It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homicide suspected in 'clearly suspicious' death of off-duty Texas officer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Biker culture in Texas is nothing to be trifled with. We haven't heard the last from Waco, I can guarantee that!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown

My guess is he got on the wrong side of the Aryan Brotherhood or some Hispanic cartel.
Of course everything is just speculation until the real reports come out.

I have to agree with you there. Most likely Tango Blast, the largest Hispanic gang in Texas. Well known to operate in Abilene due to the 2 prisons there. No proof they played a part, but cross them and they can be extremely brutal. Total gang population in Texas is roughly 100,000, not including prisons. Wait to see now.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Hasn't even considered that angle. I know Los Zetas are squarely in the "zero craps given" when it comes to killing people. I imagine that culture is probably adopted by other gangs down that way.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Hasn't even considered that angle. I know Los Zetas are squarely in the "zero craps given" when it comes to killing people. I imagine that culture is probably adopted by other gangs down that way.

Los Zetas lost their stronghold in Texas prisons, and are slowly losing their hold anywhere in Texas. Too much competition I guess. Here's some of the numbers for Texas gangs.

Tango Blast, Tango cliques: 15,000 members
Texas Syndicate: 3,400 members
Texas Mexican Mafia: 4,700 members
Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13): 800 members
Latin Kings: 2,100 members

These groups are the most violent and active in Texas, and have strong ties to the cartels. MS-13 and Latin Kings numbers seem low to me. They are known to hide their affiliations, in public and in prisons. So much craziness in this world today.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Given what I have observed of the people in the state and their general belief in the police system, this is not the best of places to open the 'shoot cops' can of worms. Time will tell I suppose.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

MS-13 was huge where I used to work. They also possess a distinct lack of crap giving. They typically stuck to the gangster code though. They wouldn't go out of their way to pick a fight with the law, though, and limited their resisting to running and the occasional attempt at fisticuffs.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

With as violent as our border is , and as much drugs coming out of here....

I know for a FACT MS-13 has GOT to be higher then that, I would venture to guess their affiliates number well over Tango, they just intigrated and infiltrated......

Theres no way that number is that low

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Given what I have observed of the people in the state and their general belief in the police system, this is not the best of places to open the 'shoot cops' can of worms. Time will tell I suppose.

people here only put up with so much before they start taking action of their own here in Texas

and I dont say that because of Hubris, I say that because history says so.......when the gov refused to do anything about the border, malitias went there

When gov couldnt help the flood victims, our own people did......Etc etc etc

People down here stand up for their own, regardless of color, and will only put up with so much before they start taking care of business
edit on 9/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Not sure what the 'not really' meant. As you mentioned, Texans aren't going to let that crap fly for long. The state population is well armed and at least the rural population knows how to handle fire arms and will support the police in general. I have little concerns about this crap going anywhere in my area of Texas.
edit on 9/2/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I agree. These are numbers known to DPS for their yearly Gang Update they have to provide the Governor. As I said earlier, they are well known for hiding their gang affiliation, here in Texas and elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Not sure what the 'not really' meant. As you mentioned, Texans aren't going to let that crap fly for long. The state population is well armed and at least the rural population knows how to handle fire arms and will support the police in general. I have little concerns about this crap going anywhere in my area of Texas.

my appologies I read that as "This was a good place" ahh sorry mate

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

my appologies I read that as "This was a good place" ahh sorry mate

haha. Yep, still is. I'm a native Texan and believe to good points out weigh the poorer points. We will take care of our state.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I know we are still waiting on more information on how and why this officer was murdered, but I still lean toward some kind of gang involvement. Primarily due to the police searching phone records, and feeling there were several people involved. It may lead elsewhere, but a gang still is a good possibility.

In 1988 I worked with a Correctional Officer who was a really "old boot". Had more than 20 years service. Gang intelligence officers intercepted what turned out to be a hit list. His name was on the top. The GIO did not notify the unit warden, rather sent it to Huntsville. In the shuffle, nobody notified the officer he was on that list.

3 months later he was found slumped down in a chair at home, with a gunshot wound in the back of his head. I guess the big-wigs didn't think to follow up and notify the warden or the officer.

These gangs that most people don't even know are operating in their towns and states, are very dangerous and active.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

www.reporternews.com...

Here is an update

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Breaking, 2 people in custody.

though in the press conference they said they were just persons of interest, they have video of 2 people in cuffs.

www.myfoxzone.com...

KIDY Fox in san angelo has a facebook page with a video clip of them walking them into the police station.

there is a link for a live feed to a press conference in the link

www.bigcountryhomepage.com...

edit on 3-9-2015 by akira131 because: another link

edit on 3-9-2015 by akira131 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

sanangelolive.com...

summary of the press conference.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: akira131

The lack of details is curious, still. Not even a cause of death.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: akira131

The lack of details is curious, still. Not even a cause of death.

Agreed. The silence speaks volumes.

I am still stuck on the "premeditated" part as well. I think that one word tells us more then all the information they have released.

"these people aren't suspects, just persons of interest, we want to speak with them because they may have information they are not aware they have"

then the next day ...

"we have 2 suspects in custody" - charged with murder already as well. They obviously know/knew way more then what they were letting out. Which is understandable, but it seems they almost outright lied in some instances so maybe the details don't make the department look good.
edit on 4-9-2015 by akira131 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join