It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Finds a 'Floating Spoon' on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2015 by Teikiatsu because: next time I'll read all the responses first...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I guess we can always go with the holographic universe theory and chalk the floating spoons up to a graphics processing error.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Proof of Martian smack addicts?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
We wouldn't know an ancient artifact if Curiosity actually found one. If it's not good enough, it's a rock. If it's too good, it's a hoax. Therefore, nothing will ever be found on Mars, even if a Billion people once lived there.

You're right there bud.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
intensely interesting that the 'spoons' are aligned so they could be two ends of the same object...
and those other ridges right next to the first one...
yeah i'm definitely going with something mostly buried.
Artifact, skeleton, unfeasibly bizarre rock formation, who knows?
and from this distance, who ever could?
Time to get the xenoarchaeologists up there.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Yes, they are aligned like an old boat skeleton with both ends having of the intact ones having the spoon shape termination. The broken off ones are in parallel like robs as well. This has turned into a very interesting pic.

There is kind of a T-junction that splits the "rib cage" symmetrically in the zoomed out pic. Now before I get jumped on by IT'S A ROCK folks, I am just using earth terms because they describe it well. I do think they would be foolish not to go back there for a closer look.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just to be objective, if you look under the #2 circle, you will see a separated rock that has been totally perforated by erosion and would have had "floating" pieces if it was oriented the way it was when it eroded and not tipped on its side.

It is just that the spoon/ribs seem to have formed around some harder fossilized material (not saying bones) rather than simple random erosion.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
this mars rover has captured so many images of so many items that can be found here as well maybe it landed in Arizona ?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
BlueShift posted this and it has been discussed at the anomalies thread for a few days now. It's of course not a spoon, it's a structure left behind when water and wind eroded the harder rock under it. A very natural although interesting phenomena. Here's the link to BlueShift post on August 31, Í don't know if it was before or after the other site found it. If you keep reading for a page or so there are some comments about it as well. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-9-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
look at the Larger image.
you can see that its like a long bow!
each spoon is at the ends of it under the ground.
no way thats a rock!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
We wouldn't know an ancient artifact if Curiosity actually found one. If it's not good enough, it's a rock. If it's too good, it's a hoax. Therefore, nothing will ever be found on Mars, even if a Billion people once lived there.

Exactly...I've been saying that too. I don't know what people expect or even want to expect? I mean do we need to see an actual alien sitting there waving to us?

Back to the photo. Anyone have it blown up? Also the one thing that I can't grasp is what is the aspect here? Are these like 3 ft objects, 30 ft objects? I never know how big the items are that I am looking at. Regardless, if it's a rock, ok cool. But it #ing floating did we miss that part lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Full size image:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Crazy anti-gravity spoon

edit on 3-9-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
That is just an old rib bone or a piece of root sticking out of the ground by the end. Anyone knows there are no spoons on Mars.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here it is from the previous day at a different angle.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Here it is from the previous day at a different angle.

Odd....so it appears there are multiple floating rocks there.....very cool!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Why are we capitalizing 'pareidolia' like its 'Almighty God'?

This time, i think we're looking at a trick of light and shadow, but that term gets WAY overused in attempts to debunk some pretty interesting and compelling images from Mars. Love how they remind everyone that its devoid of ANY and ALL civilization and always has been. Yes be sure to keep telling us that.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You too? My mother beat us boys with a wooden spoon..

2ND

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Why are we capitalizing 'pareidolia' like its 'Almighty God'?

Because in English its a proper noun and is capitalized.

originally posted by: Urantia1111
This time, i think we're looking at a trick of light and shadow, but that term gets WAY overused in attempts to debunk some pretty interesting and compelling images from Mars. Love how they remind everyone that its devoid of ANY and ALL civilization and always has been. Yes be sure to keep telling us that.

I agree that if something off planet looks like something we are familiar with that people are way to quick to dismiss it as Pareidolia. Like another poster pointed out its either dismissed as Pareidolia or its dismissed as a hoax.

We are a species with amnesia, not knowing where we came from (still waiting on the missing link). It irks me when people are quick to dismiss something because humans today could not have been on other planets in our solar system back in the day.

I want to know at what point scientists opted to choose to be willfully blind whenever evidence is found that challenges the status quo.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Thanks for posting the image...

This brings up another pet peeve of mine... Why doesn't NASA roll on over to the item and take a closer look at it?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

What if this spoon was used for the "primordial soup"?
If it's so, this can be the proof there was life once on Mars.

edit on 3-9-2015 by Vastator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join