It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Beginners Guide to Magick

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"He who grasps the truth of the Mental Nature of the Universe is well advanced on The Path to Mastery." And these words are as true to-day as at the time they were first written. Without this Master-Key, Mastery is impossible, and the student knocks in vain at the many doors of The Temple." ~ The Kybalion

Alchemy is very real and is wielded within this world in order to become more creators of cause and less pawns of effect by many including myself with much success. Yet, alchemy in truth, is not what many have come to believe it is. It does not possess the characteristics of what many in the new age movement believe it entails. Many people seem to mistakenly place more emphasis on the power of the ritual itself instead of the power of awareness within the mind that entertains such ideas, and therefore often miss the mark when attempting to apply magic rituals, prayer, or new age teachings such as the law of attraction. Many who do not understand the nature of mind will end up philosophizing about metaphysics without much else to show for their knowledge in their lives - they lack wisdom due to having no means of weighing it empirically.

Intention is the crux of all manifestation. And beliefs, both conscious and unconscious, act as commandments. When one truly possesses the knowledge of transcendence arrived at by interior intuitive means (Gnosis) as to the how and why the nature of mind that makes up the fibre of one's Being interconnects and interpenetrates with the fabric of reality, they will easily come to understand why rituals in of itself are only a placebo, an act, or a tool for the magician to invoke the divine imagination and nothing more.

True magic refers to the fact our beliefs affect the physical world around us and in turn our personal life experiences. Beliefs exist within the subjective mind as thoughts and when sublimed by the divine imagination and deep emotional intensity, it will leave an impression on the subconscious mind - the weaver of experiences - by way of synchronicity - which in turn influence our reality in order for us to experience the consequences of our actions. All beliefs are subjective thought forms and/or imaginings that possess an associated mental and emotional vibration, and when formed in alignment with our intent, it will influence our environment, or the outer world of appearances we interpret as our personal life experiences.

However, the magician is always aware that consciousness is the Alpha and the Omega (the mover) and not the ritual itself. Even prayer and Solomon's magick, which I have empirically weighed with much success many times over in my life, are only placebos and/or tools for the divine imagination to be invoked in order to nurture deep seeded faith which is the crux of all intention or desire becoming manifested. After all, one must believe deeply in something in order for magic to work if one has not come to truly Know Thyself. That is to say, alchemy, no matter the technique, craft, or ritual, begins and ends with consciousness. And when one comes to this understanding through Gnosis, they usually create their own personal rituals with complete knowledge that it is simply all an act to engage the divine imagination. Many who possess this gnosis will often do away with complicated rituals altogether and simply go to sleep with deep gratitude for the unseen as if it were seen in order to impress the subconscious mind and will wake up feeling naturally grateful without the conscious mind having to invoke with much effort such thoughts and feelings due to the fact the seed of desire has been firmly planted into the fertile soil of the subconscious mind as they slept. They will possess deep faith or a deep sense of knowing that their imaginings will be reflected back to them through synchronicity in its own time.

Everything one imagines is real, especially when it comes to archetypes of the subconscious mind that is steeped in centuries of practice and cemented into the collective unconscious. A magician's power arises from their Spiritual Imagination.

Never compromise and never fear anything for all exist within your awareness and never the other way around.

Again, all that one imagines is real. The degree of emotional intensity influences the degree to which one's desires will be objectively realized.

Magick when stripped down to its core relies on how deeply one believes in thy will be done on earth (physicality) as it is in heaven (imagination). As Above; So Below. As Within; So Without.

Everything is imagination.

"Man is all imagination, the eternal body of man is imagination" ~ William Blake

Magic explained simply:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." ~ Albert Einstein

For consideration:

'The Key to SOLOMON'S KEY' (PDF) by Lon Milo Duquette

krystallnacht.com...'s%20Key.pdf

For further contemplation in order to connect the dots in the book above:

GOD THE IMAGINATION

www.awakeninthedream.com...

Active Imagination

en.wikipedia.org...

The Red Book by Carl Jung

en.wikipedia.org...(Jung)

The Kybalion by The Three Initiates (published 1908)

marjadevries.nl...

Magick (Thelema)

en.wikipedia.org...(Thelema)

I left "a key" out. One must KNOW what they want. Many "think" they know what they want but in reality they do not. Also, many do not know thyself enough, or understand the nature of mind and how it interconnects and interpenetrates with reality (mind over matter) and therefore fail to nurture that seed of faith due to ignorance. They live by "seeing is believing" instead of "believing is seeing". Therefore, deep down many are only fooling themselves and will continue to miss the mark. Also, many make the mistake of choosing too many things and never imagine a grand experience that includes all the little dreams.

Most do not believe in what I'm attempting to share here at all, or will not be able to connect the dots, and will continue to daily commute their existence away in mundane fashion.

"Imagination rules the world, the human race is governed by its imagination"- Napolean Bonaparte

BELIEVE in something, just ONE thing, stick to it, and allow the subconscious or whatever force you choose to believe in (God if you are the religious type, etc) to do the rest.

Thank you for taking the time and energy to read. I wish you all a very good life.

ETA: The link to "The key to Solomon's Key" by Lon Milo Duquette seems to be broken. If you search for the PDF it will come up. Good read for beginners. Tyler Perry's video is all you really need to understand tho.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Are you trying to tell me that that is Steven Tyler from Aerosmith? I don't even have to watch the video to know it's not true.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Although what you say is true I tend to stay away from the terms you use. The terms Alchemy and Magick have been twisted in two directions. Physical and Occult.

For the one's who believe in the physical practices they are deceiving themselves. For the Occult they are deceiving themselves by believing that they can manifest spiritual influence over others. Often times they implore rituals of power that separate themselves from their true nature.

It is possible to focus on what stands against the Devine nature and achieve false enlightenment, which is why I tend to stay away from the terms that you are using.

One may achieve a position of influence as a result of will, but under the pretext of magick and alchemy it is associated with the occult and not the type of magick and alchemy that I believe you are speaking of. Practitioners of the Occult typically have very limited understanding of their own true nature, power and enlightenment.

They use what they know more like a beast uses his strength to take down a meal. They fail to reach any type of advancement in beneficial gnosis. The true message behind "Know Thyself".

If influence of others outside of attaining a position of leadership was possible through magick and and alchemy one wouldn't need the magick known as propaganda.

edit on 2-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Choose your path wisely...

The ones that are designed to steer you away from the truth are never what they appear to be.

This is TPTB's primary focus, to keep you from finding the truth.

originally posted by: Egyptia
It happened to a friend of mine when I was in highschool. He told me what he was going to read and said he would read it audibly. I told him to stay away from anything like that but he didn't listen. He went insane and is still in a mental institution. He came to me for help after it happened, but he was already too far gone. He was terrified for his life and his soul.

originally posted by: GoldenVoyager
Why open up a pandora's box of darkness? I have seen the effects Satanism and Black Magic has on a person. Usually ends up in possession whether the possessed person realizes it or not. I feel like I have lost my own mother to the powers of darkness. Your life begins a rapid downward spiral. Stay away! Try communicating with God who brings true wisdom, peace and happiness and salvation. Beneficial food for the soul.

Occultist and medium Dion Fortune's nervous breakdown and her early death due to her use of magick is also another major red flag.

The best way I have found to learn about these things is by studying the lives of those who have seen and experienced firsthand both the counterfeit and the genuine.:

Ex-sorcerer Ian Clayton, former occult Grand Master Lyke Uzorma, ex-witch Ana Mendez.

A few others:

Ex-Warlock Winston Pitters
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Ex-Voodoo Priest and Olympic boxer 'Earthquake' Kelly
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

The end result of using Magick and ouija boards are both the same as well...

Demons, just like vacuum cleaner salesmen, will use ANY doorway you leave open.

DO NOT DO IT you will regret it believe me. Do not play with thes things it is a doorway to Hell. I was possessed by a demon after dabbling in the occult and thought these were fun.This demon drove me to try and commit suicide. Source

A girl I know CLAWED HER FACE TO PIECES after playing with a Ouiji board. She went crazy!!!!!. PLEASE guys just don't even go there. These things are bad news. Source

Once you use the damn thing, you let your door open to evil spirits. A friend of mine used it a long time ago and now she's in a hospital. She starts talking about a tall black thing that watches her and talks to her. She regrets using the Ouija board. Source

i cannot stress enough than to ask you DO NOT USE THIS all this does is open up the world of dark spirits my aunt was with a group of high school students they did this 1 student died 1 student went missing and my aunty was put into a mental institution for the rest of her life you can never close this curse once the board is in action it will never stop and it meaning the spirits will kill thats all they want

Source

edit on 2-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Magick is deception.

On many levels.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
A very good thread about Magic, it explained a lot to me. Definitely worth a star and flag.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
Are you trying to tell me that that is Steven Tyler from Aerosmith? I don't even have to watch the video to know it's not true.

Open your eyes as well as your mind...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

sounds like this is essentially just manifest destiny idea again, i'm curious what is your opinion about two individuals with conflicting manifest destinies? does the stronger one win? stronger in what sense? how is that measured?

and if conflicting intentions can hamper your results then wouldnt societies shared view of the way the world is structured essentially be an anchor preventing you from having any success in trying to counter it?

also, can multiple people combine their efforts? does combined intention in a group increases results?

also, how do you explain unexpected things happening to people? example sinkhole swallows up a house family dies, would you say someone in that family was expecting/intending to be swallowed by a sinkhole?

if your answer is that random things can still happen then i ask about lottery winners, are they all a measure if intention VS lack therof? or are some of them just actually lucky and hit it randomly?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Never?

That is known as an "absolute" and easily falsified by finding just ONE who steers toward truth.

What "truth" are you refering to?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Your point is well taken...

I brought it up only because I see Magick as just another form of deliberate deception as another poster mentioned above.

For example all of the end results I cited above about people ending up in mental hospitals or dead...

Those are not just coincidences, those are solid indications that there is a real stealth agenda behind the facade.

But the agenda has to remain hidden or else no one will fall for the scam.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Why is something you do not understand a "scam"? Must everyone follow YOUR path to enlightenment and truth?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Step 1). Throw all your magick crap away and start studying science.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Lets do this metaphysical, its effin hard to learn how to use it properly, sometimes it works, most times, its like an elephant in a porcelain shop.

edit on 2-9-2015 by yulka because: image

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Im honestly gonna say, i think you read the book on your own terms. You just have **** load of knowledge but you aint building anything. How do you know what right or wrong if you dont try it? Like the chemist you know nothing about history, like the physicist who knows nothing about chemistry. You are just gonna get lost, and teach, well.... words.
edit on 2-9-2015 by yulka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

So i did, i all of a sudden i understood. Monkeys... Monkeys everywhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

"Imagination rules the world, the human race is governed by its imagination"- Napolean Bonaparte

Im pretty sure you misinterpreted that quote, yep, im gonna go the distance on that quote and say you got it very wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

A lot of what the O.P. is talking about is psychology. He's talking about how the mind works and how to turn thoughts into actions, and about how what you believe shapes your actions and how you perceive things. These are all scientific ideas. The O.P. isn't saying that there is fire magic out there or something. He talks about how rituals are a tool to focus the mind on a particular outcome, which makes sense, as working with the hands and doing rituals would focus the mind on that outcome and how to get it.
edit on 03amThu, 03 Sep 2015 01:08:15 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

OP, It's not magic. Just got lucky.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The rituals are as important cause humans are monkeys who has an imagination of gigantic proportions, if i take a dump, dont wash my hands, i can make people sick. If i use it as a teaching with something divine, those monkeys are gonna make it into a ritual if i can make it to a symbolic gesture with a deity.
Anything that makes people sick, you make it into a divine lecture of sterility.

Most religions has their customs, most religious people dont know why, including the teachers. They teach a dogma, but never take the time to understand why nor to explain why.

When you need rituals to use common sense you better have religion close. The majority of Swedes uses hand sanitizer. A one meter perimeter, dont sit close. Cause humans are disgusting when it comes to personal hygiene.

Im all for any religion, but if we make a new, we maybe should start at the bottom instead of staring us blind into the future.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I don't think it's a beginner's guide to magic.
It's a beginner's guide to mental institution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join