It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POTUS Posts to Instagram for the First Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

President Barack Obama is upping his social media game.

POTUS made his very first post on Instagram last night as he journeyed to Alaska.

UPDATED'Not Going to Stop': Search Continues for Ill. Cop's Killers

The image was taken out the window of Air Force One. The blue sky breaks out along the horizon line as a blue engine from the airplane can be seen in the foreground.

www.necn.com...

PLEASE LET THIS BE A JOKE. PLEASE LET THIS BE A JOKE. PLEASE LET THIS BE A JOKE. PLEASE LET THIS BE A JOKE. PLEASE LET THIS BE A JOKE. PLEASE LET THIS BE A JOKE. PLEASE LET THIS BE ...

Nope, not a joke.

(I left the text to the link on the article on the cop killers on purpose. To make a point.

I know that I'm supposed to say something meaningful here, some comment about the content of the article, but I'm not sure what to say.

Nearly a dozen incidents of violence against LEOs in what ... a week and a half? And he's taking selfies on AirForceOne and posting to INSTAGRAM.

SMH...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Trump is on twitter non-stop. Trump is on Instagram.

I don't get the outrage.

There are a lot of things to be worried about, outraged about and concerned about, no doubt, but why is it so absolutely horrible that the POTUS posted something on a social media site while heading to Alaska? Should he be personally hunting down cop killers? Should he be personally overseeing all the LEO's who are going after murderers?

Help me understand your outrage better, because right now, it just looks like no matter what the President does, he is, by some people's estimation, doing everything "wrong." Is he not allowed to do what millions of Americans do, including Presidential hopefuls?

???

- AB

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Nearly a dozen incidents of violence against LEOs in what ... a week and a half?

Nearly a dozen incidents of violence against LEOs reported on in what ... a week and a half?

Fixed that for you.

LEOs still have I believe one of the safest jobs around.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Help me understand your outrage better, because right now, it just looks like no matter what the President does, he is, by some people's estimation, doing everything "wrong." Is he not allowed to do what millions of Americans do, including Presidential hopefuls?

- AB

First, he's not a "presidential hopeful", he is THE PRESIDENT. Apparently you and he both forget this.

Second, a thug gets shot, he's holding press conferences and casting blame. Cops are being shot at, he's posting pics on Instagram.

If he'd kept his face and his mouth out of previous incidents, I wouldn't have anything to say about this, but he has not. He has made a point of getting involved in other incidents, telling everyone what to think and even inciting more reaction. He himself has set the precedent.

This is lack of leadership. Or, actually, I think that it's very calculated leadership.

Now, he's too busy posting pics on Instagram to say anything?

SMH

edit on 2015 9 02 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Nearly a dozen incidents of violence against LEOs in what ... a week and a half?

Nearly a dozen incidents of violence against LEOs reported on in what ... a week and a half?

Fixed that for you.

LEOs still have I believe one of the safest jobs around.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

Let's see, how many fry cooks at McDonalds have been shot in the last week?

How many janitors at office buildings have been shot in the last week?

How many childcare employees have been shot in the last week?

Sorry, but that has to be one of the most poorly thought out posts ever to appear on this forum.

Again, the point is not how safe a cop's job is, it the inconsistencies in his leadership (or lack thereof).

Just amazing.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

- AB

First, he's not a "presidential hopeful", he is THE PRESIDENT. Apparently you and he both forget this.

Second, a thug gets shot, he's holding press conferences and casting blame. Cops are being shot at, he's posting pics on Instagram.

If he'd kept his face and his mouth out of previous incidents, I wouldn't have anything to say about this, but he has not. He has made a point of getting involved in other incidents, telling everyone what to think and even inciting more reaction. He himself has set the precedent.

This is lack of leadership. Or, actually, I think that it's very calculated leadership.

SMH

Ah! Okay, I see now what you are saying.

He did, however, have a response to this, though it seems buried in the news a bit. ???

USA Today - Obama: Targeting Police is Completely Unacceptable

WASHINGTON — President Obama called the widow of the Texas sheriff's deputy gunned down at a gas station Friday night, calling violence against police "completely unacceptable" and calling on Americans to stand up for the safety of police officers.

In a statement, Obama asked for support of police families.

"I also promised that I would continue to highlight the uncommon bravery that police officers show in our communities every single day. They put their lives on the line for our safety," Obama said in the statement. "Targeting police officers is completely unacceptable — an affront to civilized society."

He called the police' officers Widow from Air Force One on the way to Alaksa...ETA

edit on 2-9-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
non-issue

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

- AB

And no, he's not allowed to do what everyone else does. He has taken the mantle of a leader. When one makes certain decisions in life, takes certain responsibilities, one forgoes certain choices. I chose to become a father. This means that there are some things that I cannot do. I cannot stay out late bar-hopping every weekend because I have responsibilities that must be attended to. I chose to be a husband, so I can't go chasing skirts.

One's position in life (especially when that position is one that one has chosen to occupy) limits one's options. People have no concept of boundaries or responsibilities any more.

SMH

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
non-issue

Nero playing the fiddle: non-issue.

Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burned: ISSUE

What bothers me is the total lack of leadership. Just frustrating.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

He did call the widow.
www.ijreview.com...

He has spoke about the incident, so he isn't just not saying anything.

Took me all of two min to find too, did you look before to see what his response has been?
edit on ndWed, 02 Sep 2015 22:10:42 -0500America/Chicago920154280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
www.washingtonpost.com...

He did call the widow.
www.ijreview.com...

He has spoke about the incident, so he isn't just not saying anything.

Took me all of two min to find too, did you look before to see what his response has been?

On past incidents it has involved high-profile press conferences, published statements, publicly proclaimed support of individuals and families ("If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon").

Now, minimal statements, just enough to say "I did something"?

At least, that's what I see.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The shooting of the officers is a horrible thing - a tragedy, and I absolutely agree it is important. I think what you are saying is that he is somehow showing a double standard?

The press conferences regarding Michael Brown and Furgeson came after mass protests and huge amounts of community unrest. I suspect that the level of Presidential response had to do with the level of civil unrest and conflict that came about in the days after the shooting of Michael Brown, and Trayvon Martin, etc.

What DID the President do? He called the widow while traveling, he made a press statement. What does that say? What does it say that the media didn't promote his statement to the point where it had more impact? He IS on a plane going to a remote area during this time, and his response was limited due to that.

Look, I know what its like to not like a President to the point that everything they do is somehow wrong. I felt like that during Bush II. (I actually voted for Bush Senior...I'm an Independent.) I think that you don't like Obama. That's the main point I'm getting from the thread.

edit on 2-9-2015 by AboveBoard because: ETA - press statement is out there more than I realized!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Was he on his way to a conference on those past issues?
Did he drop everything to get those pressers done?

He isn't omnipotent, he can't be every where at once.

He personally called the widow, seems like a decent reach out to me.

What makes a high profile press conference btw? He is the president, pretty much everything he does can be considered high profile if he is there.
edit on ndWed, 02 Sep 2015 22:35:04 -0500America/Chicago920150480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Anything Obama says or does is suspicious.

His total reputation is not all that grand.

There's a hidden agenda with this new "thing" of his.

His heart is not always in the right place.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The shooting of the officers is a horrible thing - a tragedy, and I absolutely agree it is important. I think what you are saying is that he is somehow showing a double standard?

The press conferences regarding Michael Brown and Furgeson came after mass protests and huge amounts of community unrest. I suspect that the level of Presidential response had to do with the level of civil unrest and conflict that came about in the days after the shooting of Michael Brown, and Trayvon Martin, etc.

What DID the President do? He called the widow while traveling, he made a press statement that has been downplayed in the press for some weird reason - the press isn't covering it. What does that say? What does it say that the media didn't promote his statement to the point where it had more impact? He IS on a plane going to a remote area during this time, and his response was limited due to that.

Look, I know what its like to not like a President to the point that everything they do is somehow wrong. I felt like that during Bush II. (I actually voted for Bush Senior...I'm an Independent.) I think that you don't like Obama. That's the main point I'm getting from the thread.

1. Yes, that's my point.

2. Multiple attacks on police officers in a short period of time, I'd call that unrest. Something is wrong, something is broken, just as it was i those instances. Those are times when clear leadership is needed. Now just as then.

3. Given previous statements, actions, press conferences, etc., I do see a failure here.

4. I voted for Bush II first time around. Second time I would not have, did not. I am also in independent. As to not liking this guy, I don't like any politicians. That's my my issue. It' is the double standard, the inconsistency that bugs me.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Let's see, how many fry cooks at McDonalds have been shot in the last week?

How many janitors at office buildings have been shot in the last week?

How many childcare employees have been shot in the last week?

Sorry, but that has to be one of the most poorly thought out posts ever to appear on this forum.

How many fry cooks, janitors and childcare workers do we give guns to and have them patrol our streets to uphold the law, if they are caught breaking the law themselves they get a paid vacation, or lets say in extreme cases, they are convicted of beating a fellow officer source and after a decade when that beaten officer [by his fellow officers mind you] receives a million dollar settlement, the one accused and convicted of beating him gets nearly half his settlement 500k+ in back pay when the force is forced (no pun intended) to hire him back.

In plain English, a group of officers beat another plainclothes officer thinking he was a murder suspect [he was black after all] and even though that cop was going to remain silent, he was harassed and bullied, because the perpetrators [his fellow cops] thought he was a rat. He eventually sued and won, paid out 1 million+, but the one responsible for his beating, also fought his case and won, and was forced to be hired back to his employment, [of carrying a gun and being a thug police officer] but paid 500k+ in back pay.

Almost as much as the innocent cop who was beaten.

No sir, your response was poorly thought out.

If you want to make a statement about POTUS posting on instagram, fine, but don't bring the horrible state law enforcement is in, into the conversation because you will not win.
edit on 2-9-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

LEO get paid more than enough for their service, the danger inherent in the job is part of the job, and they are compensated for it. If they also want respect for being in that line of work the blue wall of silence needs to come down. They expect the same of everyday citizens yet they cannot perform that very same thing themselves? Excuse me but that is the definition of hypocrisy.

Unless you agree they should wear "snitches get stitches" along with their badge, or some other appropriate attire of displaying their complacency in silencing corruption/dissent/wrongdoing/malfeasance/etc..etc..etc

edit on 2-9-2015 by boncho because: grammar, spelling, the usual

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The President's first response to Michael Brown's death in August of 2014 was to issue a relatively short statement that was pretty much what you'd expect - nothing grand, 'this is a tragedy, please try to keep passions in check while this is investigated sort of stuff.' His response became greater later in November and December.

I don't know, inconserv, I'm still not thinking that it's a "nothing" response.

Anyway, I don't want to argue this with you, I just think it hasn't played out in its fullness yet.

peace,
AB

Eta deleted something that was a bad comparison.
edit on 2-9-2015 by AboveBoard because: Too tired to think!!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What I'd be more interested in is how many people had to 'vet' this post, as well as the procedures it then has to go through before it's considered utterly 'none-offensive' to anyone, ever. Even the dead.

Then I'd like to tally the cost up and see just how much $ it takes to make one post on the internet for the 'POTUS'. I'm sure it's a nice big figure.

new topics

top topics

join