It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question regarding transgendered women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
And bathrooms and gyms, don't get me started! I hated Phys Ed class growing up, never wanted to change in the locker room but had no choice. Not because I cared who was changing in the same space, but because those junior high school kids are so darned mean to anybody who isn't popular. I have no idea if that has changed in the past 30 some years, but I doubt it. Meanwhile, when I got involved in community theater, every thought of shyness vanished - we had limited time for costume changes and very little room backstage, every gender, age, and sexual preference, and nobody gave a hoot. We just dressed and undressed and got on about our business. If I had my preference, toilets would be completely private, and dressing rooms would be communal, but with privacy curtains so you can avoid changing in front of total strangers, regardless of any of the above.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: reldra

Women use stalls.

Men have urinals. And maybe one stall that has a pissy floor and is full of s#.

Transgender males are in for a shock if they start using them.

I have seen men's rooms. Some have stalls and urinals. Just urinals would be a little impossible as you can't sit on them.
Yes, some men's rooms are not very clean, but that is the fault of who upkeeps them. Women can drip on the seat lol.
Also, all manner of too much toilet paper or other objects causes overflows in women's rooms. I have seen it many times in bars.
edit on 2-9-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

originally posted by: TechniXcality

If that is the case, and I don't wish to be divisive or cause inflammatory rhetoric; my question is if a man sleeps with a transgendered woman, pre OP does that make him gay, and after post OP does it make a difference? I'd really like to know your opinions.

Well to answer this... Why do care what others do in their own home? Why put a label on them?

Oh this is for you?
Do you love this person? Then it should not matter what others want to label you as.

No, in fact I agree with you the labels are ridiculous, my point is I personally am not attracted to transgendered women and I see them as males regardless, and feel that is conflicting with my political beliefs that equality and liberty and freedom for all is the answer. That altruism is the highest aspiration, so it concerns me with many like me who may champion others rights but inherently are biased. I'm openly admitting that, and also trying to see what others think, that is all.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Thank you for your kind words

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

I don't think you're a bigot mate.

Preference is hard wired.
Can't force yourself to want something in the sexual department.

I am going to thumbs up this one, but this discussion goes far past the sexual department, and either all are equal or no one is free. Who someone decides to spend time in their bedroom with should not be the factor that decides if they are equal or not. All consenting adults of course.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I agree but I was answering a question specific to sexual preference and what a person finds attractive.

That can't be labelled bigotry.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

If that is the case, and I don't wish to be divisive or cause inflammatory rhetoric; my question is if a man sleeps with a transgendered woman, pre OP does that make him gay, and after post OP does it make a difference? I'd really like to know your opinions.

Well to answer this... Why do care what others do in their own home? Why put a label on them?

Oh this is for you?
Do you love this person? Then it should not matter what others want to label you as.

No, in fact I agree with you the labels are ridiculous, my point is I personally am not attracted to transgendered women and I see them as males regardless, and feel that is conflicting with my political beliefs that equality and liberty and freedom for all is the answer. That altruism is the highest aspiration, so it concerns me with many like me who may champion others rights but inherently are biased. I'm openly admitting that, and also trying to see what others think, that is all.

If you see them as males regardless, those are your personal beliefs. Unless you take that to the point of treating them differently in real life, you are entitled to your beliefs. We are all biased in some way, wish that wasn't so, but is a fact of life.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Oh my goodness, women can be pretty nasty in their restrooms as well. I'll never forget when I was in college and temporarily shared a rental house with 2 ROTC cadets and their girlfriends - those ladies were not cleanly females. They left used tampons in the laundery room, on the floor, not even in the trashcan.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Thank you for your kind words

And your "once was" is dead. There is no energy there.

Stay in positive as you move forward

link   

originally posted by: theMediator

originally posted by: reldra
No idea, like yourself, why she chose to marry a man.

From my experience, homosexual women are rarer than bisexual women.

I also have a hard time understanding what some transgenders portrayed by the media want. I think that if I felt like I was a women inside, then in society, I would still use the men's bathroom. My feelings about me being a women wouldn't be hurt, because seriously, who cares about the opinion of others?

We are allowed to feel however we want to feel about ourselves and that's it. That's empowerment!

That might be true. I think there are more bisexual people in general, than homosexual people.

If you were in the process of becoming a woman, and dressed as one you may want to start using the women's facilities at some point. If you were a person that identified that way, but had no plans in changing how you dress or your body, you may still want to use the men's room.

That does make sense.

link   
I think the biggest problem here is you are lumping gender identity issues and sexuality into the same category and amazingly, its actually not that simple. If you look at it from a scientific standpoint, the only thing separating us from male and female is a somewhat simple chemical reaction [comparatively to say... DNA (which makes us human)]

To sum it up, anything beyond basic human understanding [I am this, you are that] is a social construct.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I agree but I was answering a question specific to sexual preference and what a person finds attractive.

That can't be labelled bigotry.

I would whole heartedly agree. I am not attracted to Asian women, so I don't date them. On the same hand, I don't disrespect them, or treat them differently than I would any other woman.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Precisely.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
Oh my goodness, women can be pretty nasty in their restrooms as well. I'll never forget when I was in college and temporarily shared a rental house with 2 ROTC cadets and their girlfriends - those ladies were not cleanly females. They left used tampons in the laundery room, on the floor, not even in the trashcan.

I like to keep bathrooms in my house clean. Clutter is ok, but they should be clean. I have rented out 1 and sometimes 2 rooms in my home since 2004. Both male and female borders use the upstairs bathroom, and mainly, have been equally messy. I stopped renting to females though...men seem to be less nosy, less dramatic and can fix things that break. lol

Note: I know women can fix things that break. I can. The ones I have rented to seem less willing to help out in the house.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Can always count on Charlie to let ya know when and if you are a bigot or not, luffs ya brother

And I agree we cannot forcibly change our hard wire. Preferences, but even further because we have these hard wired preferences are we then subconsciously bias, and geared towards a certain oppression? Can we always be conscious that even though we have preferences that we are always making the clear and right choice regarding people we are inherently biased against? It matters to me because I want everyone to be treated equally, and to not have the destruction that my sisters psyche undoubtedly went through.
edit on 2-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I would say sexual orientation is derived from your mind's interpretation of hormones, or [chemical] forces which are interpreted as desire/cravings. (scientifically they're forces, spiritually, they're spirits.)

Because there is a proper way to interpret the "body's" cravings/spirit, someone who is transgender, gay, or lesbian is likely someone who misinterprets a force/craving, and is therefor having a misconception or "mental disorder".

Just my opinion.

See: this for conceptualization. The [chemical] forces which are interpreted as sexual orientation, I do not think are known to us just yet, but the concept is the same as cravings for foods, and other desires, imo.
edit on 9/2/2015 by Bleeeeep because: fix link

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Can always count on Charlie to let ya know when if you are a bigot or not, luffs ya brother

And I agree we cannot forcibly change our hard wire. Preferences, but even further because we have these hard wired presences are we then subconsciously bias, and geared towards a certain oppression? Can we always be conscious that even though we have preferences that we are always making the clear and right choice regarding people we are inherently biased against? It matters to me because I want everyone to be treated equally, and to not have the destruction that my sisters psyche undoubtedly went through.

Since you are worried about it, you are already going in the right direction.

I will make a liberal out of you yet, LOL.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

I would say sexual orientation is derived from your mind's interpretation of hormones, or [chemical] forces which are interpreted as desire/cravings. (scientifically they're forces, spiritually, they're spirits.)

Because there is a proper way to interpret the "body's" cravings/spirit, someone who is transgender, gay, or lesbian is likely someone who misinterprets a force/craving, and is therefor having a misconception or "mental disorder".

Just my opinion.

See: this for conceptualization. The [chemical] forces which are interpreted as sexual orientation, I do not think are known to us just yet, but the concept is the same as cravings for foods, and other desires, imo.

Your opinion is WRONG. I like people to have opinions, but on some occasions, the opinion is categorically WRONG. It flies in the face of logic, medicine, psychology and just being a good human being. That is when it is WRONG.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar

I like to keep bathrooms in my house clean. Clutter is ok, but they should be clean. I have rented out 1 and sometimes 2 rooms in my home since 2004. Both male and female borders use the upstairs bathroom, and mainly, have been equally messy. I stopped renting to females though...men seem to be less nosy, less dramatic and can fix things that break. lol

Note: I know women can fix things that break. I can. The ones I have rented to seem less willing to help out in the house.

I started working in a bowling alley the day after my 16th birthday, that day I ventured into a ladies restroom for the first time in my life, and yeah ladies, they send us youngin's in to clean that stuff up, OMG.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You maybe right. It's a good point for sure.
But I think that bias can be overcome.

Just treat others how you wish to be treated...
& those who treat you different aren't worth the time of day.

You've been very positive lately, I can only say keep doing what you're doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join