It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question regarding transgendered women

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: TechniXcality
You don't have to want to sleep with a T girl or anything, but just know that we are here and there are and will continue to be thousands of us lurking in your Supermarket, neighborhoods, And schools.

Holy crap, you make us sound like Fight Club or something.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo
everytime I come back to this site its the SAME damn BS LOL.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You are breaking the first rule....
Gosh don't you know anything!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

This very thread would go against any one calling you a bigot, which I may be guilty of in the past.

It is very cool you are willing to come out and just say that you have some questions and want that answered.
Bravo mate.

Thanks brother, the quest to open your mind and be altruistic is a life long one, and one that we often feel is an objective battle but for me and as I get older I am realize the battle has always been inside of me. It's not the way other people behave or act that matters truly, it's the way I behave or act because I am the judge I answer to.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Btw, looking at that woman she was pretty and doesn't make me feel strange to say. Good video, I agree what other people do is there business like I said my main point of this thread is, can transgendered people be accepted even with our subconscious biases.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Btw, looking at that woman she was pretty and doesn't make me feel strange to say. Good video, I agree what other people do is there business like I said my main point of this thread is, can transgendered people be accepted even with our subconscious biases.

Some people don't have those subconscious biases so it's not a lost cause. Transwomen are just women with interesting medical histories. We aren't men with mental problems, we are (or were) women with physical problems.

In any case, being a bigot makes a person a bigot. You just simply have preference. I never liked to date blondes but I respected them, all the same. See? You don't have to worry about being thought of as a bad guy for asking honest questions.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

Thank you for your kind words

And your "once was" is dead. There is no energy there.

Stay in positive as you move forward

You know that is the very struggle right now, in my personal life and I just wanted to say thank you. While I know it's over the depression and despair of the loss of my wife by cheating, and my relationship forever changed with my children is a very very hard thing to swallow and if doing my best. Some days not so much, anyway thank you Annee you are very sweet.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Thank you for your kind words

And your "once was" is dead. There is no energy there.

Stay in positive as you move forward

You know that is the very struggle right now, in my personal life and I just wanted to say thank you. While I know it's over the depression and despair of the loss of my wife by cheating, and my relationship forever changed with my children is a very very hard thing to swallow and if doing my best. Some days not so much, anyway thank you Annee you are very sweet.

Always, always. stay in contact with your children. Write them letters. Talk to them. Do whatever to let them know you love them. Never play the victim with your children. They may not get it now. But, they will when they grow up.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I do love them, I love them dearly. The guy she's with I believe has forbidden her to see me out of concerns and jealousy kinda funny because we are still married and she cheated on me with him.

Thus I've seen my children once in the last 6 months. She had to have my parents drop them off and take them back, I'm sure because of jealousy and possessiveness on his part. Also fear, because I have not confronted this man yet, I haven't spoken a word to him but when I do I'm gonna let him know, exactly how I feel and he will listen. If he has a problem with it than he can handle up as well.

I have written them letters every week, my children now call his kids brothers it's sickening, she stone walls me. So this is getting handled in a court room I will be the children's father, the situation I'm going through make me want to throw up. I have fallen into a serious depression, and I know I have to go forward it's Easier said than done.

I'm also now understanding men's rights perspective, it's just crazy. Anyway I love them and I miss them dearly and that thread about the boyfriend who sexually assaulted the baby girl scared the # out of me and honestly almost made me cry. She's now a amphetamine addict, and has this random guy in her life playing house this # is completely crazy, I never thought I'd be here ever. I just want my children to be safe, so I'm going through the courts

Sorry for detailing my own thread I just wanted to get that out...
edit on 3-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
okay so here's the thing: when you say you're definitively not attracted to trans women, you think that's a fair generalisation but in actuality it's a summation of the influences you've had - media portrayals of us as jokes, monsters, and men in dresses. You're fixating on what you 'know' that sets us apart.
Think of it like this: you meet some cute lady out at a show or a bar or whatever, you get talking, and you really hit it off. Do you need to check the state of her genitals before you can say if you're attracted to her? Attraction doesn't work like that. You'd be into my crazy style, or the way i move, or the way i laugh as i empty another hopeless guy's bank account into my bottomless glass.
If seeing someone's genitals causes you to re-evaluate your attraction to them, then you're not interested in women... you're interested in vaginas.

Also; it's not transgendered. Transgender is not a verb, a thing that happened to me like some curse from the blue, it's a descriptive. I'm a woman who happens to be trans. Pretty crucial distinction.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Ok I hear you, but yes I guess on some basic level a woman's fertility matters to me, and though a 'man' in the physical sense, is actually a woman trapped in a mans body. The distinction would be impossible personally for me to overcome, having said that I know that's a internal preference which may be a bias. I don't want it to make my actions or political beliefs bigoted, and I feel that many other men are just like me, even extremely liberal men. So it has concerned me that by design trans men/women may not be truly accepted as man/woman in the way they wish by society, so I have asked for thoughts on this. Thank you for your reply

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think its best not to dwell on what people do in the privacy of their own bedroom, or what that makes them, as all one has to compare it to is himself and his own preferences. Each person is nothing more or less than what they are. We consider them and learn from them, and only then can we know them.

The identity politics involved in asserting one's identity via labels and technical terms is no different than asserting it upon another. It obfuscates more so than it circumscribes. It's dehumanizing. Labels are for descriptive purposes, not for identification purposes. People are not their sexual preferences.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

yeah see that's more of the way the pervasive influence of our media portrayal has shaped your perception; there's no "man in a physical sense" and there is definitely none of this "woman trapped in a mans body" tripe.
My body is my own and it is certainly a woman's body.
That's not even being PC - i guarantee if you saw me out and about there would be no question of gender assignment crossing your mind. You're coming at this from the wrong angle, because you already have a context and a mental image firmly in place.
This thing about the fertility - if you were dating a cis woman and she told you before you had sex that she couldn't conceive, would you dump her?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I once ended up in a gay club in london called Heaven (don't ask lol) and I had a walk around and saw the most amazing looking lady I had ever seen, she walked past and my mouth hit the floor. I dunno If she was a transsexual or just a cross dresser but just wow!.
Why outa my league.
edit on 3-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Lol brother you did make me laugh pretty hard thank you!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Not as hard as the doorman who I knew who gave me free tickets to get in his club and then locked me in when I figured out it was a gay club.
Should not have had a few beers and a magic smoke on the way down I suppose.
Spent a fortune on the fruit machine in the place lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Why do you feel like your weird because you wouldn't sleep with a Transgendered person. Thats NORMAL. When does a lifestyle become a mental illness? What would you tell someone who wanted to cut off his arms and legs because he didn't feel normal with them and WANTED to be a paraplegic, you would say he's crazy and has mental illness right? Someone who wants to become a female thats a male and decides to mutilate their bodies making themselves a neuter is intentionally destroying their body to be something that they are not. They will NEVER be a woman. EVER. I call it like I see it. Stop letting the media control what you think. I think it's disgusting. But I have the right to think that way and I don't feel guilty about it. A dude will always be a dude its genetic. Cant change it with makeup, dresses or reversing your sex organs into a mutilated clump of whatever. I do however feel sad for people with this MENTAL ILLNESS. Nothing will change my mind about this subject. And I really don't care what other people think because that's what I think. They can do what they want but I still think they are mentally Ill and wouldn't want to be around them. Boo hoo on me.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

Whooaaa now that's exactly the kinda diatribe we've been avoiding in this thread until now,and also a misrepresentation of my OP, I didn't say it's "weird" I said I am concerned they will never be accepted with the underlying preferences I have and that the majority of men and women do have. I wanted to discuss that and have others share their thoughts and experiences which has been done with respect to everyone, while also all of us retaining our own preferences. You are being very hateful and assuming a lot. What gives?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Im not being hateful. I'm stating what I think. Just because I don't think like you do doesn't make me evil or mean. Its just what I think. And the fact that I think its a mental illness is my opinion. Thats the last I'll say about this. I have a right to what I think just like you.
edit on 30America/Chicagoxam2215America/Chicago3002 by texasyeti because: more added.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

Well that's a hit and run, modern psychology doesn't classify it as a mental illness and says that in fact they truly are women or men. So that's hateful, I didn't call you evil I said you were being very hateful and you are.

Further it's just that kind of thought process and rhetoric that tormented my sister, so I certainly have disdain for it. Even though I am highly familiar with it.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join