It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homicide suspected in 'clearly suspicious' death of off-duty Texas officer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Earlier today an off-duty Texas police officer was found murdered in his home. As of right now they have no evidence to believe he was targeted solely for being a cop, but an affidavit that was filed to obtain cell tower records in the area does state the filing officer believes "multiple parties communicated to plan and carry out the murder." Beyond that, there's a bunch of rumors flying around including one that an anti-cop message was left at the scene. The local police have been either debunking rumors or answering without really answering.

If he wasn't murdered because badge, the motive will be highly interesting to learn. But....is this an attempt to not inflame further tensions? I have no indication that's the case, but the thought popped in my head.

I know we have several Texans here on ATS so perhaps somebody can offer some insight into what the hell is going on down there?

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 2-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What if vigilante good cops are targeting known corrupt officers?
Or if rogue bad cops are getting rid of the good few?

I hate to start the conspiracy theories, but it came to mind.

Could this be an internal conflict?

A cleansing?
Or a purge?
edit on 2-9-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Dirty cop taken out by a local militia? I have heard that the police don't mind airport rides. Maybe they dropped off the wrong girl?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Going by the accepted idea of a good cop, I would say that's unlikely.

Going by the accepted idea of a bad cop, it's possible. Though I would be stunned that it was done in such an overt manner.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i don't think what is happening in Texas is much different from the rest of the country. The Bland case has focused more light in the state I would imagine.

The shooting of the man with hands ups in San Antonio adds to it. The state big cities have had some officer shot just like other big cities.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

he was found Monday night in Clyde Texas, a short distance from the city he worked (Abilene)

they are being very tight lipped.

What they HAVE released doesn't sound good. This type of thing is virtually unheard of in this part of TX

www.reporternews.com...

uggh, wish I had a screen shot. They have removed the search affidavit from the site at the request of the police.

they are searching local tower calls, they believed it was more than one person and that it was premeditated.
edit on 2-9-2015 by akira131 because: more info

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: akira131

What I read earlier made it sound as if they suspected it was a premeditated hit by multiple individuals.

but they were also still saying it wasn't because he was a police officer.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i would think it is more likely tied to the under world then the get the cops attitude. In the rural and smaller town area the violence such as murder is not common.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You're right, I read it wrong. He was actually found on Monday.

If you go to my link there's no affidavit but there's "a direct quote" from it.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I am leaning towards this line of thought. We do have an underworld, it's ugly. Drugs and people smuggling up from the border.

That being said, by all accounts the man was an outstanding officer. Maybe it is something in between.

Either way.. it's just more fuel to a fire that many people are still refusing to admit is burning down their house.

I think we need to all just stop and take a step back. Breath. Maybe even just a few days off for everyone. Lets close things down and spend some time with our families and reflect. Wrongs exist on both sides of this isle and we can fix it.

But not if we start murdering each other in the streets.
If this man was executed in his own home in the middle of nowhere Texas then... there will be retribution. People are tired, and people here do not take well to cop killers, killer cops, or pedo's.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

yea, I am not sure why they pulled a public affidavit, except to just make it harder for the general population to get those details without a request.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What I'd like to know is how he died, and why it's clearly suspicious. It would be "clearly suspicious", for example, if it was an obviously staged suicide, especially if it was a hanging with a trash bag.

That would be "Clearly suspicious", in my opinion.

edit on 2-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Another one. Crazy days.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I've met a few good cops in my days Shamrock, and though it's hard to make the comparison between London & Texas, moral fibre is universal.

I wouldn't put it past the good guys to clear out the bad if this is the only way possible.

At the same time I'd hate to tarnish this cop with the bad brush so early. Or at all in fact if he was decent.

Doesn't sound like something gang bangers, Mafias or militia would do though.

No one wants that kind of heat.

We don't like the police where I'm from, it's how we grew up, and justified to a large extent, but even round here cop killing would be frowned upon.

You bring heat on the whole underworld with one action?
Your likely to eat a bullet.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I feel like I heard the line "killing cops is bad for business" somewhere. A movie perhaps. And it's true. That's a good way to bring a lot of heat on everybody.

Moral fibre knows no boundaries. Good people are good people. Bad are bad. The difference between the two is that good people can make a mistake. Bad people just wake up and do their thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
He could have gotten involved by being against the underworld versus part of it. We have seen what are known as good citizens living a double life but I wouldn't say that about this man with evidence. Strange things happen.

stuff like revenge happens...DAs killed

The Kaufman County murders refer to a series of events involving the murder of two prosecutors and a prosecutor's wife in Kaufman County, Texas in 2013. The case gained national attention in the United States due to increasing speculation that the Aryan Brotherhood prison gang was responsible.

Eric Williams, a former lawyer whose theft case was prosecuted by the two victims, was tried, found guilty, and sentenced to death for the three murders. His wife, Kim Williams, is being tried separately.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Doesn't sound like something gang bangers, Mafias or militia would do though.

Well, perhaps it has something to do with the biker massacre in Waco.

www.usatoday.com...
www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 2-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What if vigilante good cops are targeting known corrupt officers?
Or if rogue bad cops are getting rid of the good few?

I hate to start the conspiracy theories, but it came to mind.

Could this be an internal conflict?

A cleansing?
Or a purge?

Cops are being targeted piont blank because of all the rhetoric, straight up.

So now, (given this wasnt just some robbery or whatever) instead of thinking logically, that he could have been targeted for being a cop, by groups who have been outspoken about targeting police, were gonna start a conpsiracy theory that its rogue cops targeting other cops?

So instead of going with the common sense, that certain groups (you knwo who they are) have been calling for cops to get killed, were going to go with THAT level of mental gymnastics to deflect away from the real issue......

Just.................. wow

that being said, it could just be pissed off bikers from earlier in the year!

Lets wait for the facts before we start making conspiracy
edit on 9/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Being 184 miles apart I'd doubt it.

But you never know.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Seems there are a lot of officers being shot at in the last few days. Makes me wonder if it is a coordinated effort in multiple states. Not necessarily singling out any particular LEO, but any that are an easy target.

There is this one, the one in Fox Lake, the one in Millis, and it seems like there was another...odd thing is that in all cases, the suspects still have yet to be caught.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join