It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Beginners Guide to Magick

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
a reply to: luciferslight

It sounds like you deliberately used your intent to manifest that so instead of getting scared why not try to manifest only what you know you want. Its not a good idea test manifesting by intending bad things just like its not a good to test an iron by rubbing on your face. I have stories more unbelievable than that but used them as learning tools.

Ever considered you can negate or reverse perceived bad future events the same way? Now you're training your consciousness to bring you the good stuff. It can be very responsive once all the kinks are worked out. I'd start with an open mind as if you just heard of it and only accepting beliefs that empower you and are mutually beneficial to everyone.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:28 PM
a reply to: network dude

Oh, I thought you meant Markn Passio, My apologies. Bill I would be careful just in case he is speaking half truths. However, I do confirm some of his experiences being truth. Because it is similar to what I went through. However, I cannot confirm it in others. But one thing I can say, that occult practices is a trap, in this he is correct. It is seductive and has nothing to do with God.

However, there are many more people who share similar stories, and experiences, and once you begin seeing that pattern and it matches with yours perfectly, you are closer to the truth. Right now, im outside the realm or matrix of society already knowing what lurks above and within us.

We as human being are where we are, because we failed to apply natural law and got tricked into selling our souls by forming contracts that enslaves us. But until we as a collective see the devil within, we will not become enlightened as a species. Meanwhile, occult practices simply further strengthens the chains of enslavement. That is why I warned against witchcraft.

Let me try and put it in another way. Say that you are walking up the road to aquire the knowledge of these practices. Along the way you spot a beatened man, with scars on his body as proof of his struggle. he tells you, "dont go up that way, you will get hurt". But because you believe your own knowledge, you ignore the man who just happened to be traveling the same road, only on the opposite direction. If you did not notice the man struggled and his struggle (experience) ties in with his warning. Would it be wise to continue to travel down that path?

However, I can understand you wish to have your own experience, if that is the case then by all means, go ahead. And I apologize for spoiling the ending to that story.

edit on rd2015000000Thursdayrd000000Thu, 03 Sep 2015 12:35:01 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 03 Sep 2015 12:35:01 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Despite knowing this to be true, I still struggle to believe. The bondage of doubt remains, and I try to liberate myself into the Sovereign Kingdom. God help me to believe.
edit on 3-9-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:37 PM

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
a reply to: Moors

Its new age thinking which is Luciferian teachings. Anything that has self worship in it is a trap. I already traveled down that road, and explored them all, while searching for my own truth. The real law of attraction has to do with the Golden rule.

There is a difference between getting what you want in exchange for your soul vs getting what you need through the appliance of Natural law

Ignorant dogma
Google Neville goddard this is nothing like what I'm talking about.

There is no self worship and in fact if you believe YOU are doing the manifesting it will dramatically weaken results. It's actually more like scientific prayer. You "pray" what you want seeing as a literally already present reality and imagine being there (now) feeling how you would as if its true...and then express gratitude to God or whatever higher power and repeat occasionally. Thats it. This IS natural universal law and if you observed your own perceptipns, thoughts, and attitudes for a little while you'd be stunned how often you unknowingly did this and even more so by your "coincidental" results. That's actually exactly how I learned this, years before I even heard of the law of attraction or knew such books existed. It's fun to try out so don't so be scared of your own imagination (which is really the only part of you involved here).

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:22 PM

originally posted by: network dude
he claims he was a vampire, a satanist, a hard core satanist, a catholic, a wiccan, a freemason, and a mormon, all at the exact same time.

No conflict of interest at all.

The fact that Satanists infiltrate religion is common knowledge.

There are only two religious systems in the world.

Satan controls one, the other belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the ONLY way to God.

This is the primary reason that religion is so effective at driving people away from God.

That is exactly what it was designed to do.

Brazilian ex-Satanist Daniel Mastral is one of many former Satanists who talk about this (BabelFish translation):

In his work, Mastral tells the infiltration of Satanists in the Christian, whether in churches, in hospital chaplaincy in evangelical seminaries or colleges. The objective of these leaks would weaken the Christian work, through seduction, slander and incantations.

Being that it was because of one of these infiltrations, which Mastral have been converted to the Gospel and been freed from alleged Brotherhood, six years after his admission, by the hands of the "Pr Brinti ", whose real name is Pastor Luiz Zitti (in memoriam), who was then pastor of the Baptist church Morumbi.

Link is Dead - Google it

edit on 3-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:46 PM
excellent thread op. Without going into magic stuff...many truths in your OP.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:58 PM

originally posted by: boozo
I don't think it's a beginner's guide to magic.
It's a beginner's guide to mental institution.

Only a single star on that post...

Another strong indication that the truth always rests with the minority.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:00 PM
a reply to: Involutionist

Thanks for bringing this up! I think the point the OP was making is that ritual, holy relics, sacred sites are often used as a crutch to empower whatever change is currently being wanted.

for example

The 8 year old soccer player believes he will only have a good game if he has his lucky shoes.
A confident 8 year old soccer player believes he is going to have a good game shoes or not.

The crutch is a pair of shoes believed to be lucky.

People use the same tools or crutches for those with little faith in what they are trying to achieve. Crosses/Bibles to repel demons and vampires, specific stones to increase ones mental awareness/creativity/vibration. However the same effect crosses over to daily life if you intend and believe.

Much like people who are unlucky, always claiming they have the worst luck and wham it finds them. There is the flip side, the people who have the best luck and they always believe something better is around the corner and it is always there. Intent and belief.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:16 PM
a reply to: SecretKnowledge So it is Steven Tyler from Aerosmith? Now I am confused, thought he had bigger lips and was Irish!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:26 PM
"True magic refers to the fact our beliefs affect the physical world around us "

Isn't this close in proximity to what most believe in the law of one or law of attraction? Not taking a shot at it, but some of this seems very familiar. Although from just reading a bit of OP and some of the replies I'd say this seems a lot more grounded and believable. Though I have to admit I'm not 100% sold on it, as I try to manifest destiny as some say but I can always feel like life is still in a merry-go-round. Which leads me into a long philosophical monologue wondering if others perceptions can influence us to stay in such a rut and keep us confined. I don't know perhaps I need to read a bit more and then watch the videos perhaps the answers or even hints will lie in there.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:48 PM
"Where there is a will, there is a Way", "I think, therefore I am", "Mind over Matter"...

I'm more impressed about the psychology, as well as mental barriers that the OP trying to present in the OP. As for the whole realm of magic arts , I think that just up to the believe of what magic is, or supposed to be.

Speaking of which, I really need to get back to my old morning ritual...

Plenty of push ups, sit ups, and lots of orange juice, would be heart lifting.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:52 PM

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

We as human being are where we are, because we failed to apply natural law and got tricked into selling our souls by forming contracts that enslaves us.

Nonsense! There are no "signed contracts" other than imaginary frauds - both so-called "spiritual" "paths" or "options" are a game of controlled opposition. Why else would there be ANY missing details on ANYTHING, AT ALL?
edit on 3-9-2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:59 PM

The magician is one who learns the disciplines of personality and the archetypal mind.

Very good thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:50 PM
Nice thread! Cool to see people talking about this principle, especially associating it with the system of thelema. Inevitably when people discuss such things, people ignorantly jump in and say that it's 'evil,' clearly not understanding it all or havin spent any time actually trying to understand it. Anyways, I like this idea of 'divine imagination,' and imagination being the key to how reality manifests.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:29 PM
a reply to: Moors

Yes I am learning and changing my negative habnits and thoughts into positive. I've been meditating which is actually clearing many things. I feel calm and collected after a session

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:55 PM

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: boozo
I don't think it's a beginner's guide to magic.
It's a beginner's guide to mental institution.

Only a single star on that post...

Another strong indication that the truth always rests with the minority.

Actualy..his stance and yours is the majority. What op is telling is fringe subject and is mostly ridiculed by the so called...modern western society. All those entertaining it are called wackos, new agers etc., and are in general...a minority in society.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:22 AM

originally posted by: yulka
a reply to: Isurrender73

Lets do this metaphysical, its effin hard to learn how to use it properly, sometimes it works, most times, its like an elephant in a porcelain shop.

Yes, I don't believe in any other kind. There has to be someway to look into It's nature, through what is created. Even if we online catch a glimpse, not too much to blind, just the right amount to see.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:33 AM

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Choose your path wisely...

The ones that are designed to steer you away from the truth are never what they appear to be.

This is TPTB's primary focus, to keep you from finding the truth.

originally posted by: Egyptia
It happened to a friend of mine when I was in highschool. He told me what he was going to read and said he would read it audibly. I told him to stay away from anything like that but he didn't listen. He went insane and is still in a mental institution. He came to me for help after it happened, but he was already too far gone. He was terrified for his life and his soul.

originally posted by: GoldenVoyager
Why open up a pandora's box of darkness? I have seen the effects Satanism and Black Magic has on a person. Usually ends up in possession whether the possessed person realizes it or not. I feel like I have lost my own mother to the powers of darkness. Your life begins a rapid downward spiral. Stay away! Try communicating with God who brings true wisdom, peace and happiness and salvation. Beneficial food for the soul.

Occultist and medium Dion Fortune's nervous breakdown and her early death due to her use of magick is also another major red flag.

The best way I have found to learn about these things is by studying the lives of those who have seen and experienced firsthand both the counterfeit and the genuine.:

Ex-sorcerer Ian Clayton, former occult Grand Master Lyke Uzorma, ex-witch Ana Mendez.

A few others:

Ex-Warlock Winston Pitters

Ex-Voodoo Priest and Olympic boxer 'Earthquake' Kelly

The end result of using Magick and ouija boards are both the same as well...

Demons, just like vacuum cleaner salesmen, will use ANY doorway you leave open.

DO NOT DO IT you will regret it believe me. Do not play with thes things it is a doorway to Hell. I was possessed by a demon after dabbling in the occult and thought these were fun.This demon drove me to try and commit suicide. Source

A girl I know CLAWED HER FACE TO PIECES after playing with a Ouiji board. She went crazy!!!!!. PLEASE guys just don't even go there. These things are bad news. Source

Once you use the damn thing, you let your door open to evil spirits. A friend of mine used it a long time ago and now she's in a hospital. She starts talking about a tall black thing that watches her and talks to her. She regrets using the Ouija board. Source

i cannot stress enough than to ask you DO NOT USE THIS all this does is open up the world of dark spirits my aunt was with a group of high school students they did this 1 student died 1 student went missing and my aunty was put into a mental institution for the rest of her life you can never close this curse once the board is in action it will never stop and it meaning the spirits will kill thats all they want

This is the true focus of EVERY form of teaching and enlightenment on this planet.

To make sure you are going nowhere, sorry murgatroid but not ONE exists that is actually good, or helpful, or in ANY WAY shape of form TRUTH.

Watch what happens when any of these things are learnt, practiced, or taught.

Breaking free from it all, is not found in any teachings in the UNIVERSE....

And never will be, since all comes from the same source, and THAT is the true problem.

This source, whatever it does, is in for a HUGE surprise, its first LOSS OF POWER, as it were, in its latest form.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:02 AM

My friend studied shamanism at lendrick lodge in scotland for 6 years he lived in solitary only cooking meals for the rest of the group and he spoke to me loads about your intentions and setting these before you go on spirit walks into the other realms of consciousness.

As others have said as well consciousness manifests the 3rd dimension and collapses the waveform to create the physical realm.

So who are all these assholes in the world thinking really #ty thoughts that Earth is such a beautiful and #ed up place.
Cmon everyone start thinking some beautiful stuff before you nod off. There arent enough shamans out there fixing the broken minds anymore so you have to do it yourself .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:35 AM

The problem is, those who say they can do Magick (not the David Blaine stuff) but the rituals of ones religion, is that there is never any proof of the claims. Everyone who says they do Magick, claim that it works for them, and "they" can see things happening and whatever, but no one around them can. This is not factual proof of any Magick, as one can do the same with drugs, or even a lack of medication depending on the mental malady. It's just not real. It's nothing more than people dressed up in D&D gear, who probably let the world get to them, and now they live in this fantasy world where, with enough imagination....they have total control of their lives and everything around them. Interesting...,but it's Halloween that someone took too seriously.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>