat them?.
If they didn't want to be eaten they would have evolved to taste bad.

Exactly. I do not eat Stink Bugs or Skunk Cabbage.

Now, if either of those tasted like bacon they would be in serious trouble.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If you are going to stop eating meat and eat some occasional fish, the days your not eating fish you will need a complete protein. Beans and rice together make a complete protein and quinoa is close to a complete protein. Nuts and seeds have protein and so do dairy products. And of course there is good ole tofu.
Its super hard to get by on vegetables alone, I can't go too long without protein, I start to feel like crap.
Do your research about non-meat protein options and you know what you like and what your body can eat.
I can only eat so much tofu, so variety is key.
I'm not a vegetarian, or vegan but my partner is. Sometimes I need a change from meat too though.
Also, there are lists of what seafood has the least amount to the highest amount of mercury on the internet.
Eat well!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It seems there are a lot of misconceptions about vegetarianism on this thread. If you want to read some evidence-based information check out the website www.nutritionfacts.org

Sal

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'm sure you work hard, i'm not doubting that you have a busy active lifestyle or that you keep fit and active.

I'm just not sure you realise how absurd your statement of "running out of animal protein" for energy is, i mean in human terms animal protein is entirely biologicaly inappropiate and completley insufficiant as a source of energy.

Given that our species uses glucose ( otherwise known as "carbs" in todays modern society) exclusivly as an energy source one only needs a single source of which be it sweet potatoes, the common potatoe, bananas, i could go on through their entire lifespan and and would live optimally in regards to nutrition in doing so thanks to the ommision of any overt macro nutrient as well as toxins and carciogens.

In light of all this whats known today as a "vegan" diet or the more mainstream term "plant based" is the most biologicly compatible "diet" available to the majority of the developed world.

Of course all that said most people it seems put entertainment above their overall health and quality of life and thus the slaughter houses and dairy farms profits are safe for now and shall continue to feed millions of habbits the world over. McDonalds is safe for now, the question is will the majority of people realise all this within the next 100 years before it's to late and we have become unrecognisable from our familure natural selfs.

Please excuse the spelling etc as this was witten in a rush waiting in a restaurant for my vegan takeaway. Go Vegan.

edit on 3-9-2015 by One_Love_One_GOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: One_Love_One_GOD

I should also mention as someone who is very athletic strong fit and healthy who cycles 600 miles plus a week, runs a very modest 30-40 miles a week and keeps upper body strengh to respectable levels i eat a very very kidney friendly LOW protein diet and a very heart/cardiovascular healthy low fat diet, 95% unlimited abundent carbs (3500 cals minimum) for optimal health and peformance.
edit on 3-9-2015 by One_Love_One_GOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: One_Love_One_GOD

Look...

Maybe I have had a terminological failure.

All I know is, that there is no comparison between the amount of energy I have at my disposal when I have eaten my way, and the amount I have at my disposal when I eat like a damned prey animal. If I eat veggies and substitutes instead of what I call real food, then I will be motivated to do precisely nothing, have no energy what so ever, and this is from personal experience. I have TRIED the nonsense, which is why I call it what it is, nonsense. I may be a freak, I may be atypical, but the results speak for themselves.

I would also like to add, for the record, that most of the veggies, vegans, and diet modification fans I have met, have less resources of stamina and power when it comes to physical tasks than I do, even those who LOOK better, have better looking muscle tone, better skin, and all that malarkey. Sure, I may not be a jogger, or a runner, but I am a grafter, and if my diet allows me to do what must be done, when others on less balanced diets have to cry off, that says something worth noting about their viability as long term dietary conditions.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Home come you cannot just subsist on sunshine and happiness?

Think of all the tasty veals...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit everybody has different dietary needs at different times for whatever reason. Will power and or endurance to get a heavy workload done, isn't entirely about food consumption, in my personal opinion. Other factors are in play as well.
I'm just sayin' not all vegans and vegetarians are incapable of a long day at hard work.
Everybodys body, mindset and will are different.
I believe we need to eat what our bodies crave, if its meat then okay, if its veggies then eat em up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join