It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having weird climates?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's pretty weird here in Cali. Lots of Rain in the south. So much that it's causing a lot of flooding. Don't worry about the weather though, there is nothing to see here. Just move along.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
here in michigan it has been a pretty warm winter and the summer was alot cooler than I can recall. kind of strange.also do you think a tusami could have a impact on illninyo adn the weather to come?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
also do you think a tusami could have a impact on illninyo adn the weather to come?

um what exactly is illninyo?

but the tsunami's couldnt have any affect on the weather as far as i know

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yes! Extremely unseasonably warm here in the new england part of the united states....it reached 55 degrees here today!! It's the middle of winter for crying outloud! This is waaaaay abnormal....Just a couple days ago it was only 2 degrees, now today it was 55? a 53 degree change in just a few days? Very odd indeed.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
illneno sory bad spelling. the warming and cooling of the ocaen curents
that effect all the weather

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It has been weird for sure. There were a record number of twisters reported this year. Something like 1700 which broke the old record by 300. There were record hurricanes for Japan and Florida. Parts of Texas saw a white Christmas. There was even snow reported in Mexico. And from what I saw the first ever reported snow happened in the UAE. December for us here in Indiana was a month of extremes. Our departures from normal have been all over the board. We were warm, then cold, then warm. Just a couple days ago we had nearly a foot of snow on the ground. Today it is almost all gone.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
where i live in new zealand it's summer right our usal temrreture is around 20-35 degres

this year it's around 10-15 degress and it's even gone down to 2 degress one time in summer thats not usal for us...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'm in Missouri an it's 63 right now 2:51 A.M. I have my front door open..Usually the furnace is going full force bout now.We haven't seen snow yet where i am in the state but that's not that uncommon.

Weather patterns like this aren't that common here but not unheard of.I have noticed the winters getting warmer here though not nearly as much snow fall as when I was a kid.I don't remember ever breaking out my heavy coat last year.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This SST map is incredible. If there was ever a doubt as to what was driving this crazy weather I think this should explain it.

El Nino is going strong in the Pacific and there looks to be the same thing happening in the Atlantic. If this continues I'd be nervous about holding stock in any insurance company.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I don't quite understand the concept of the above map and what exactly it's measuring, if someone could elaborate please?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am near K.C., Missouri. WTF the last time we had a december with no snow was only one time in 1885. We are having record highs in the upper 60's yesterday it was almost 70. The weather guy's have no clue what is going on. They all say different things, but they know that for the first week of January we are going to have thunderstorms and 50 deg. weather. HELLO this is more than strange weather, it is almost scary. Something is deffinatly wrong!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think what we are seeing can be summed up by saying; oh oh another El-Nino this year.

This is exactly what happened the last time there was one. One thing I have noticed though is this time around the temps are not what they were during the last one. Then we had temperatures in the 60/70s for thanksgiving and at Christmas we were outside in short sleeves with 75. which is unusual for Wisconsin. Go figure.

www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

As you can see even noaa issued a news release in September stating this El nino is weaker. Guess that is why the temps are lower.

Normally here anything after November 1st requires a coat. We also have to get the snowblowers out mid Novewmber until April. This year snow has been scarce and generally melted in one or two days. Past two days just rain no snow on the ground at all. We do however expect to drop close to normal tonight according to our (cough) weather experts.

[edit on 12/31/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
well in scotland the weather has been realy funny ,fog near enough every day and 1 minute its here then later on say bout 5 hours later the fog is covering sumthing else, then there like a day with like lots of frost and its like freezing the next day its like sun is shinning and its rather mild almost warm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join