It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about we stop spreading racism on this site?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree, but I'd be more general and say HATEFUL threads are popular. Whether people are hated for their race, religion, sexuality or gender identity, there's FAR too much hatred here for me to deal with.

I find myself skimming over the titles and not opening them because I can just imagine the "discussion". I've seen it all before. The hatred and intolerance are at one of the highest peaks I've seen for a while.

ATS just isn't fun when there's so many people scrapping tooth and nail for bigoted beliefs.

I suspect the "Trump Effect".

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Excellent rant! Very true and very well said.

Racism is ignorance, so to deny ignorance, we must deny racism.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I've had very similar thoughts as you have so eloquently posted. Its occurred to me that the only reason these OP's are being posted is to serve as bait for racists. I don't understand why the MODs allow this, particularly where there's no "news" story being posted long with the video.

To explain that comment, what I mean is that in some cases, there's an actual "News Event" to be discussed; a shooting somewhere, a demonstration somewhere, a speech made by a politician or prominent "community leader". But raving lunatic YouTube videos aren't "news" or a "news event". Why give them the space? If people want to watch crazy people rant on YouTube, let them surf YouTube.

I've posted complaints about these Threads, to no avail. I certainly don't have any say-so about ATS policies, but it seems to me that when it comes to purely and obviously inflammatory OPs with no reference to any significant "news event" maybe they should rethink ATS policies about what is and what isn't appropriate.

And you're absolutely correct when you make the observation that these type threads don't serve the purpose of fostering any meaningful discussion of race relations in the US. If you examine the comments, they're usually just one or two lines voicing disgust. So again........I don't see why they are allowed.

The only remedy like minded ATS members can offer is to stop clicking on them, reading them, and commenting on these threads.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xadaz
well some of the posters are literally paid to do what you're complaining about, the rest are mostly being baited.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is very important to ATS.

This hot topic that we are all being baited with which is meant to divide us as the OP explained, is making ATS big bucks. The threads, posts, and who gets stars and flags are a reflection of the user base of ATS.

ATS is mostly frequented by people who are addicted to this poison.

I am not implying that ATS staff has anything to do with these threads but IMO this site sure has changed ever since the whole Zimmerman/Martin fiasco...many old school members have shown their true colors since then.

And it's only getting worse...

edit on 3-9-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

But being aware of it does not mean we need to post every racist statement made by every supremacist and get all riled up over it. These discussions I'm seeing have so much vitriol in them, almost as if the ones crying foul are the ones becoming a bit more racist themselves.

We can be aware of them without putting their spokesmen in the spotlight. There's no reason to be outraged over their comments, it's par for the course for most of history. The majority of the time these things are posted is to incite hate for the people saying them. They're not posted to bring awareness, we're already aware there are racists in the world, they are posted to incite hate, whether knowingly or unknowingly.
edit on 9/3/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

*Sighs* Racism among humans won't stop until we contact extraterrestrials. When we do, humanity will focus all their hatred toward the extraterrestrials via the creation of the Human supremacist movement. If can't get along with our fellow humans, what makes you think we will get along with a non human even though they are intelligent.
edit on 3-9-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
How about we stop spreading racism on this site?

With zero tolerance, instant bans without warning and a user agent ban coupled with the usual IP ranges the user comes from, hindering those to register a new account for 30 days.
rinse and repeat.
might hit 1% of people who want to register but if you spawn a message with the reason, the people will understand it´s for the quality of ATS. Infact, they will praise it if they´re right minded. Give them a way to circumvent it via contacting a mod.

edit on 5-9-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Don't play chess, it's racist!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join