It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or TR-3B? ....or a fake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: wmd_2008

If I took video or photograph of what I was sure 100% was the real the last place I would post it is youtube. I would be selling it YES selling it to whatever tv news organisation made the highest bid.

huh...interesting...imagine how we differ. The thought of selling it never crossed my mind. First thing I would do...is post it somewhere...anywhere...where more people can see it.

Then we have the members claiming to see similar types of objects as the OP on a thread and claiming to see them on a regular basis over a long period of time and yet again they forget to film this regular occurance

I'm amazed to lengths you guys go...with this filming stuff. Not everyone is fervent about it. Until recently...I didn't even own a camera...and sometimes when I see something that peaks my interest...the thing is long gone while I take out my phone. Missing film footage..is not evidence of anything...unless you really want it to be.

Then we have the members that see a dot on a day or night video and claim fantastic speed or acceleration yet they dont have enough info to work that out !

I agree on this one...which is why I don't bother with videos of white dots moving across the sky. A time waster.

We have a group of very experienced members in all parts of the world who spend many a night in remote and often cold locations (-9 c the last time I
was out) observing the night sky taking pictures some with pro grade equipment yet from that group NO pictures of Mog from Zog

Well...there is a stigma attached to showing anything that might be..."UFO"...especially the pros...steer clear of that. Majority of them will rather not report on weirdness...than risk their pro careers.

So you think you can't be fooled ? right ? that you can see the difference between real and CGI...always ?

edit:

here is a cool test. Take it and post a screen of the score. Be honest and don't retake it.

Fake or photo

If I have just taken what would be THE MOST IMPORTANT IMAGE EVER TAKEN of course I would sell it

Well photography has been my hobby for 35 years there is not much I haven't taken a picture of landscape,portrait,sport, through a microscope, telescope from a helicopter planes just that elusive ufo to get!!!!

Just because I said PRO GRADE equipment doesn't mean they are professionals a couple of my friends have £2500 cameras with £1500-2000 lenses because they can afford to buy top quality equipment but we do have professional photographers & astronomers as members and they do quote on the mistaken assumptions of many on here.

did YOUR test first before typing this should really have taken my time with it!!!

If you haven't already done so look here

Members Astrophotography

edit on 4-9-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: _BoneZ_

And getting back to my initial comment...That's why I trust more eyewitness testimony than a video. But to some...eyewitness is unreliable and would like a video of an underbelly of a UFO.

Really well I will give you an example from here member took a picture on mobile phone said he never saw the object when taking the picture then claimed it was a ufo. He gave time date location direction and we could see the weather from the picture. I looked on stellarium it was the Moon he was shown a picture of the Moon taken by the same type of mobile phone and although the image of the Moon was the same pixel dimensions he still tried to claim it was not the Moon.

A member posted a picture of the Moon in the Astrophotgraphy thread they said it was poor quality they knew but I posted back that it was ok considering it was taken with ....from the thread below

Thanks!

you can tell what camera I have from the picture???
wow

Depending on software used yes all exposure data, focal length time date if clock set correctly etc.

Strange how ufo sites are reluctant to post exif data with pictures is it because we can sometimes work out how far the object was from the camera in relation to the background.

I will say this again MANY members on here claim an ability or connection to make these objects appear yet when challenged all you get is an excuse NEVER evidence.

Have a look at this thread (Guy is catching many weird objects in the atmosphere with high-tech set-up)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He never replied back when I pointed out his hi tech set up used a MANUAL FOCUS LENS and it's obvious to everyone it's balloons well apart from our member PlanetXisHERE.

That gives you an indication of the BS people will accept on a site with the motto DENY IGNORANCE !

edit on 4-9-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

About what you said " Astronomers not seeing ufos"
That is false. We have quite the observatory here in my city.
I know the owner of the observatory on a personal level and he has shown me videos of unexplained things in the night sky. One, not far from the video i posted.
He has a business to run so credibility is a factor, when holding his videos back from the publics eyes. I have even asked, why dont you post those or do so anonymously. His answer " i have a business to run" right now he is a respected member of the royal astronomical society. One claim like that and his credibility is thrown to the wolves. And if he was to post annon. Someone will just say "fake" its from a Annon.
I see his points clearly. It happens on ATS every day.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well why don't you get the videos and post them?

The members on here that know a bit about video/photography/digital imaging will look and GIVE REASONS to explain what we think we see !

Until then it's a story you have told and nothing else.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Exactly, and will most likely end up staying that way unfortunately. given his stance on the subject at this time

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Hi wmd,

1. Thanks for the screen. You did good on that...I had something like 60-ish. What it does prove is...one can be fooled...or simply mistaken...or simply...as you said...didn't take enough time with it.

If I have just taken what would be THE MOST IMPORTANT IMAGE EVER TAKEN of course I would sell it

that's fine. I simply pointed out that we have differing thoughts on the subject...obviously.

That gives you an indication of the BS people will accept on a site with the motto DENY IGNORANCE !

Yes...there is that side. It's human condition. Majority of the people on this planet believe in the unseen deity...is it a mass delusion ? Putting aside obvious hoaxes, I think there are plenty of credible stories...backed by credible witnesses that must allow for a serious look into things. Screaming CGI or hoax at everything alien related simply does us no favors. The phenomenon is real...whether it's a mass illusion remains to be seen. Until then...it serves us well to remain open to possibilities...always.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

thirdphase of bufoons sorry thirdphaseofthemoon.

Yes I realize their reputation...

Can we be sure that's not really the plan ? Place one true video beneath a pile of hoaxes ?

I mean..I guess in the realm of infinite possibilities...

I very rarely take these videos as proof of anything. Independent first hand verification is necessary to truly confirm anything...therefore they will always have more of an entertainment value than anything else. But it's fun to speculate...to a believer like me anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Bah, and what about the media during the Cuban missile crysis . Was it a military crysis, or was it just scaremongering?
Was it a warning of imminent catastrophy, or was it a demonstration of impotence? Up to you yo decide.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join