It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in ISIS so religiously?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Honestly I cannot understand this one. There is not a scrap of proof that this group exists or even goes by this name. It's an idea. Created, sold, and copied. Oh, people are commiting horrible crimes in the name of ISIS? So what? People have been commiting horrible crimes throughout human history, for I dunno, God? So is God real for that reason?
Seriously it's nonsense to me. A bunch of grabby headlines to sell soda pop & life insurance. So the media is all lies, except for ISIS related stories? Funny.
I can't be the only one. I now know how Mr. Heston felt . Damn dirty apes...

The end.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Jefferton because: spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

It's a group of low-intelligence, brainwashed neer-do-wells, who were already borderline psychopaths.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Generation of young men raised by 11-13 year old mothers in a part of the world constantly being blown up by conflicts created by white balding puppet masters in first world countries...with no job prospects and who have never had a flat screen T.V. but suddenly come across group where they have power, money, and influence...

Yeah...

Don't know how that sort of thing happens.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Honestly I cannot understand this one. There is not a scrap of proof that this group exists or even goes by this name. It's an idea. Created, sold, and copied. Oh, people are commiting horrible crimes in the name of ISIS? So what? People have been commiting horrible crimes throughout human history, for I dunno, God? So is God real for that reason?
Seriously it's nonsense to me. A bunch of grabby headlines to sell soda pop & life insurance. So the media is all lies, except for ISIS related stories? Funny.

The end.

Because sadly, to most people, mainstream news = truth.

edit: I do believe ISIS is a real thing. But it's amplified and dramatized by the media.
edit on 2-9-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well,something is causing the biggest migration crisis to Europe since WW2-and those who are seeking refuge happen to be mostly from Syria,Iraq,North Africa and Afghanistan-just where ISIS are attempting to make the caliphate.

What do you think is causing so many people to leave their countries?
They just fancy a change?
Or they are attemting to escape religious fanatics who would behead them or burn them to death if they fail to adhere to a warped version of islam?

ISIS is not a figment of our imagination you know-its actually more of a result of the west meddling in that area of the world IMO.

Don't believe me?
Buy yourself a ticket to al Raqqa in Syria,or Mosul in Iraq,or how about go hang out with the friends of ISIS in Nigeria-Boko Haram.
That means "Westerners Forbidden" in case you were wondering their motives.

They hate us-and with good reason-we have royally forked up their countries for decades-ISIS and the like are a direct response to the way we have treated that part of the world.

They are far from make believe..
Ask anyone who has been over there.

You will find there is more than a "scrap of proof" that such evil exists I am sad to inform you.

edit on 2/9/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I too can believe they're real murders that commit horrible crimes, but I'm still very skeptical.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I talked to a friend in Iran a few days ago. The savagery rages just over the border, and the influx of refugees is staggering.

Frankly, you do not have enough evidence to dismiss it outright. To dismiss it on a principle is irrational.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
While I agree western MSN love to hype fear, exaggerate, and straight up lie, truth is ISIS, ISIL, IS, whatever, exists and has been running rampant getting more powerful with each passing day. Want proof? Just google "Turkish English new", "Libya English new", "Syria English news", "Insert Middle Eastern Nation English news", well you get the idea.

They aren't hyping a fake boogeyman.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The people they have killed are really dead.

The counter ISIS forces are numerous, actively engaged with an enemy and suffer casualties.

The sites of great historical and and religious merit are really destroyed.

ISIS post videos of themselves doing all this stuff.

How much in denial are you?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Fear and religious belief are the main contenders, essentialy the same culprits responsible for holding back humanity since the begining of recorded history. And probably long before.
edit on 2-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

If iSIS didn't exist they'd have to make it up. How else do you justify trillions of defense dollars and endless war? They can't just admit to conquering nations for resources and territory, now can they?

Dropping bombs for humanitarian reasons, lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I talked to a friend in Iran a few days ago. The savagery rages just over the border, and the influx of refugees is staggering.

Wondering if you have any stats on that. I googled it and all I saw referenced refugees FROM Iran, and Australia begging Iran to take back their refugees, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The people they have killed are really dead.

The counter ISIS forces are numerous, actively engaged with an enemy and suffer casualties.

The sites of great historical and and religious merit are really destroyed.

ISIS post videos of themselves doing all this stuff.

How much in denial are you?

Bad people do bad things in the name of things that aren't real. Missed the God reference I see..

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The end.

You believe in the CIA don't you? I do, they are very clever.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Three words, Dull Knife, Headless

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No stats. Going on someone's word.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Why do people believe in ISIS so religiously? - Because they have been trained up by the media to do so thats why.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
because they're stupid?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The end.

I take it you are not aware of the HUGE amount of people fleeing Syria and Iraq? Why do you think they are all dying (literally) to get away?

Your mistrust of the mainstream media is too far...ISIS are real, they are killing people and destroying lives. Is it hyped up in the media? WHo knows. But as someone who has friends in arab countries...they are real.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join